AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leeds: The Damned United
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Leeds have announced the appointment of Benito Carbone in a consultancy role dealing with technical and football operations.

The 42-year-old tweeted on Wednesday that he had been hired by owner Massimo Cellino as a "Special Consultant to the Board of Directors for sport matters inluding Facilities & Academy."

The appointment of Carbone, who played in the Premier League for Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa and Bradford, has cast fresh doubt on the future of Leeds boss Brian McDermott.

Cellino is rumoured to be keen to appoint Carbone as manager, but he is thought to be unwilling to pay McDermott's settlement fee.

A brief club statement read: "The club are delighted to announce that Benito Carbone has joined the club in a consultant position and will deal with technical and football operations.

"The former Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Bradford City, Derby County and Middlesbrough midfielder will be involved with all football matters, including both the first team and the academy."

McDermott is understood to have taken a holiday after he attended Monday's League Managers Association's awards dinner in London.

Carbone called time as a player while with Pavia in 2010 and took up a coaching role with the youth team at the Italian club.

The former Torino, Napoli and Inter Milan midfielder was sacked as head coach of Serie B club Varese after just four months in charge, and he then took the helm with lower league club Saint-Christophe Vallee d'Aoste in 2012.

But Carbone has since revealed his determination to manage a club in England, and he was linked with the vacant manager's job at Wednesday before the Owls appointed Stuart Gray in December.

Cellino announced last month that Carbone was joining the youth set-up at Leeds.

Meanwhile, Football League officials will meet with Leeds directors next week to question whether the closure of the club's Thorp Arch training complex will have any impact on their academy.

Cellino, who completed a deal to buy 75 per cent of shares in the club in April, claimed he was forced to temporarily close the training complex due to the club's perilous financial situation.

A spokesman for the Football League said it was not launching an investigation into the closure but "was meeting with the club to discuss what implications it might have on the youth development programme."

Leeds revealed a loss of £9.5 for 2012-13 when their accounts were published last month, and Cellino, who described his first weeks in charge as "unbelievable, impossible", said daily running costs were "well over £100,000".

The club is reportedly losing over £1m every month, and Cellino is believed to be planning a number of staff cuts during the off-season.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino hopes to be able to grow the club with shrewd dealings in the transfer market.

Cellino comes to England with a good record of buying players as chairman of Serie A side Cagliari, but he claims he was unable to build the Sardinian club as he was always being forced to sell once they had been developed.

He is hopeful that will not be the case at Elland Road, where the Italian has the ultimate aim of making it to the Premier League.

"I came here with a big dream, to find if I am good at running a club," Cellino told Sky Sports.

"I ran Cagliari for 23 years but it is a small club and they didn't let me grow.

"I spent the last 23 years buying beautiful players for £1m. I saw them grow and then they have to leave. Every time you have to start again because the club doesn't grow like the players.

"If I can do the same thing here at Leeds, the club can grow like the player, so we don't have to sell - we can keep them."

Cellino appears to be on the verge of selling his interest in Cagliari with two sets of investors interested, including one group from the United States.

But the money he receives for the sale will not necessarily all go into his new venture, as Cellino told the Yorkshire Evening Post on Monday: "It won't make Leeds easier. It just means that in my mind I have only Leeds to think about. I can deal only with the problems I have here. That would be good.

"If I had £1bn, if I was the richest man in the world, I would do exactly the same with Leeds as I'm doing now. This club has to stop wasting money and stop looking for money from other people.

"It needs to pay for itself, not be paid for by Massimo Cellino or people with oil or Russian businessmen. Cagliari makes no difference to what I'm doing now or in the future."

Having some stability might be a good thing for Leeds rather than pumping more and more money in to cover the losses which just makes things worse this guy is actually looking to cut the problems at the source and drive down the bloated operating costs which will probably mean a lot of non playing staff lose jobs.

The PL is obviously where Leeds fans want to be but the reality is this guy should make sure that Leeds still exists in 20 years time it's a miracle that club has managed to survive what it's been through since they dared to live the dream.

