AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Important: Ooops I have a virus and other popular disasters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:23 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Resurrection Joe wrote:
Manutd4ever wrote:
RJ missing out on a chance to edit or remove my threads..my word i must have missed that pig flying in the sky...

I would estimate the last time i did anything to any of your posts was when i merged 4 or 5 Lowkey threads into 1, which i would guess would be 2 or 3 months ago, this can be verified with a screenprint of the moderation log....

....so, if you must persist with a persecution complex, kindly ensure you're slinging mud, in the right direction

....or simply try posting in the appropriate places as an alternative (see "best boobs in the world!!!! :D " in the Serious Discussion forum) :tiphat:

i have no idea how that post ended up in the serious discussion forum...must have been bamboozeld by what i saw..anyways..where is cons..i need emergency help here lol

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
My guess as strange as it would be for Con is maybe he's sleeping

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

idontfeardeath wrote:
My guess as strange as it would be for Con is maybe he's sleeping

:nur: thats no excuse...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Manutd4Ever wrote:
RJ missing out on a chance to edit or remove my threads..my word i must have missed that pig flying in the sky... :rolleyes:

then it must be cons...

anyway back to MY problem...cons ive scanned it that many times im starting to feel like a virus myself!! lol..ran the old spybot, found a few things, got rid of them, then ran an anti-malware program - that found a few things, then ran the online scanner from Nod32 - that found some stuff and cleaned it etc, and STILL same issue :sulk:

Yes it was I who merged the thread... s'what happens when you post in the wrong place. Next to the right thread too, that was even a sticky!! :p Oh and you want to be nicer to RJ, he's got the keys to the bowl... :evil:

Having the same issue means you've not finished yet.

SpyBot and anti-malware are not what you need at this stage, they would be for after you'd done with the AV scans, and just doing NOD isn't enough - you need to run NOD until it shows totally clean after the scan, even if it says everything detected has been cleaned, you scan again 'til it says nothing at all was found. Then you try another scanner, and go again. Rinse and repeat. When the second scanner finds nothing at all you can finish off usually with just one scan from the third for confirmation, 'cause two or three scanners all showing no more infections probably means that it's now clean. Then run MalwareBytes AntiMalware if you want, and SpyBot to remove various cookies and whatnot.

If you've done it right then your PC should be back to normal.

And yes, it'll take hours depending on the size of your HDD and how full it is. There's no shortcuts. Usually, it takes maybe ½ day of scanning, maybe 5 or 6 scans overall on average depending, but considering you turned off your AV on known infected sites then there's a chance it could be completely riddled so I can't estimate how long yours will take. Sometimes a system can get sooo badly infected it's much easier and quicker to wipe it and reinstall Windows or use your recovery disk to restore it, setting the option to wipe/format the drive if possible but that's a last resort.

How many infections did the previous scans find? Just a few or loads? Was there anything that couldn't be cleaned?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

been running scan and what have ya most of the day..its like the cpu is taking a hammering..running at full power, even charging the battery is taking the p*ss. nod 32 didnt find owt, as for runing the other online scanning programs its like they crash or something, left one running for over 360mins..and thats a long time for a AV prog to be running...lasdt time i out when i ran the malware/spyware program it found around 9 threats i think..and on the AV it found like 4 trojans... :sulk:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
I'd personally turn my laptop off for a week, and see how it runs after that.

If nothing works after a week, turn your modem off for the same period of time.

Failing that, smash your laptop to bits, job done.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:52 am 
General
General

Manutd4Ever wrote:
been running scan and what have ya most of the day..its like the cpu is taking a hammering..running at full power, even charging the battery is taking the p*ss. nod 32 didnt find owt, as for runing the other online scanning programs its like they crash or something, left one running for over 360mins..and thats a long time for a AV prog to be running...lasdt time i out when i ran the malware/spyware program it found around 9 threats i think..and on the AV it found like 4 trojans... :sulk:

From the sound of it you've not gone far enough scanning wise... so it's still infected. You know the drill by now, if there's ANY left you've not done, and failing to finish puts you back to square one... and you say there's 4 trojans, each one downloading as many viruses as possible all the time you're on the net? :lol:

Spyware/malware scans don't even matter until the virus stuff is fixed btw, and it doesn't matter how long it takes... leave it going until it's clean or you might as well not bother because nothing will change at all. Of course the speed would be hammered... because it's infected! :rolleyes:

