AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Important: Ooops I have a virus and other popular disasters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

:laugh: Well done Mr. C. Just because this was 'your' thread for a good while doesn't mean it's not a good place to ask other questions!

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
the nut's named eric wrote:
Cheers Cons. I 'apparently' have a QMH61 which is why I say unsupported as gigabyte don't even recognise it. The AIO is a GB-AEGT if I remember correctly. Not supported on that link either!

The only mention of that specific model has on the search was this thread... so I assume the model number isn't that.

Not that I've tried it, but Gigabyte have a driver download tool that supposedly will do what you need:

http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/19/download-center.html

But I'd be more interested in the correct model number (I'm assuming the other is incorrect). Try this hardware ID tool and see if it can correctly identify your mobo:

http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html

The link above is for 32bit Windows, 64bit is off the download menu link at the top of the page. Direct 32bit download link from majorgeeks: http://www.majorgeeks.com/HWiNFO32_d280.html

Just look to see if it tells you a different mobo model.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am 
General
General

Mr Carrot wrote:
flip flap gurggle flange splatter bing zang hue pew barney macgrew dung huffle cuthbert trench winnet dibble klip dang grub anil on ehad.

I assume this thread has turned into writing gibberish :snigger:

Translation: He's got a new motherboard but isn't sure which one... now he needs the stuff that normally comes with it on the CD to make it work properly. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

conscience wrote:
Cheers Cons. I 'apparently' have a QMH61 which is why I say unsupported as gigabyte don't even recognise it. The AIO is a GB-AEGT if I remember correctly. Not supported on that link either!

The only mention of that specific model has on the search was this thread... so I assume the model number isn't that.

Not that I've tried it, but Gigabyte have a driver download tool that supposedly will do what you need:

http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/19/download-center.html

But I'd be more interested in the correct model number (I'm assuming the other is incorrect). Try this hardware ID tool and see if it can correctly identify your mobo:

http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html

The link above is for 32bit Windows, 64bit is off the download menu link at the top of the page. Direct 32bit download link from majorgeeks: http://www.majorgeeks.com/HWiNFO32_d280.html

Just look to see if it tells you a different mobo model.

Right so Devices and printers tell me that I have a Gigabyte MSH61QI-SI. My Ethernet controller is playing up. I think I DL'd the Gigabyte one but will try that again.
It's a 64-bit windows system. So I'll try from Major Geeks or HW Info.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 pm 
General
General

I finally found the product page for the MSH61QI embedded motherboard, but despite it being listed in the driver downloads (under embedded mobo not mobo) the search still brings up zero results.

The GB-AEGT AIO product page is here:
Click The Link...http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4137#dl
, and there's downloads - hurrah! But only for the BIOS and manual. :wall:

So as of right now, pass. Who built the PC? EG what brand/badge? I assume it's 'white-box' status (from the website) means it'll might come re-badged and re-branded by someone else? If so, any drivers may be on their website rather than Gigabyte's own site.

You could also try uninstalling the network driver and seeing if Windows Update has anything for you, just beware being left with no network if it hasn't.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

conscience wrote:
I finally found the product page for the MSH61QI embedded motherboard, but despite it being listed in the driver downloads (under embedded mobo not mobo) the search still brings up zero results.

The GB-AEGT AIO product page is here:
Click The Link...http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4137#dl
, and there's downloads - hurrah! But only for the BIOS and manual. :wall:

So as of right now, pass. Who built the PC? EG what brand/badge? I assume it's 'white-box' status (from the website) means it'll might come re-badged and re-branded by someone else? If so, any drivers may be on their website rather than Gigabyte's own site.

You could also try uninstalling the network driver and seeing if Windows Update has anything for you, just beware being left with no network if it hasn't.

So I won it at an Intel event in Vienna that I was at with work. It is badged as Gigabyte. Intel "built" it. I have some issues with drivers and they shrug it off... :@

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:24 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I'm back in probably my least used of written on threads, YAY!

My All in One (Again). I managed to banjax the display settings so when I start in normal windows the display does not work at all.

I have tried changing settings in Safe Mode to no avail (why? I couldn't tell you). But KOTOR didn't work on my PC, it bombed off, and had made an 800x600 window in a "clone display" all by itself. I put the output to the built-in display and now the fcuker doesn't work. It was cloned to digital display and built in display.

Safe mode allows the screen to work fine. I am effectively looking to restore defaults by keyboard alone. It is difficult. For some reason once you get to display in Win7 it won't allow you to access the left of the menu without a mouse.

In short desperately need help.

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 am 
General
General

I'm back in probably my least used of written on threads, YAY!

My All in One (Again). I managed to banjax the display settings so when I start in normal windows the display does not work at all.

I have tried changing settings in Safe Mode to no avail (why? I couldn't tell you). But KOTOR didn't work on my PC, it bombed off, and had made an 800x600 window in a "clone display" all by itself. I put the output to the built-in display and now the fcuker doesn't work. It was cloned to digital display and built in display.

Safe mode allows the screen to work fine. I am effectively looking to restore defaults by keyboard alone. It is difficult. For some reason once you get to display in Win7 it won't allow you to access the left of the menu without a mouse.

