AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Everton News & Views
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:12 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Think squad wise not a huge amount between Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool and Everton

Everton & Liverpool have the advantage of no European football though and that I think will become a factor in the 2nd half of season.

Think Everton need a top centre mid if they can get one of them and keep the rest of their players can see them going well

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:54 am 
Major General
Major General

Swansea signed Llorent and Borja JSP .. Guidolin can make them tough to beat ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:39 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Bolasie signed for 25m :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Everton have been told it will cost in the region of £30m to acquire land for a new stadium on the banks of the river Mersey.

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, and chairman, Bill Kenwright, are in negotiations with the Peel Group, owners of the dockland site in north Liverpool, as they consider two brownfield options for relocating from Goodison Park.

Joe Anderson, the mayor of Liverpool who is closely involved in discussions with Everton, said on Friday that an announcement on the club’s move could be made “in a couple of months”. However, the preferred option of a new stadium on Liverpool’s waterfront is dependent on Everton meeting or renegotiating the Peel Group’s £30m asking price for the land.

Anderson refused to comment on the price but said: “Things are really positive. No option is ruled out but everyone knows my preferred option. Everyone knows the club’s preferred option. There are discussions taking place and we’re at the heart of that trying to move things on.

“Really, given where we were 12 months ago, we are in a much different and healthier position. The obstacle with all these things is an agreement must be reached. We did that with Anfield. We had challenges, had to buy properties and move people on. It’s about negotiation and making significant concessions.”

Peel secured planning permission for an ambitious £5.5bn redevelopment project for the north Liverpool docks in 2012 – with no stadium involved – but the area remains derelict. The site would require significant enabling works before the construction of a new stadium could take place, unlike Everton’s second option in Croxteth, where the land at Stonebridge Cross is ready for development.

Anderson was speaking at the official opening of Liverpool’s new £114m main stand, part of an overall £260m regeneration project in the Anfield area. Liverpool city council worked closely with Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owner, on resolving the long-running saga of the Anfield stadium and Anderson insists it is imperative to do likewise with Everton.

The mayor added: “Both clubs are crucially important to the city. As in London and Manchester they bring an economic development in terms of jobs, visitors and tourism. Everton, in terms of the partnership we’ve got, is as strong as ever. I am really positive we will be able to announce in a couple of months what we are doing with the club. I am confident there will be something for Evertonians – a new stadium as good as this.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ronald Koeman said Ross Barkley "is no longer a young talent" as the Everton boss revealed he expects better performances from the midfielder.

Barkley, 22, was left out of the Everton team for the first time under Dutchman Koeman as the Toffees drew 1-1 at Manchester City on Saturday.

Koeman said the decision was "tactical" as he wanted to field a side "with more pressing than normal".

But he added that he hoped Barkley's omission was "a good wake-up call".

"He is already playing four years in the first team. You are not any more a talent, that means you need to show you have improved," Koeman said.

"I still believe in his qualities, but if I am not totally happy or it is a tactical question, he does not start. His reaction was positive. He was very disappointed, which you need to be."

Barkley has made 119 Everton appearances since making his debut in August 2011, when he was 17.

But former Toffees team-mate Leon Osman has questioned his consistency this season and although he was in England's squad for Euro 2016 he has not been called up since.

Koeman said he expected his side to have "more possession than normal" in Saturday's 15:00 BST kick-off at Burnley, and suggested Barkley would return to the starting XI.

"[Against City] we played a little bit different than normal so I did not start with him, but that might change in the weekend," he said.

"You like to have the best team for the each game, and the weekend is a different game."

I think he's right to challenge Barkley you look at how much Lukaku has developed at the club and he's a similar age he's a much better player now than he was 3 seasons ago even someone like Delofeu has improved whereas Barkley seems to have hit a bit of a wall he still looks like the same player he was 3 years ago.

Hopefully Koeman and the coaches work with him behind the scenes and try to improve him and Barkley himself is he's got to take that criticism no board and want to change.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri will back “ruthless” manager Ronald Koeman in the transfer market while trying to improve things off the pitch himself.

The Iranian billionaire, a 49.9% stakeholder, is pushing ahead with plans for a new stadium which “rewards the loyalty and passion of fans”.

Moshiri stressed the only way the club could compete in the “new Hollywood of football” which is England’s north west was to improve commercial income but insisted in the meantime Koeman would get what he wanted to build Everton’s squad.

