AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not The Bluebirds The Red Dragons
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ole confirmed as manager

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
6 months to prove himself for the united job that will be available come July :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:07 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

a poisoned chalice if you ask me especially with that clown at the helm...should have taken the Villa job when he had the chance...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Villa a club where you get no money vs a club where you will get money.

Ole isn't stupid and i guess he felt the time was right to take the plunge.

Tan is a difficult owner but who these days isn't perform on the pitch, get some results and hopefully get a bigger job.

Will be interesting to see how he does.

As for all this prepping to take over at Utd we've got 12 months minimum left of Moyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

If he misses top 4 and keeps his job it will be a travesty.

That is a minimum for united, as soon as you start missing CL the players wont come and we'll be like Liverpool after their success.

For me he needs to go now as he isn't going to make it. Hands up we got it wrong. Terrible football to boot.

I cant wait to see how Ole gets Cardiff playing, if he does well, dump Moyes get him and tap into that Scandanavian market.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Not really a discussion for the Cardiff thread but tapping into the Scandinavian market would be a bit small time for Utd unless by Scandinavian you mean but Zlatan.

Will be interesting to see if he tries to sign any of his old players from Molde you would expect him to look at investing in young players and possibly exploit the loan market

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Eikrem? Be nice to see if he can do it over here.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They also have Mats Daehli who has done well since moving back to Norway apparently we have a first refusal clause on him.

Will be interesting to see how he gets them playing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

JSP wrote:
They also have Mats Daehli who has done well since moving back to Norway apparently we have a first refusal clause on him.

Will be interesting to see how he gets them playing

Ole wants him at Cardiff by all accounts, well one account at least

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Vincent Tans demands

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:34 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
New Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks set to make two fellow Norwegians his first signings in South Wales.

Molde and Heerenveen have confirmed that they are in talks with Cardiff over their respective midfielders Mats Moller Daehli and Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Solskjaer has worked with both players before at Molde and also Manchester United, where they were youth players.

Eikrem left United in 2011 to return to his homeland and was then sold to Dutch outfit Heerenveen in June. Daehli, 18, made the switch from United to Molde in July and is regarded as one of Norway's best young players, having been compared to Adnan Januzaj.

Molde director Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen told Romsdals Budstikka: "We are talking to Cardiff about Mats.

"Talks are going well. Mats is going to talk to the club. I think this will be done in a few days."

Heerenveen also confirmed talks for Eikrem but stated a deal was not yet completed.

"That's ahead of the business," technical director Hans Vonk told De Telegraaf when asked if a deal was done.

"There will be a final offer from Cardiff."

Heerenveen boss Marco van Basten is resigned to losing the 23-year-old and told Leeuwarder Courant: "It's too bad he's leaving because he has been important in the last period of the first half of the season for us."

These two always looked decent in youth team matches for Utd not really a surprise that Ole is bringing in two lads who he knows from Utd who also happen to be represented by his agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cardiff City have completed the signing of Magnus Wolff Eikrem from Heerenveen for an undisclosed fee.

Eikrem was at St James' Park to watch Cardiff's 2-1 FA Cup win over Newcastle last weekend and is a former Manchester United youth player, working under Bluebirds manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during his time at Old Trafford.

The Norway international midfielder also played for Solskjaer at Molde before moving to Heerenveen in Holland last summer.

Solskjaer said: "I've known Magnus for many years, having worked with him at Manchester United and then signing him for Molde.

"While I was there I had to sell him as he was our best player - and now I feel lucky to get to sign him again for Cardiff City for a reasonable price. I see this as money well spent.

"He's a playmaker, a quarterback if you will, someone who likes to get on the ball and can see a pass.

"He's technically very good, including set pieces and has great vision. Magnus will add a lot to Cardiff City and will blend in very well with the midfielders in the squad."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan is considering legal action against sacked manager Malky Mackay.

It all comes because of the signing of striker Andreas Cornelius in a club record £7.6 million deal from Copenhagen.

Tan is furious that their bid to land the 20-year-old could cost the club over £20 million with adds on including a £1.5 million signing on fee and a five-year contract worth £11.7 million.