The problem they will face is that the Championship is a very tough league to get out of because there isn't much difference in terms of quality between the top sides and the bottom sides it's all about momentum if you get on a good run you can go from relegation to playoffs in a few months get on a bad run and it's almost the reverse.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ex-Leeds United managing director David Haigh has been arrested in Dubai after the former owners of the club accused him of alleged financial irregularities.

GFH, a Dubai-based private equity group, claims the alleged wrongdoing is directly connected to their ownership and subsequent sale of Leeds.

Haigh, 36, was employed by GFH in December 2012 but resigned as an employee earlier this year.

He strenuously denies the allegations.

However he was arrested shortly after landing in Dubai and has spent the past three nights in custody on the strength of the allegations.

A close friend of Haigh's told the BBC: "David has done absolutely nothing wrong or illegal. He is appalled to find himself in this position.

"However, as someone who knows Dubai well and respects its institutions he is confident that the authorities will see these allegations for what they really are and clear him from any wrongdoing."

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of the arrest of a British National in Dubai on 18 May 2014. We are providing consular assistance."

GFH sold the club to Italian businessman Massimo Cellino in April.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Brian McDermott has left Leeds United by mutual consent, the Championship club have announced. A statement published on the club’s website on Friday night confirmed the departure of the manager.

McDermott’s future at Elland Road had looked increasingly uncertain after Massimo Cellino’s takeover earlier this year. In a statement Cellino said: “Brian is a great manager and a great guy. He has been unfortunate to work in such difficult circumstances.

“I did not fully understand the mess he had to work in and the broken promises he had to deal with until I have got involved trying to turn Leeds around. He has been a gentleman to deal with in our discussions and has been very understanding of my wish to implement a new structure. His main concern and priority at all times has been the welfare and protection of Leeds United.

“I wish him well for the future where I am sure he will continue to have more success and thank him for his efforts in being a stabilising and unifying figure behind the scenes in very difficult circumstances.

“His honest efforts to guide us to the safety of mid-table when faced with many difficulties is appreciated by us all. He will always be a friend of Leeds United.”

In the same statement McDermott said: “It has been my great privilege to manage this great club and I have enjoyed the challenge immensely. However, it is clear that Massimo wishes to implement a new structure and feels he will work more successfully for Leeds with a coach rather than a manager.

“I respect that Massimo must be fully supported in putting together his vision for the club so he can bring us the success we all want. It is my belief that when truly United we are stronger.

“Massimo wants to bring a new energy to the club so that we can return to where we belong as a healthy football club.

“To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager, Nigel Gibbs, and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support.

“Finally to the incredible force that is the Leeds United supporters, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Your support of me and the players was always an inspiration and I urge everyone to get behind the team and the new owner next season to get us back to where we need to be, fighting for trophies and competing at the top table of English and European football.”

McDermott, who was appointed in April last year, leaves Leeds after a difficult 2013-14 season in which they finished 15th in the Championship.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino was impressed by the players' "fantastic professionalism" following his one-on-one meetings with each first-team squad member at Elland Road.

The Italian had ordered all the players and coaching staff to return from their summer breaks by letter last month and spoke to each of them individually on Monday.

The players, some of whom had to cancel or cut short their summer holidays, have been told to report back for pre-season training on June 26.

"I met all the players on Monday and they showed me that they wanted to stay at the club," the 57-year-old told the club's official website.

"They work for the club, not Massimo Cellino. They showed me respect and have a fantastic professionalism towards the club.

"We have a better team than we first thought. All the players are hungry to be involved in this new project at Leeds United."

Benito Carbone, appointed by Cellino as a consultant responsible for "technical and football operations" last month was also delighted with the players' response.

"Fantastic meeting with players today," the former Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday midfielder said on his Twitter account.

"They are all beautiful person, else should how much they love Leeds .. Well done. good start.."

