PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Predicted XI

Hart

Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose

Rooney Dier Alli

Sterling Kane Lallana

That's the team being put out in the media apparently Vardy & Wilshere will start from the bench. Very attacking team but not one we've tried before

England have never won an opening game at the Euros

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: England vs Russia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Confirmed XI

Hart

Walker Smalling Cahill Rose

Rooney Dier Alli

Sterling Kane Lallana

Could be 4-2-3-1 with Alli in behind Kane I kind of hope it is see how Rooney does in midfield at this level think it's wise to use Wilshere off the bench

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thought we were pretty decent. Kept the ball well, worked hard, lots of pressure, created well. Defence looked vulnerable and that proved to be the case in the end.

I was disappointed with Kane, would've taken him off. Think it was a mistake taking Rooney off and not bringing Vardy on. Milner coming on was also pointless, did nothing other than lose his man for their goal.

Sterling should not start the next game either, he was garbage.

I'd give Dier MOTM but Rooney was close. Walker had an excellent first half. Lallana was decent but his finishing is poor. Alli was decent too. Rose fine, got done for the goal but he shouldn't be the one competing for that header.

Stuff with the fans looked awful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Rose was shocking for their goal. Naive of him.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Just didn't think he should be defending it. He was never going to be able to compete for it.

And the cross should never have been allowed either.

We don't have a good defence though, we knew that much. It's definitely got to be a tactic of scoring several and not trying to sit on a 1-0 lead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I don't think Rose stood a chance the guy had a run on him, he's taller and probably better in the air and he executed the perfect header. The fault was when England cleared the initial ball the defence lost their men their CB was clever and pulled to the back post and got himself a miss match which he capitalised on maybe Alli could've spotted the danger earlier and go back in but it was a classic switch off after clearing the first cross.

Positives are we created good chances in open play which we should've made more out of the keeper made some good saves but some of those chances you shouldn't give the keeper a chance as none of them were really in the corners.

Negatives Sterling looks shot of confidence and we don't really have an alternative to him, I think Kane/Alli froze on the big stage a bit hopefully they'll sort out that stage fright a bit for the second game & Hodgson's subs were baffling. Wilshere coming on was the right choice but for Rooney? Also, when we got 1-0 up Vardy has to come on either for Kane or Sterling we were crying out for someone to run in behind all night and no one wanted to do it.

Feels like a sucker punch letting that goal in we deserved to win that game but you always feel with this defence 1 goal won't be enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The more I think about it the more I can't believe he never brought Vardy on.

I thought Alli was alright, Kane really didn't do anything though, temptation has to be there to give Vardy a start

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Season taken its toll on Kane? Back in of the season Tottenham fell to peices and Kanes looked leggy throughout the friendlies and now yesterday.

I'd start Vardy on Thursday and bring Kane in after the hour.

Also why is Kane taking our corners?

But with age my hopes have faded

Last edited by idontfeardeath on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I don't think we should drop Kane and if we are id reach for Sturridge before Vardy as the lone striker but I think Kane didn't look his usual self he could be knackered from a long slog at Spurs. I think we have to try and get Vardy off the bench in the next game especially if we go ahead but not sure Roy thinks like that.

I think the system suits everyone but problem is Sterling is the only real option on that left side so we're kind of hoping he plays himself into form he did OK in warm up matches but yesterday he just froze a bit.

I'm not sure the Wales defence is as good as Russia but they are much more dangerous going forward will be interesting to see how Wales play it will they sit deep or press high up like they did vs Slovakia

On the Kane corners how bad must the others be if he's taking them surely Rooney should be taking them ahead of Kane you want him in the box for them he's very good in the air

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Bizarre wasn't it? I'd rather we let Rose take a corner if it meant Kane was in the box where he belongs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

There's no good logic to it RVP took corners but his corners were brilliant whipped in at pace Kane just takes a bog standard corner

Rooney or Lallana surely should be on them before Kane even Alli

Don't understand why no one in the press has asked Hodgson about it yet