Cornelius has yet to score in seven outings for Cardiff in the Premier League.

The striker has yet to start a match for the Welsh side, leading to him being labelled as a flop by many fans and the media.

The Mirror claims Tan remains unhappy with Mackay, who has yet to receive his compensation package from the controversial Malaysian owner.

Since then, Cardiff have installed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager.

"Mackay was instructed to go out and buy a Bentley," a source close to Tan apparently told the Mirror.

"He got the funds to get some top quality international players, but Mr Tan feels Mackay bought a Toyota instead."

Tan is also said to be unhappy with the £10 million fee paid to Sevilla for Gary Medel, a figure that could rise to £15 million based on appearances.

I think Tan has been painted as a bit of a clown probably because he stands around in a club shirt tucked into his suit trouser over a jumper but I think Mackay played the media perfectly all these stories being leaked to the press were obviously coming from somewhere as they were to ridiculous for even the press to make up without risking being sued by Tan for libel.

Really it comes down to who signed the cheques and was put in charge of that budget if they've gone over budget then the person who has overall control of that budget within the club on the board needs to be taking the blame and that might explain why Moody was sacked because he spent money that wasn't his to spend. By all accounts that lad they put in just before moody was sacked was there to go through the deals and confirm exactly what the potential expenditure would be because Tan wasn't happy at signing off additional money.

For me Mackay used Cardiff as a stepping stone got himself into the Prem with an owner that is obviously tough to work with and is a bit eccentric he's made out like he didn't deserve the sack (even though Cardiff sit near the bottom of the league having spent quite a lot of money 4th highest net spend in the league) so he'll walk into another Premiership job he is now on the merry go round.

Now Mackay did a good job getting them up and I think he has potential to be a good manager but I think the way Tan is portrayed may have been a little bit unfair but the only way that changes is by him telling his side of the story but I'm guessing Mackay's severance package will include confidentiality clauses.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is remaining coy on his interest in signing Manchester United duo Wilfried Zaha and Fabio.

Solskjaer hopes to add at least another couple of players to his Cardiff squad this month, but is keen to stress he is not trying to follow a Manchester United template.

The 40-year-old has already been active in the January transfer window, bringing in midfielders Magnus Wolff Eikrem and Mats Moller Daehli from Heerenveen and former club Molde respectively.

The Bluebirds have also approached Hannover over the acquisition of striker Mame Biram Diouf.

Solskjaer has been reticent when it comes to putting names to his transfer targets, but admits he hopes there will be more new arrivals.

"I can't say anything on them (Zaha and Fabio) because they are players from Manchester United and I can't comment on players from other teams," said Solskjaer. "I am looking at strengthening my squad, but I can't say names.

"It is not about the number. I will work with the players I have here but if the right one comes up then I will do business like I have with Magnus and Mats."

But Solskjaer is adamant he is not simply looking to create an alternative Manchester United squad in south Wales.

"No, I'm creating a new Cardiff," he said.

"We need our own identity, it's not about emulating or copying anyone else, we want to play football.

"I want to develop Cardiff into a team everyone can be proud of of the way they play football. That we can dominate games like we have done at home this season a few times.

"It's not about copying anyone else, but obviously I want players I can trust and can play the way I want to."

Not the greatest of starts in the League for Ole losing at home to West Ham isn't what he needed but it sends the right message that he's not just asking for more and more players to solve the problem obviously if he can get the right sort of player he will ask the club to get them but he is prepared to work with what he has.

The bottom half of the table is very tight and highly competitive as all the teams are taking points off each other which is great for the league as hopefully you wont have many teams who have nothing to play for come the start of April.

He needs to be a little careful about bringing in to many ex Utd players or more importantly to many players that also share the same agent as him as Diouf has the same agent as Eikrem, Daehli & Solskjaer. In terms of the loans from Utd Fabio might be more likely as he knows him from his time at the club the Zaha one would be a bit more left field as I think Utd really want him to stay living in Manchester so he can settle and Cardiff is way to far to commute on a daily basis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United boss David Moyes looks set to allow both Fábio and Wilfried Zaha to join Cardiff City in the coming days, as he begins the process of reshaping his squad following the arrival of Juan Mata from Chelsea for a club record fee.

