AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64
 Post subject: Re: Everton News & Views
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
Feels like more than 6 teams better than us at the moment :suicide:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah it feels like this one is going downhill fast.

How do the fans feel about Koeman?

I get the impression he feels he's to good for Everton but his managerial record doesn't really back that up, his profile in England is big because he did well at Southampton but they are a fantastically well run club who he took over at the right time and to be fair to him he bought in a few players who really hit it off straight away like Tadic & Pelle.

From day one at Everton if felt like he was treating it like a stepping stone to go on to bigger and better things and that sort of attitude can rub players up the wrong way and when things aren't going well it can see people turn on you quickly.

I feel like unless he does something at Everton ie breaks the top 4, wins a domestic cup or maybe gets them to a Europa League semi/final he's not going to get better offers than Everton which is in the modern game probably one of the top 20-30 jobs in the world such is the draw of the Premier League.

It does feel like they need something clever to come off in January in the transfer market to inject a bit of life into that team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:12 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

JSP wrote:
Yeah it feels like this one is going downhill fast.

How do the fans feel about Koeman?

I get the impression he feels he's to good for Everton but his managerial record doesn't really back that up, his profile in England is big because he did well at Southampton but they are a fantastically well run club who he took over at the right time and to be fair to him he bought in a few players who really hit it off straight away like Tadic & Pelle.

From day one at Everton if felt like he was treating it like a stepping stone to go on to bigger and better things and that sort of attitude can rub players up the wrong way and when things aren't going well it can see people turn on you quickly.

I feel like unless he does something at Everton ie breaks the top 4, wins a domestic cup or maybe gets them to a Europa League semi/final he's not going to get better offers than Everton which is in the modern game probably one of the top 20-30 jobs in the world such is the draw of the Premier League.

It does feel like they need something clever to come off in January in the transfer market to inject a bit of life into that team.

We've known from day one with Koeman not to get attached. I don't think anyone expected him to last more than 3 years.
He certainly doesn't seem to know what to do with the players he has. Which is strange because although Steve Walsh is behind recruitment now, I believe all the players we got were the ones Koeman wanted. Whether his hearts not in it or he just doesn't know what he's doing it does seem like something needs to change. I'm not for saying sack a manager especially so early on but we need SOMETHING.

I'm starting to wonder if sacking Koeman and bringing Barkley back into the side might be the injection of life that we need. Or maybe I'm just getting desperate.

I miss Lukaku :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

It's become a very grey area between who is and isn't signing players at clubs my understanding of a sporting director is he's supposed to build the squad because he is also picking the managers to fit that squad it's why Southampton deal with turnover so well as they're always planning for next season on the assumption that players and managers will probably need to be replaced. However, I'm not sure if Walsh actually has that role at Everton he's more a head of scouting so he's going out at building reports on players who fit the Everton profile it sounds like Koeman still has the final call on a signing.

Everton I think got dazzled a bit by the money this summer they clearly wanted Rooney to help build the profile of the club abroad whatever you think of him as a player and person now he's a global superstar of the game which will help them with sponsors but I just can't get my head around the Siggurdson signing. I mean it was so clear after they got Klaasen & Rooney in that they needed a centre forward and with £45m to spend surely they couldn't got someone.

I mean push hard for Giroud even if it means offering him silly wages, Palace for Benteke or Swansea for Llorente I reckon you'd have been able to get any one of them for about £30m and they're all fairly decent centre PL centre forwards. Even go a bit more risky and try and get Deeney he suits what Everton/Koeman wants from his centre forward or go for something a little different in Vardy who is quite similar to Lukaku in that he is quick and loves to run into space.

Barkley when he's fit in January will probably be sold because of his contract but even he provides another square piece to a round hole problem as he's another attacking centre mid when the problems are clearly up front and out wide. He will also be able to pass medicals and he can play in European competition after Xmas as he won't be cup tied for either CL or Europa League, it seems clear he wants to go to Spurs but Spurs will only buy him once he's fit.

I don't think sacking Koeman is the answer but they have got to get strikers in January to solve the problem the fact he's turned to Niasse a guy he completely froze out last season shows how desperate things are.

Did you hear the story about him leaving the ground after a recent game in his tracksuit rather than a club suit because he wasn't given a club suit at the start of the season :laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Heard a lot of stuff about Niasse that doesn't surprise me.

Think tonight's game could be a defining moment for Koeman. Lose and he could be gone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

To be honest you're better off just playing the kids for the rest of it now than trying to rescue any sort of pride.

Really it just feels like hold on until January with or without Koeman then get the best striker you can in, either on a permanent or a loan deal.

I mean Everton clearly wanted to spend big on someone in the summer you really have to question why they did it on Siggurdson and not a striker like Hernandez or Iheanacho. They aren't the best but they are what a club like Everton probably need it seems like they were left on the hook by Giroud.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

First time I've looked forward to a game in quite some time.
Who do you think is the likeliest candidate to get the job full time. Do you think names like Ancelotti are ridiculous?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think with the money in the league now nothing is ridiculous but he doesn't feel like the right sort of guy to takeover Everton in this situation you probably want a more up and coming young guy like Tuchel if you can get him, someone who might be able to build something over the next 2-3 years and plays exciting football which fans will enjoy watching.

My only thinking with Carlo is it's the sort of squad he'd like working with lots of senior player but to be honest apart from a big fat pay cheque i'm not sure what would really attract him to that job?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think with the money in the league now nothing is ridiculous but he doesn't feel like the right sort of guy to takeover Everton in this situation you probably want a more up and coming young guy like Tuchel if you can get him, someone who might be able to build something over the next 2-3 years and plays exciting football which fans will enjoy watching.

My only thinking with Carlo is it's the sort of squad he'd like working with lots of senior player but to be honest apart from a big fat pay cheque i'm not sure what would really attract him to that job?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ancelotti wasn't my particular choice, just wondering what you thought about that sort of big name and whether we could attract him or someone of that calibre.

Its all looking a bit desperate now, if we go and lose to Watford at the weekend I think we need to move pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

MIG wrote:
Ancelotti wasn't my particular choice, just wondering what you thought about that sort of big name and whether we could attract him or someone of that calibre.

Its all looking a bit desperate now, if we go and lose to Watford at the weekend I think we need to move pretty quickly.

I think it's tricky everyone seems to be pushing Dyche for the job but what record has he got for building a team with money? His success has been working on a shoe string budget with a backs to the walls mentality, when you take over a club like Everton with bigger egos in the dressing room will that work? I also can't help but think the guy is lucky rather than good his team gets battered every week but the keeper has a worldie and they nick something on the break. That can't be a sustainable plan and those sort of tactics wouldn't fly at a club like Everton.

The most obvious choices I can see for what Everton want would be guys like Benitez or Rodgers but they're not really options given the links they have with the red half of Merseyside.

I think you need a young hungry manager but it also needs some sensible people above him to provide the right players you can't have another scatter gun summer where you've spent £150m but seem to have created more problems than solutions.

If you don't sort it soon you'll end up scrambling for a guy like Pardew.

Given what's available I'd probably stick with Unsworth in a temporary role and if it gets really bad hit the Allardyce panic button after Xmas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Only Everton take this long to appoint a new manager :sulk:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

MIG wrote:
Only Everton take this long to appoint a new manager :sulk:

I know and Moyes was just sitting there with nothing to do until last week :lol:

Seems obvious that Unsworth isn't the answer but finding a replacement is tricky.

You have to wonder why they didn't get someone lined up before pulling the trigger on Koeman, things must have got so bad there that they had no choice but to sack him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64