“We have no restrictions to spend,” he told TalkSport. “The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one. There are no sentimental issues there. The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary. Koeman is Koeman: he does what he wants and I support him.

“I think the job of an owner and chairman is simply to hire and fire the manager, the rest is down to him. Once we hire a manager we back him. He has the personality, aura and ability and we trust him. In Everton’s culture the manger is the most important individual. He achieved eighth and seventh with Southampton. He needs to improve on that but it is a very difficult landscape now.”

Everton did their best to back Koeman in the summer window but despite coming up with the cash – helped by the £47.5m sale of John Stones to Manchester City – they found it difficult to bring in top-class stars.

“I think the manager had seven names, four of those we got,”Moshiri said. “We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly of Napoli and they wanted £60m. It is monopoly money. We went right to the asking price and they decided not to sell.

“He [Koeman] wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched [Moussa] Sissoko’s asking price and actually paid more and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind. Lucas Peréz [Deportivo La Coruna’s forward] was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute.”

Moshiri knows the only way Everton can hope to compete with the Premier League’s top sides is by spending more money but in order to do that they have to bring in more revenue, hence the need to move from Goodison Park.

Sites at Bramley Moore Dock in the city centre and Stonebridge Cross in Croxteth have been identified and Moshiri knows which one he prefers and he has made it his priority to bring it to fruition after several failed attempts.

“For our club to compete in the north-west of England, which is the new Hollywood of football with Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, we needed a star to stand on the touchline so I got Koeman,” he said.

“We needed a strong balance sheet so I paid off the debts. We are now very flexible financially. We need a big stadium, no question about it. We have done the hard bit because the club was restricted to move or expand Goodison by banking covenants but I have paid the debts so we are free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it.

“The club has taken something from the fans and in our minds we know where to go and we are committed. I can reassure them they will have a stadium which rewards their loyalty and passionate support for our club. This is my key aim.”

Would be a shame to see Goodison go but I guess modern times call for modern stadiums and the corporate facilities are part of that and as a dedicated football stadium they should avoid the issues of London stadium

Think they made good signings in the summer think they might come in for Schniederlin in January as Koeman worked with him before.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paul Merson says that if Ross Barkley were Spanish he’d be in their national team.

Writing in his weekly column in the Daily Star, Merson said that he was surprised that Barkley was left out of England’s squad.

He believes that England are guilty of wasting his talent, and believes he should be included in order to learn from Wayne Rooney.

“He had a blinder against West Ham and surely he’s going to be around for years to come. You’ve got to pick players like that for the future,” Merson said.

“If he was Spanish you can guarantee he’d already be playing regularly for Spain. We’re wasting his talent.

“Other countries must laugh at us when they see how we treat kids like Barkley. We complain about too many foreign players coming to play in the Premier League.

“But then we can’t find room in the England squad for one of the most talented young players we’ve got.

“Being in the England squad would help him because he’s got Wayne Rooney there to learn from.

“Sometimes Barkley is guilty of making bad decisions. But if Everton are patient with him and he gets a good run in the team it could start to work for him again.

“He has a good coach there now in Ronald Koeman who should be able to get the best out of him. But it’s time he was back in the England squad.”

If Barkley was Spanish he'd probably have 0 international caps and that's not even trying to be harsh he's a talented kid but he needs to be much more consistent to get in the national team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Thats a joke of the day ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Always worth remembering that Mersin spent most of the 90s drunk and of his tits on cocaine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has changed the colour of decorations on his Christmas tree after fans saw red.

The Dutchman, 53, was inundated with complaints that his baubles were in the red of arch-rivals Liverpool rather than the blue of the Toffeemen.

Koeman quickly changed them... and tried to avoid taking responsibility.

He explained in his weekly pre-match news conference: "A big mistake of my wife, I'm a Blue but I do like a glass of red wine."

Koeman had earlier posted a snap of his tree on Twitter.

Following complaints, Koeman's tree was redecorated with far more neutral cream and white baubles.

"Better colour?" the former Southampton boss tweeted.

But some Everton fans thought he should have gone even further... mocking up a full blue-and-white Everton-themed tree on social media.

