AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65
 Post subject: Re: Everton News & Views
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
JSP wrote:
MIG wrote:
So two games, two wins and two clean sheets and we are 10th. Things change quickly in football.
Nice start from Big Sam who is suddenly extremely likeable to me. Fickle, fickle football fans eh?

Although normal service will resume next weekend as we are away to Liverpool :sos: :suicide:

Yeah but West Ham & Huddersfield both at home are dream fixtures even for a "struggling" club like Everton this season. Huddersfield haven't scored away since the opening day of the season. I feel a bit sorry for Unsworth obviously he got one of the results but Allardyce maybe took some credit for it as his appointment maybe motivated the players a bit more as they knew the new manager was watching.

What's the general mood amongst the fans with Allardyce? Are people positive about it or has everyone just accepted he's probably a necessary evil given the situation you were in.

Rooney seems to have dropped back into more of a midfield position like he had at Utd under Van Gaal which has put Siggurdson where he should be in behind the strikers so the team looks more balanced already.

Yeah I know, probably getting way ahead of myself but when you've had such a dreadful run its quite nice to bask in a couple of wins, I almost forgot what it felt like.

The mood is pretty much split. I think most people are accepting the appointment and seeing it as a short term fix and looking forward to a bigger appointment next summer or after. Others just cannot forgive the board for getting us in this situation and cannot tolerate someone like Big Sam at our club.
I see it slightly differently. Although I hope we have bigger plans in the future I'd like to see what Allardyce can do at a bigger club than he's been at before and with plenty of cash to spend.

Rooney has looked good in midfield coming back into the team after a few games out. Not sure how consistent he can be but it looks promising so far.
All talks now moving to the January transfer window. Names like Giroud, Walcott and N'Zonzi are getting me excited but I must learn from last summer not to get too excited!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Everton News & Views
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

MIG wrote:
Yeah I know, probably getting way ahead of myself but when you've had such a dreadful run its quite nice to bask in a couple of wins, I almost forgot what it felt like.

The mood is pretty much split. I think most people are accepting the appointment and seeing it as a short term fix and looking forward to a bigger appointment next summer or after. Others just cannot forgive the board for getting us in this situation and cannot tolerate someone like Big Sam at our club.
I see it slightly differently. Although I hope we have bigger plans in the future I'd like to see what Allardyce can do at a bigger club than he's been at before and with plenty of cash to spend.

Rooney has looked good in midfield coming back into the team after a few games out. Not sure how consistent he can be but it looks promising so far.
All talks now moving to the January transfer window. Names like Giroud, Walcott and N'Zonzi are getting me excited but I must learn from last summer not to get too excited!

I think the issue with Allardyce is he'll want full control as it's what he's used to and Everton are moving away from that having put Walsh in and it's clear that this structure is taking time to bed in as the summer showed it wasn't a joined up process.

Rooney will be fine in midfield when he isn't put under pressure at home against the weaker sides he'll pick them off no problem but against better sides he'll just get run off the park so they'll need to either bench him or move him further forward and bench Siggurdson.

I can't see Giroud moving in January as Arsenal still have Europa League and he's playing a lot off the bench but Walcott could definitely come even if it was on loan as he's not playing any football.

Nzonzi would be a great signing but it's not really solving a problem as you've got loads of midfield options.

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65