Brazilian defender Fábio, who has made just one Premier League appearance this season and was sent off in the FA Cup defeat to Swansea, will join Cardiff on a permanent deal following completion of a medical. Zaha, who has found first team opportunities limited since arriving from Crystal Palace in the summer, looks likely to join the Bluebirds on loan until the end of the season.

Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Fábio is likely to become a Cardiff player by the end of Sunday, and has also revealed that the club hope to bring in Kenwyne Jones. The Stoke City striker looks set to move to South Wales in a straight swap, with Peter Odemwingie heading in the other direction.

Zaha, who arrived at Old Trafford this summer after agreeing a £10m move in January 2013, has made just two Premier League appearances in a troubled start to his United career. The winger, who has been capped twice by England, has been pictured undergoing a medical at Cardiff's training ground ahead of the move.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Signed Kenwyne Jones from Stoke with Peter Odenwinge going the other way.

A Swap deal actually happened!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

JSP wrote:
Signed Kenwyne Jones from Stoke with Peter Odenwinge going the other way.

A Swap deal actually happened!

And it's a straight swap as well. None of this player + cash nonsense.

This has to be the biggest player swap in footballing history. The only one that comes close is Eto'o and Ibrahimovic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reports are that after tonights game they'll announce the signing of Fabio on a permanent basis and also the loan of Zaha until the end of the season.

That's a fair amount of business for a club the size of Cardiff to do in 1 window especially when they also got a couple of guys in under Mackay.

Not 100% sure if the Fabio deal is permanent but I don't think you can loan 2 players to the same club and it's being widely reported in the press which suggests one of them is a permanent deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

JSP wrote:
Reports are that after tonights game they'll announce the signing of Fabio on a permanent basis and also the loan of Zaha until the end of the season.

That's a fair amount of business for a club the size of Cardiff to do in 1 window especially when they also got a couple of guys in under Mackay.

Not 100% sure if the Fabio deal is permanent but I don't think you can loan 2 players to the same club and it's being widely reported in the press which suggests one of them is a permanent deal.

I would imagine the Fabio deal has a token buy back clause if United are considering taking him back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopes midweek conquerors Manchester United will agree to loan Wilfried Zaha to Cardiff City.

Former Old Trafford favourite Solskjaer was back in familiar territory on Tuesday as he saw his rock-bottom Bluebirds slip to a 2-0 Premier League defeat at the hands of the reigning champions.

Finding a way out of their current predicament is the challenge facing the Welsh outfit, and fresh faces will undoubtedly aid their cause.

Solskjaer has been able to complete a number of deals, with Kenwyne Jones the latest arrival from Stoke City, but he hopes there will be more to come.

His strong ties to United could work in his favour as he endeavours to win the race for Zaha's signature, and the Norwegian is confident the tricky winger will soon be added to his ranks.

He told Sky Sports on his transfer plans heading into deadline day on Friday: "Hopefully we will get Wilf on loan signed from this place, then we're looking good.

"He's got that urgency in the last third - pace, power, he will bring that along with Kenwyne in the final third. They are players who will add something to what we've already got, because we have got some great players here. I'm really looking forward to the next game."

Solskjaer believes there are plenty of positives for his side to take forward, with their performance against United - which saw them fall to goals from Robin van Persie and Ashley Young - suggesting that they have the stomach for a survival scrap.

With his side sat just one point from safety, the Bluebirds boss added: "We played some nice football, but nice football doesn't always get you points.

"They started better than us, obviously got the goal, and then it's hard to come to Old Trafford and try to peg them back.

"But I'm pleased with the football we played and the possession we played, but in the last third we need to be a bit more direct and a bit more threatening in behind. The second half was much better than the first half.

"I know my squad. They are a good bunch of players, you could see that today with the possession we played and the football we played. Now we just need to start adding in the last third, we need to be more threatening and score goals.

"We have got a few home games next month and we need to start putting points on the board."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next