Football fans are so weird sometimes pretty sure Man City dress up their Santa in blue rather than red because of Utd to be honest if you're going to do that just don't bother with a Santa.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 pm 
Major General
Major General

Its ridiculous .. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ronald Koeman has confirmed Everton have been in touch with Charlton Athletic over a £10m move for the 19-year-old forward Ademola Lookman.

The Merseyside club’s director of football, Steve Walsh, identified the England under-20 player as a target some weeks ago, and Everton are expected to move quickly once the transfer window opens in January. Lookman scored his seventh goal of the season away at MK Dons on Boxing Day and has also been interesting Crystal Palace, but Everton now appear to be at the front of the queue for his services.

“There is interest for the boy, yes,” Koeman said on Wednesday. “Of course we are working on some deals for January. We have certain interest in some players but we have to keep that inside the club. Some of the names you read in the papers are correct, though most of the time the speculation is bullshit. We would like to use the transfer window to make the team stronger.”

Apart from Lookman, who would not be loaned back to Charlton but may not be immediately ready to step up into the Premier League, Everton are believed to be interested in Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, both finding games difficult to come by under José Mourinho at Old Trafford. Koeman is an admirer of the former having worked with him at Southampton, and is thought to consider Depay an ideal replacement for Yannick Bolasie, the winger signed in summer who has been sidelined for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Everton travel to Hull on Friday without Maarten Stekelenburg and James McCarthy, though buoyed by their victory at Leicester on Boxing Day, a first win on the road since the start of September. That was the occasion Koeman withdrew Ross Barkley to improve his side’s effectiveness in what was seen as a get-tough approach that worked, though the player was back on the bench at Leicester and his manager is increasingly wary every time the subject crops up.

“It is better not to always talk about Ross,” he said. “We had other subs on the bench at Leicester and maybe I am not so good as an actor. I think in the past I have been too honest with my thought about players, so I won’t do that again. I need to protect myself a little bit.”

Koeman reverted to his favoured three at the back system against Leicester and may keep the formation against Hull. “Most of the time I prefer three centre-backs against teams that play 4-4-2, because it means it’s not one against one behind,” he explained. “You look for the best way to deal with your opponents’ strengths. It isn’t being afraid, just being prepared.”

Young players such as Mason Holgate and Tom Davies may again be called upon as Koeman tries to cope with so many games in such short a period.

“We are better off than some, because we get a day extra rest before playing again on January 2,” he said. “But it is a tough period, you can’t do it with 11 players.”

Hull are bottom of the table with only three wins all season but Koeman intends to take nothing for granted. “The most dangerous thing you can do in football is to expect to win a game, especially when the Premier League is so unpredictable,” he said. “I don’t look at the position in the table because I watched Hull play against Man City and after 70 minutes it was still scoreless. Hull lost against West Ham but they were the best team and hit the post a few times. It will be a tough game and we will need to be at our best.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

Bolasie out until 2018 ... i thougjt he would be back like luke shaw somewhere between march april but its a devastating news for everton ..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Everton's preferred site for its proposed new stadium is Bramley Moore Dock, the club's chairman has said.

Bill Kenwright told shareholders at the club's annual general meeting at the Philharmonic Hall on Wednesday evening.

Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson said the council would invest £20m ($25m) in a new road near the planned ground, alongside plans for a railway station.

He said the proposals were the "most exciting opportunity that the club has had in decades".

'First English stadium'

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said they were hoping to reveal more detailed plans within the next three months.

Mr Elstone revealed at the meeting Everton had secured new commercial deals worth £75m ($93m), including a naming rights deal for their Finch Farm training ground and shirt sponsorship. Season ticket prices for next season will also be either frozen or reduced.

Everton FC which has played from Goodison Park since 1892 abandoned plans to build the new ground at Walton Hall Park in May.

Goodison Park has a capacity of just under 40,000.

Liverpool FC officially opened its expanded main stand at Anfield, which increased its capacity to 54,000, in September.

Liverpool City Council said it "remains committed to working with Everton Football Club to find a viable stadium solution within the city.

"The significant investment of a new stadium, at whichever location the club chooses, will have far ranging economic benefits and would be a catalyst for regeneration to the surrounding communities.

"Once the club has made their decision, the city council will provide as much support as possible on all the relevant planning and transport issues.''

Obviously the club needs to increase the capacity and therefore the revenue it can get from the ground but so far none of the clubs who've moved into these new stadiums have managed to retain the atmosphere of the old grounds.