The club has confirmed the players' pre-season schedule will begin on June 26 in Santa Cristina, Val Gardena in Italy.

Meanwhile, Cellino will now focus his attention on his search for a new coach following the departure of Brian McDermott by mutual consent on Friday night.

Former Chelsea midfielder and Watford manager Gianfranco Zola, ex-Middlesbrough defender Gianluca Festa and surprise candidate Dave Hockaday, who quit as Forest Green Rovers boss last October, have all been linked to the job.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Leeds United manager Gary McAllister is one of three British candidates set to be interviewed for the head coach's vacancy at the club.

BBC Radio Leeds has learned that the 49-year-old will meet with owner Massimo Cellino on Saturday.

The Elland Road side parted company with manager Brian McDermott on 30 May after just over a year.

It is known that Cellino is keen to hire a head coach to work under a director of football.

McAllister, who helped Leeds to the First Division title in 1992 as a player, spent 11 months as manager at the club in 2008.

After being appointed in the January of that year, he led the club to the League One play-off final but they were beaten by Doncaster and following an inconsistent start to the following season, that included being knocked out of the FA Cup by non-league Histon, he was sacked in December.

He was briefly assistant to former Leeds team-mate Gordon Strachan at Middlesbrough before moving on to take the same position at Aston Villa in September 2010.

Gerard Houllier's ill health meant the former Scotland captain ended that season in caretaker charge at the Premier League side but he moved on when the Frenchman left Villa Park in June 2011.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Leeds United have appointed former Forest Green boss David Hockaday as their new head coach on a two-year deal.

Hockaday, who spent four years with Rovers, left last October after the club lost seven of their opening eight matches of the season.

As a player, the former right-back featured in over 600 games for Blackpool, Swindon, Hull, Stoke and Shrewsbury.

He joined Watford as Under-18 coach in 2000 and helped develop a number of young players including Ashley Young before his big-money move to Manchester United.

The 56-year-old, who replaces former Elland Road boss Brian McDermott, left Vicarage Road to take up coaching roles at Leicester, Southampton and Cheltenham before he was given his first managerial appointment at Conference side Forest Green Rovers in 2009.

Hockaday will work alongside the club's director of football Benito Carbone, who was appointed as a consultant responsible for "technical and football operations" on May 15.

A Leeds statement said: "Leeds United are pleased to announce that David Hockaday has been appointed to the position of head coach.

"The 56-year-old has signed a two-year contract and will assume overall responsibility for the coaching staff and first-team playing squad with immediate effect.

"David arrives at Elland Road with a vast amount of coaching experience and was integral to the management team at Watford that gained promotion to the Premier League in 2006."

The statement added: "Leeds United's new head coach will be joined by former Leicester City midfielder Junior Lewis."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
It's all looking up for Leeds, good new owner by the sounds of it, they are lucky to have him. I'm not their biggest fan but they deserve to survive and it's about time they had a non-dodgy owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Professional Footballers' Association is investigating claims Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino ordered his head coach not to select Paddy Kenny because of his birth date.

Reports claim the Italian has made the move because he considers the goalkeeper to be bad luck because he was born on 17 May.

Leeds and ex-QPR man Kenny have declined to comment on the allegations.

Cellino, who took over in April, dislikes the number 17.

Quote:
Born on the 17th
Other players who would fall foul of Massimo Cellino's unusual policy

Carlos Alberto (July 1944)
Jaap Stam (July 1972)
Alvaro Recoba (March 1976)
Thierry Henry (August 1977)
Edin Dzeko (March 1986)
Shinji Kagawa (March 1989)

He had seats at former club Cagliari taken out and replaced with 16B.

He is also unhappy with Kenny's fitness and the player has not been taken on their pre-season trip to Italy.

On Thursday, Leeds signed former Reading goalkeeper Stuart Taylor.

Since Cellino's takeover they have embarked upon a cost-cutting exercise that has seen the canteen at their training ground closed down.