But because you were so daft with turning it off, if you can't wait and do it properly then a reformat and reinstall might be the quickest and/or ONLY option for you... hardly a surprise what with your actions. Just hope you've got everything backed up, 'cause a virus can travel to your backup media too at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:04 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

so should i turn the nett off ie disconnect from the wireless network? im running NOD again and and doing an in depth scan. if ive scanned it again and done it and its not come up with owt, is there any point in doing it again and again with the same scanner? or would it have missed it scanning first time round? i dont want to format and re-install..thats a bleeding mission! plus all the stuff ive got on here, the programs, photos, data etc.. :/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Do a system restore, if it's not been suggested already.

And start up in safe mode, and do scans while in that.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:14 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Reedo wrote:
Do a system restore, if it's not been suggested already.

And start up in safe mode, and do scans while in that.

erm thats been turned off... :ninja:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
:no:

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Resurrection Joe wrote:
:no:

:suicide:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Manutd4Ever wrote:

:thumbup:

That was gonna be my suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:21 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Serbinator wrote:
Manutd4Ever wrote:

:thumbup:

That was gonna be my suggestion.

:lol:

Some people just shouldn't be allowed near computers!!

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am 
National Hero
National Hero

This thread has enabled me to re-assess my IT knowledge levels...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

oho come on im not that bad technically esp with computers! i know what im doing to a certain extent..made a bad mistake...now im bum rushed! ran the the Trend Micro - online scan, normal scan came up with all clean, took the bleeding p*iss, now doing the in depth scan..been running for 434min...a very long time and still on 48 and scanning my downloads folder and has been doing for the past few hours..?...is it stuck or...want it to just work man. not asking for much am i.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm 
General
General

Manutd4Ever wrote:
so should i turn the nett off ie disconnect from the wireless network? im running NOD again and and doing an in depth scan. if ive scanned it again and done it and its not come up with owt, is there any point in doing it again and again with the same scanner? or would it have missed it scanning first time round? i dont want to format and re-install..thats a bleeding mission! plus all the stuff ive got on here, the programs, photos, data etc.. :/

oho come on im not that bad technically esp with computers! i know what im doing to a certain extent..made a bad mistake...now im bum rushed! ran the the Trend Micro - online scan, normal scan came up with all clean, took the bleeding p*iss, now doing the in depth scan..been running for 434min...a very long time and still on 48 and scanning my downloads folder and has been doing for the past few hours..?...is it stuck or...want it to just work man. not asking for much am i.

Bum rushed indeed! :lol: Just follow the procedure as spelled out at the beginning of this thread. How hard can it be? :rolleyes:

Depends how it goes and the nature of the infection. If you're getting problems being online eg constant virus activity of some sort, you could try it and see if they will run offline. They should ALL have been deep scans btw, the deepest with all options ticked and all exceptions unticked, or the scan will be a waste of time. You're truly wasting your time with the normal scans I'm afraid.

If a deep scan comes back totally clean, and it's found nothing at all, then move on to the next scanner. If it finds something, even if it cleans them all, scan again with the same one until it finds nothing, as it may find some more that were being masked by the ones it just removed so it's always worth another scan. When 2 or 3 scanners all find nothing, the chances are that it's fixed. Simple. :geek: You should be able to tell if you're getting there by the computer's performance and behaviour after the regular reboots you have to do after scans - don't skip the reboots, or the malware could survive.

You say a reformat and reinstall is a mission, so is lots of scans so it's swings and roundabouts, sometimes it's easier to just wipe it and start again. If you've done more than 10 deep scans and it's still finding stuff, you might want to consider it.

If there's a lot of stuff in your downloads folder it will take ages and appear stuck, but it's probably still scanning but it's just taking ages. The scan times are dependant only on the size of your drive(s) and the amount of data stored on them, so you can only really speed it up by deleting stuff you don't need from your downloads folder and drive in general.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:39 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

12hours its been running on deep scan and its still at 50% i dont know if thats normal or not but from apst experience i dont think it is...

here are some screen shots when i looked at the scrolling log...ive moved the bar along in each pic so you can read it all.

Attachments:
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg [ 173.47 KiB | Viewed 2569 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

pic 2

Attachments:
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg [ 173.35 KiB | Viewed 2566 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

pic 3

Attachments:
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg [ 171.98 KiB | Viewed 2563 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next