It'll be interesting to see how big they go you'd imagine they'll be looking for something around 60,000 to match Spurs/Arsenal/City with capacity for further expansion but can they fill that?

West Ham are facing a problem they're struggling to sell out the Olympic Stadium loads of empty seats (despite club claiming there's a waiting list) because people who got season tickets either aren't bothering to go or got them as corporate seats and don't use them. There's also a lot of suggestions that a lot of the traditional West Ham fans won't renew they can't stand the new ground as it's totally different to what they were used to and what they enjoyed. You can understand why West Ham did it this was a once in a lifetime chance to get a massive stadium but everyone who goes and watches football there says it's sh*t and hates it.

Everton need to be careful and make sure that everyone is catered for there's no point in building a ground that doesn't suit your fans obviously you want to be able to cater for the day trippers who come from all over the world to see a PL game and the corporate hospitality set but you can't forget your average fans who wants to be able to go in a pub for a few beers before the game and grab a bag of chips on his way to the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:53 am 
Major General
Major General

None of the xlubs give a damn about fans ... You could say Liverpool did listen to their fans last season over Ticket rise but moving to new stadium helps pour in finances..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Romelu Lukaku’s future at Everton is uncertain as he has yet to sign his new contract at Goodison Park.

The Toffees are believed to have tabled an improved deal worth around £140,000 a week to the most expensive player in their history, but The Times report that Lukaku has not yet signed the contract.

Paul Joyce, a reliable man on Merseyside, states that talks between the two parties opened in August, but two transfer windows have now passed without resolution.

The Belgian’s agent, Mino Raiola, recently confirmed that “99.9% of terms had been agreed” between player and club, but Lukaku has not yet signed.

The 23-year-old still has two-and-a-half years remaining on his current contract, but Everton are thought to be keen to get him to commit long-term.

Lukaku is the Premier League’s top scorer so far this season, with 16 goals and four assists in 23 games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Would you take him. For me he always vanishes for 3 months of the season.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Would you take him. For me he always vanishes for 3 months of the season.

It's a tough one I mean when he's hot he's unplayable and he's shown that in big games as well as games against weaker sides but he's also capable of going missing. But for someone who is only 23 he has scored a lot of goals in all comps 136 in 303 games that can only be ignored for so long. Also, I don't think those stats are padded out with loads of penalties or free kicks as he doesn't take them. In a better team that creates more chances could he score even more

At some point Utd need to go big on a striker as this Zlatan plan is short term but we have Rashford/Martial so do we back one of them to become world class?

Of all the ones around at the moment he's probably the most sure thing we could get for a proven PL striker.

Not sure Utd would go this summer it seems we are going for Griezmann to play off Zlatan next season but Griezmann off Lukaku could be just as lethal in 18 months time.

I'd like to see him stay at Everton but at some point he needs to test himself in CL as he looks ready to play against the worlds best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:25 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Can't argue with his stats at all. I believe he's scored more than any other player at his age, ahead of Ronaldo etc.

He is an odd one, one minute he'll have the touch of a donkey, the next he'll make a nice run in behind a defence and a good finish.

Not sure I'd want him at United. Depends on the price I guess. Everton are now a rich club and don't need to sell so he'll cost a fortune.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
Can't argue with his stats at all. I believe he's scored more than any other player at his age, ahead of Ronaldo etc.

He is an odd one, one minute he'll have the touch of a donkey, the next he'll make a nice run in behind a defence and a good finish.

Not sure I'd want him at United. Depends on the price I guess. Everton are now a rich club and don't need to sell so he'll cost a fortune.

He's certainly not a smooth player but that side of things does seem to be improving and with better players around him would those stats improve? He's not really got much of a link up game at the moment but his finishing is pretty lethal can't say I watch Everton a lot but he doesn't seem to miss many chances when they do fall for him. You could say he's similar to Rooney all through his career he had those little spells even at his peak where he couldn't control the ball for a few weeks then all of a sudden it all clicked back into place. If Lukaku had all that in his game you can be sure he wouldn't be at Everton as someone would've paid big money for him.

If he does sign a new contract you wonder if he'll insist on some sort of release clause as part of the deal as unless Everton can force their way into top 4 there will come a point where he decides he wants to challenge for honours but even without a release clause modern football means players can force moves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next