Players have been forced to bring packed lunches and order in sandwiches.

Nothing to do with him turning up for pre season with a physique that would make him to fat to be a sunday league keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Kenny is a fupping disgrace, the sooner he falls to his true level the better!

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Massimo Cellino, the Leeds United owner, has said that an offer to repurchase Elland Road has been made using money raised from the sale of Ross McCormack and other funds.

Leeds sold their stadium in 2004 for £8m during the club’s financial crisis and the Italian entrepreneur vowed in February, before his takeover had been confirmed, to buy it back immediately. The former Cagliari owner has not yet fulfilled that promise and has since claimed that he wants to secure a deal by November.

The ground is owned by the businessman Jacob Adler but the club have the option to buy back Elland Road for a set fee by 2029, when their 25-year lease ends.

McCormack was signed by Leeds’s fellow Championship club Fulham for £11m in July, providing a large chunk of the £16m fee Cellino believes is required to repurchase the stadium.

“The money from McCormack cannot be wasted,” Cellino said. “We sent a letter yesterday. My accountant sent a letter because we want our stadium back. I hope it will be done soon. Before November 100%, because in November the rent will be raised.

“We have to pay. I have to buy the stadium, then I have to fix a lot of other things. It’s our house and our home, we don’t want to be guests in our home. I knew that to buy the stadium back we needed £16m.

“I want the stadium, we need to concentrate our energy on the club. It’s not agreed, we have the option to buy it and, if we try after November, it will cost more.”

The deeds to Elland Road are owned by Teak Commercial Limited, a firm based in the British Virgin Islands, and neither of the past two Leeds owners – Gulf Finance House or Ken Bates – repurchased the ground. Leeds are paying £1.4m in annual rent at the stadium but that sum rises by a small percentage every year.

Leeds kick off their Championship campaign against Millwall on Saturday, their first season under new manager David Hockaday, whose appointment was met with disillusionment by the majority of supporters in June.

Benito Carbone has recently left his position of development coach at the club because of “family reasons”.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hockaday sacked

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Surprised he lasted that long.

Was a very strange appointment in the first place

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Leeds, Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler has applied for the vacant manager's job at Elland Road, according to Sky sources.

Fowler, 39, made his name at Liverpool, scoring 183 goals in 369 appearances before Leeds paid £12million for his services in 2001.

Injury problems hampered the remainder of his career as he spent three years at Manchester City, briefly returned to Anfield and played sporadically for Cardiff and Blackburn before leaving England for Australia in 2009.

Successful spells with North Queensland Fury and Perth Glory preceded a 2011 switch to Muangthong United in Thailand, where he soon graduated to a player-coach role in the wake of Henrique Castilo's sacking.

Fowler returned to England and, having failed to agree terms on a playing contract at Blackpool in 2012, was interviewed for the Macclesfield Town job in May 2013 before the club opted to keep faith with caretaker boss John Askey.

Elland Road giants Leeds have been on the lookout for a new manager since chairman Massimo Cellino opted to sack David Hockaday last week.

Neil Redfearn and Steve Clarke are currently favourites in Sky Bet's next Leeds manager odds, with Fowler considered a 10/1 chance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has confirmed that Darko Milanic will be formally announced as the club's new head coach on Wednesday.

The 46-year-old Slovenian quit as head coach of Austrian side Sturm Graz on Sunday and he took training with the Leeds squad on Tuesday morning ahead of signing a two-year contract.

Cellino sacked Dave Hockaday and assistant Junior Lewis on August 28 after only six games in charge, and held initial talks with Milanic eight days ago as Neil Redfearn acted as caretaker boss.

The Italian told Sky Sports News HQ: "Yes, we agreed a two-year deal. He's just arrived today. We've been waiting for him about 15 days.

"I don't know (why I've chosen him). The coaches are like watermelons. You find out about them when you open them.

"His particular qualities? He's good looking, what can I tell you?

