AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Championship: Race For The Prem
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Young Wilf is only 20, isn't he? He's bound to show bits of greed / over-enthusiasm. Danny Welbeck will throw an arm around him and shadow him for a while. :wink:

As for Kevin Phillips, a great professional and I too am so pleased for the guy.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

As long as Danny doesn't try to show him how to shoot that'll be fine Willie :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Rotherham United have been deducted three points and fined £30,000 by a Football Disciplinary Commission for fielding an ineligible player.

The Millers played Derby defender Farrend Rawson in the 1-0 win over Brighton on 6 April, a day after the 18-year-old's youth loan had expired.

Losing the three points means Rotherham are now one point above the Championship relegation zone.

The club have said they intend to appeal before the 1 May deadline.

In a statement, Rotherham said they were "very disappointed" by the decision.

"We await the reasoned judgement of the FDC and once we have received it we will issue our appeal after discussion with Jim Sturman QC," it said.

"In the meantime we are confident that our team possesses the will and spirit to ensure that the points deduction is academic by securing our Championship status on the pitch.

"It would not be appropriate to make any further comment on this matter until after the appeal process has been concluded."

Half of Rotherham's fine has been suspended until the end of next season, and the club must also pay the costs of the hearing.

The ruling boosts Millwall's and Wigan's hopes of avoiding the drop, although Steve Evans's side have three games left to play compared to the other clubs' two.

Rotherham are at home to Norwich on Saturday and Reading on Tuesday, before a trip to Leeds on the final day of the campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Bournemouth in EPL ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Fair play to them they've spent a lot of money to get there and are backed by wealthy owners but they play football have a young English manager with plenty of young English players who will hopefully now get a chance to play in the PL

Good to see a new team come up and for PL fans it'll be a great away day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah gutted about all this. They're a good side, their manager is a huge c*nt though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
It's not confirmed yet. Charlton are promising a 19-0 win on Twitter!

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

We're willing to accept 1-0 and we'll just smash 19 past Brighton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
borocooper wrote:
Yeah gutted about all this. They're a good side, their manager is a huge c*nt though.

Wat??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

What?

He really is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I can't say I follow him to closely but that totally goes against the media portrayal of him from all angles.

Why don't you like him BC?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Whinges like a bitch when things don't go his way.

Endorses his players diving.

Says things like "Yeah there was no contact. But he didn't dive". Which is always nonsense.

His team have had something like 16/17 penalties this season and he claimed there was a conspiracy against his team stopping them getting penalties.

And his face.

But he's young and English (and from the south too), and he does get them playing good stuff. Arguably the best stuff in the league.. So he'll most likely get a pass from the media.

Not doubting how good a manager he's been so far, I just don't like him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Isn't he a City fan? That's reason enough in my book!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
borocooper wrote:
Whinges like a bitch when things don't go his way.

Endorses his players diving.

Says things like "Yeah there was no contact. But he didn't dive". Which is always nonsense.

His team have had something like 16/17 penalties this season and he claimed there was a conspiracy against his team stopping them getting penalties.

And his face.

But he's young and English (and from the south too), and he does get them playing good stuff. Arguably the best stuff in the league.. So he'll most likely get a pass from the media.

Not doubting how good a manager he's been so far, I just don't like him.

So basically he's no worse than all the other managers out there!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nah he is.

I'm not getting the Mourinho comparisons either, aside from his father off field comments being inflammatory at times..his football isn't much like Mourinho from what I've seen. Much more open I'd say. We've been closer to a mini Chelsea this season, we just haven't had the firepower. But we've ground out loads of tight wins. Very good at the back when all fit, midfielders dig in all game (apart from Tomlin) and the strikers work hard too (apart from Kike).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah but haven't you had a few lads on loan from Chelsea and Karanka was Mourinho assistant at Madrid so it's not really that surprising.

I think the media have just jumped on it because finally a young English manager seems to have got a bit of success so they're talking about that but not really digging in to some of the other stuff.

Last season he was given a fair bit of credit for laying the foundations at Burnley which Dyche built on top of and his Bournemouth side are good to watch and the whole club seem to be pulling together.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Millwall and Wigan have been relegated to League One after Rotherham's 2-1 win over Reading kept them in the Championship.

Matt Derbyshire put the Millers in front on 52 minutes and Lee Frecklington doubled their advantage six minutes later.

Oliver Norwood pulled a goal back for Reading with three minutes left to play to ensure a nervous finish to the game.

But Rotherham held on for a 2-1 victory which means the gap between themselves and the relegation places is now four points with just a single game left to play.

Millwall have been a Championship club since winning the League One play-offs in 2010 while Wigan return to the third tier for the first time since 2003 having been relegated from the Premier League in 2012-13, the same season they won the FA Cup for the first time.

Wigan chairman David Sharpe told the club's website: “It’s a sad day for everyone associated with Wigan Athletic but we will bounce back, I want that to be the main message to our fans tonight.

“Our only target next season is promotion, nothing else will suffice and the job of rebuilding the club is already well under way under Gary Caldwell and his staff.

“Football is full of examples of clubs who have come back stronger after relegation and I want us to be the latest one of those. We have an amazing opportunity to start afresh and begin an exciting new era for the club."

Says a lot when Steve Evans is the least offensive option for teams staying up out of that battle no one likes Milwall & Wigan have disgraced themselves this season with the whole Mackay/Whelan thing which has meant no one will be sad to see them go down another division they could easily go in to free fall if Whelan isn't pumping the cash in anymore. I don't think it'll go to Pompey levels because he's not that sort of owner but they'll just regress back to their natural level which is League One/Two

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Brentford in the playoffs it is. Derby absolutely fell apart today...been in the top 6 since end of September and lost out on the final day...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Looking at the table I'll cheer on 'boro in the playoffs BC.

Don't want Brentford to come up because the BS with their manager is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Looking at the table I'll cheer on 'boro in the playoffs BC.

Don't want Brentford to come up because the BS with their manager is ridiculous.

Why? The owners wants to try something different and the managers doesn't want to do it so they've agreed to parts ways. If the club get promoted I think we might see a U-turn anyway

If it wasn't for an owner like him would the current manager have had much of a chance anyway?

Wouldn't mind seeing Norwich or Ipswich come up different club from different part of the country prem has enough London clubs.

Bet Newcastle fans would hate seeing Boro go up if they went down as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next