In short desperately need help.

Not sure really, so I'll say that up front.

As a punt, I'd try uninstalling the graphics drivers, from safe mode if need be, then reinstalling them... and see what happens. Maybe the game tried an unsupported mode change for the display? EG too high a res. or refresh rate? You'd have to check the specs and also you could see if the game lets you back into it's settings page for a look/edit without launching it fully.

Also if the game just crashed for another reason, the graphics drivers could have become corrupt through improper shutdown, so it's worth checking imo (if you haven't already).

As for shortcuts, TAB for next, Shift+TAB for previous, SPACE to select.. then I'm all out. I'd need more info and maybe a screenshot to even guess what shortcuts might be relevant. Try using a PS2 mouse, sometimes they work when USB drivers haven't loaded with the full Windows like in DOS and old BIOS screens, that might work in safe mode never tried it.

PS is this like yours?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Cheers Con.

I sorted it in the end. It's a weird one and I shall explain.

Knights of the Old Republic output to a single display (Digital Display I believe). This was in a 600x 480 (or similar) display (Was tiny but kept bombing out, I think I need a proper Graphics card). However for whatever reason the INtel CPU needs the output to be multiple displays and I had chosen built in display (maybe the Touch needs a second screen). So repaired the system back to before I was fcuking about and it works again.

And yes, that is the exact POS I have!

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Guess who's back, back again?

Right so the system is doing somemore randomly annoying stuff. I think for sh1ts and giggles it tries to send me crazy.

For some reason my Router SSID is not always loading at startup. For example I have connected to "ROUTER" yet on occasions I can get the WiFi trying to connect to "ROUTER; ROUTER 2" or just "ROUTER 2". When this occurs I must always remove the Network from my networks list, restart the PC and pray it reconnects to "ROUTER" in most cases where the SSID is "ROUTER; ROUTER 2" I have to restart twice, as the first restart will have the WiFi connecting to "ROUTER 2".

All the time I am connected to the non recognised SSID "ROUTER" I have no access to the network outside of the router.

Firstly, any idea why the SSID is not stable?

Secondly, how would I make it such?

Lastly, do I need to be creating static IP's and the like and DNS requests etc...?

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:24 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Nice. I was going to look for this thread. My laptop suddenly likes to play music. All on it's own even with no internet browser open so was going to use the online scanners posted before.

Other than that I have nothing useful to add to this discussion. Sorry TNNE

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:35 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Bumping in the hope that Cons may have missed this in his semi-lucid state.

Devil_Spawn wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm 
General
General

Right so the system is doing somemore randomly annoying stuff. I think for sh1ts and giggles it tries to send me crazy.

For some reason my Router SSID is not always loading at startup. For example I have connected to "ROUTER" yet on occasions I can get the WiFi trying to connect to "ROUTER; ROUTER 2" or just "ROUTER 2". When this occurs I must always remove the Network from my networks list, restart the PC and pray it reconnects to "ROUTER" in most cases where the SSID is "ROUTER; ROUTER 2" I have to restart twice, as the first restart will have the WiFi connecting to "ROUTER 2".

All the time I am connected to the non recognised SSID "ROUTER" I have no access to the network outside of the router.

Firstly, any idea why the SSID is not stable?

Secondly, how would I make it such?

Lastly, do I need to be creating static IP's and the like and DNS requests etc...?

Hello again, semi lucid moment here so thought I'd best not let it pass.

Unfortunately, I've no real experience with this issue as it's not something I've come across. I like my connections full speed and wired.

But I have heard of SSID trouble with the Vista/Win7/Win8 line where is randomly craps out when it's been working previously, and from the quick search you're not the only one as MS' site has a few threads relating to SSID troubles not unlike yours.

What make/model of router is it? If you haven't already, you could check for new firmware as the maker may well have updated it to account for some Windows update or other. The MS site has a few other tips when I did a quick search, such as 64bit Windows not supporting spaces in the WPA2-PSK key (that work fine in 32bit versions), etc. but only one or two actual things to try.

May be worth a read if you haven't come across it already.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 07d4c50413

Like I said my wireless experience is limited, but I've never had to create any static IPs or anything to get the odd client machine connected.

If I can learn any more I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 pm 
General
General

idontfeardeath wrote:
Nice. I was going to look for this thread. My laptop suddenly likes to play music. All on it's own even with no internet browser open so was going to use the online scanners posted before.

Other than that I have nothing useful to add to this discussion. Sorry TNNE

Next time it happens, turn off your internet and see if it continues. If not, it's interference to the speaker system rather than PC related, could be some stray wireless reception, especially if someone is streaming music between devices etc. or there's a strong radio signal nearby.

I have personally heard a police radio out of my TV speaker before now just because they were close by parked downstairs next to a shop I had a flat above. I couldn't hear the incoming stuff but I could hear every word they said into their in-car radio. It was unusual in that they were parked on the pavement prior to a bust round the corner so they were far closer than normal to any property they might drive past, but still I didn't half jump!

And I know this sort of thing can and does affect PC speakers too. Often in user reviews on certain models there's complaints about interference and even radio station reception.

If it's not that, scan away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8