"He was a very good counter-attacking defender with Partizan Belgrade and Sturm Graz, and a good coach with Maribor for four years and took the club to the Champions League and Europa League, and he made it good as player and coach and he likes the Premier League.

"He gave up his place in the Premier League in Austria to come to the Championship with Leeds, and we hope that the club in Leeds is a good chance for him to have a good team and an important club to run, so he can make us proud.

"He does not talk much and is very pragmatic. I like him. He is a very cool guy."

Sturm Graz announced on Sunday that Milanic had left his post after activating a buy-out clause in his three-year contract.

Serbian Novica Nikcevic, Milanic's assistant at Sturm Graz, is expected to join him at Elland Road.

Milanic, a former Sturm Graz player, captained Slovenia at Euro 2000 and after turning to management guided Maribor to four Slovenian league titles and three Slovenian Cup wins.

He joined Sturm Graz as head coach in June 2013, steering the club to a fifth-place finish in 2013-14.

Redfearn is expected to be closely consulted by Milanic on first-team team matters during the early weeks before resuming his successful tenure as academy chief.

Manager 2 of ??? this season for Leeds

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
According to an Italian court document, in June 2012 Massimo Cellino sailed into Cagliari harbour, the captain of an elegant white yacht adorned with the stars and stripes of an American flag. Sardinian revenue officers on sea patrol for the Guardia di Finanza were curious and undertook a routine check of the vessel, a check which has, remarkably, become entwined with the future of Leeds United.

Cellino was found guilty of evading almost €390,000 (£305,000) of import tax duty on the boat earlier this year, a first-grade conviction in Italy that he is appealing. Now, however, an Italian judge has ruled that this was a “Machiavellian simulation” which could have serious ramifications for the Championship club, who have recently been heading into calmer waters themselves despite a wretchedly turbulent year.

The Football League, which initially blocked Cellino’s takeover earlier this year, must decide whether judge Sandra Lepore’s written reasons for the guilty verdict are sufficient to deem that the maverick Italian acted “dishonestly”. If so, the League could decide to ban the 58-year-old from ownership of Leeds under its owners’ and directors’ test.

The key moment in this unlikely saga came in April, on an afternoon when Leeds lost 1-0 at Wigan Athletic last season. Tim Kerr, an independent QC, overturned the League’s decision to block Cellino from buying Leeds, citing insufficient evidence to prove dishonesty until the full judgment from Sardinia had been released.

It sparked celebration among the majority of supporters and opened the door for Cellino to purchase a 75% share in Leeds through his company Eleonora Sport, with the previous owners Gulf Finance House – a Bahrain-based investment bank – remaining as minority shareholders.

Since then he has been heavily involved in all matters at Leeds from the hiring and firing of his unlikely first head coach, David Hockaday, to the signing of 15 players in the summer transfer window and appointment this week of the Slovenian Darko Milanic.

He has become embedded in a club that without his intervention was sailing into oblivion. Under GFH Leeds were haemorrhaging around £1m a month but since his £35m takeover Cellino has brought financial stability, galvanised support and also promised to buy Elland Road back from private hands, although a significant number of staff have lost their jobs at United.

A key figure pulling the strings at United then, David Haigh, has been in a Dubai jail since May accused of serious financial wrongdoing by GFH. He denies the allegations, and reiterated his innocence on Wednesday.

However, while it may seem perplexing that an investment bank with no history in football was allowed to take over an English club while Cellino – an experienced football man who has brought relative stability – was not, the Football League rules are black and white. The League argues that such issues cannot be subjective. Its regulations state that owners and directors can be disqualified if “they have unspent convictions for offences of dishonesty”, rendering Cellino’s current position under renewed threat.

His previous conviction for false accounting at Cagliari in 2001, for which he received a suspended 15-month prison sentence, is considered spent in the British legal system but the case of the Nélie – and two other pending charges on a Land Rover and a separate yacht – could have a key influence over his continued ownership of Leeds.

The League’s fit and proper persons rules, in place to protect clubs, prohibit individuals with unspent convictions for dishonesty offences from being directors, 30% owners or from exercising control.

However, sources close to Cellino have indicated that even if the League should rule against him regarding the Nélie, his position at Leeds will not be relinquished without a fight. It could become another protracted and messy affair similar to the one which dragged on earlier in the year when Cellino first attempted to buy the West Yorkshire club, thinking he had completed the deal on a bizarre night in the club’s history as fans descended on Elland Road to voice their protest, only to be told later the transaction had not been not ratified.

A possible battle in the high court could ensue and potentially another saga that is likely to do no good whatsoever for the club, who this season are rebuilding on the road to a potential first return to the Premier League since 2004.

Judge Sandra Lepore’s written findings in the yacht case – revealed by the Guardian – certainly do not do Cellino any favours, even if his lawyer in Italy, Giovanni Cocco, has dismissed them as “full to the brim of errors”.

Cocco added: “It does not take into account what emerged in the trial: that is to say, that nothing implicates Cellino. I have already … lodged an appeal and have also completely demolished the [judge’s] reasoning.”

The standard check on the Nélie by finance officers on patrol in 2012 turned out to be anything but routine, as Lepore ruled that not only was the yacht registered to a Miami-based company and yet “in the exclusive use … of an Italian citizen, resident in Cagliari”, but that citizen, Cellino, the then owner of Cagliari football club, was “discovered onboard during the check, acting in the capacity of captain”.

Subsequent research revealed that import duty on the yacht had not been paid. The total fine was fixed by the police at €388,500 – a figure Lepore says was calculated according to the estimated worth of the vessel.

Following the first-grade conviction in March, Cellino was ordered to pay a €600,000 fine. He is appealing that decision and a final judgment is some way off, although prosecutors in the case are also appealing on the grounds that the fine was too lenient. The complexities of the Italian legal system ensure that case may not reach a resolution for a significant time.

It is a strange quirk of modern football that unpaid import tax on a yacht in Sardinia two years ago could have such a bearing on the future of a major English club. Yet this is merely another twist in the frenetic recent history of Leeds United.

Since his arrival in England Cellino has undoubtedly lived up to his reputation as a maverick individual. From colourful language to bizarre superstitions and unexpected decisions, the anecdotes are myriad. But, although he has gone a long way to sorting out a grand mess at Leeds, Cellino has yet to emerge from another mess in Italy. The future, once again for Leeds, remains fraught with uncertainty.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Milanic sacked

Owner says he made a mistake with his appointment

Redfearn back in charge of the first team from Monday

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The club that keeps on giving

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:55 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
Quote:
Leeds United have been served with a winding-up petition by law firm Ford & Warren Solicitors over unpaid fees.
The fees, which date back to when former Chelsea chairman Ken Bates, 82, owned the Championship club, amount to about £150,000.
The petition is set to be heard at Leeds Combined Court on 13 January.
Bates sold Leeds to GFH Capital in December 2012 before Italian businessman Massimo Cellino bought a majority share in April 2014.
Nick Collins, senior partner at Ford & Warren, told BBC Radio Leeds: "This is not a dispute with Mr Cellino. This is something he has inherited from the previous ownership of the club.
"We bear no ill-will towards Mr Cellino and we wish him well. I genuinely hope we can resolve this amicably but we must do what is necessary to protect our clients' position."
The Elland Road side are currently 17th in the Championship, with no wins in their last eight matches.

What a bloody circus. As the only club in a city of Leeds size, the club should be a powerhouse. Money money money, it's so funny...etc, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:19 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just shows how far they chased that dream they were trying to compete with Utd and gambled everything it was reckless and when they lost they lost everything.

Bates is a snake as well only looking out for himself as always the fans should've found a way of buying him out but they didn't do it.

They should be a PL side but the reality is unless you've got owners with bottomless pockets you can't compete at the top anymore unless you are Utd/Liverpool or Arsenal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next