Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Buyers Swarm Around Meeeelan
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:31 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Milan's vice-president has denied he is planning to take over the club from president Silvio Berlusconi along with Israeli investors.

With the recent problems Milan have been having on the transfer market, it has been suggested that vice-president Adriano Galliani is planning to take over the club along with a group of Israeli investors.

Current president Silvio Berlusconi is said to be reluctant to make major investments because of his role as Prime Minister of Italy, and does not want to set a bad example during the financial crisis. There have been rumours for some time that he is planning to sell the club.

However, according to Galliani these are all rumours fabricated by the media.

"It is a completely unfounded story, more than false," he said to La Repubblica. "The relationship with Silvio Berlusconi is inseparable and has been going on since November 1, 1979."

Milan have seen all of their transfer targets to bolster their attack fall through. The clearest example of their apparent economic problems was their failure to sign Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano, as they were unwilling to raise their bid of €14 million, a fee deemed too small by the Spanish club.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Adriano Galliani Denies AC Milan Takeover Plans
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I Am Interested In Buying AC Milan - Rezart Taci

The businessman can see another opportunity of investment as he turns his hand towards Milan...

Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci has reignited his interest in AC Milan, and is ready to drill a pipeline that will lead him to take over the club if Silvio Berlusconi decides to sell up.

Despite several denials by Fininvest, the holding company that runs the club, the Rossoneri continue to be linked with the sale of a majority stake. This morning's Gazzetta Dello Sport indicated an interest from a Libyan party, as well as Taci's desires.

The Albanian has now confirmed his interest. Taci is ready to invest in further commodities as he seeks to add to his business portfolio.

"I don't think Berlusconi will want to deprive himself of Milan, but if there is a chance then we will be very interested in buying the club," Taci told Guerin Sportivo.

Reports suggested Taci had already pumped cash into the club with the acquisition of a number of shares, but the magnate has denied those claims.

"It's not true that I am already a shareholder, I just have links with the sport side of things such as programmes like Milan Junior Campus, and Milan Parc," added the Albanian.

"In addition, I am a good friend of Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani."

Taci had rubbed shoulders with Bologna's hierarchy during the summer over a proposed takeover, but he was unable to morph his plans into a meaningful move.

"I cannot reveal the real reasons as to why we did not conclude the acquisition," Taci finished.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Buyers Swarm Around Meeeelan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Berlusconi has stated that letting go of the Rossoneri would be a sacrifice that he would unwillingly make. Indeed, there is only one condition under which he would relinquish his grasp on the Serie A outfit...

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has rubbished talk that he could sell the club.

The Italian claims no-one could ever take care of the Rossoneri like he has since buying the club in 1986.

The Italian media have linked the club with a Libyan consortium, which Colonel Gaddafi was reportedly behind, but those reports have always been denied by Fininvest - Berlusconi's holding company, which runs the club.

Berlusconi has now reiterated his intention not to part company with the Milanese outfit.

"For someone who is in love, no figure could ever be worth the sacrifice. Only the good will of the one in love can prevail," Berlusconi told journalist Bruno Vespa in the book Donne di Cuore.

"I would only make the sacrifice of selling Milan if there is someone who would be more useful to the club than me.

"Until now, no-one has ever come forward with the right qualities. [Roman] Abramovich? I think Chelsea is enough for him."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Meeeeeelan
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Milan coach Leonardo has confirmed he will leave the club after Saturday night's match against Juventus.

The Brazilian has been tipped to leave the club for sometime, and now it's official.

He and CEO Adriano Galliani both announced the move during Friday afternoon's press conference.

Leonardo told the club's official website:

"We are here to communicate that we have decided to separate by mutual consent in a tranquil and serene manner just like our relationship has been over the years.

"There are no surprises. Everything has been clear today like always. We have reached the end.

"We have qualified for the Champions League which is what we wanted, and we decided this morning to make official the choice we made in Via Turati.

"The time has come to close, but we have done it with tranquility."

Galliani added: "I am sorry that we have decided to separate. But, we did it amicably and by mutual consent."

The club have not announced who will replace Leonardo yet, but Galliani said: "We have not made contact with other coaches. There is no rush."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Leonardo Leaves San Siro
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hopefully that means he'll join the Beeb as a pundit for the WC! Much more of a pleasant sight than Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer!! :pray:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

Post subject: Coach Leonardo set to part company with AC Milan
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Leonardo's team have failed to keep pace with city rivals Inter in Serie A so the AC Milan Coach is set to leave the Serie A Side

AC Milan boss Leonardo has announced he is leaving the club by mutual consent after just one season in charge.

The 40-year-old stepped up from his role as Milan's technical director to succeed Carlo Ancelotti last May when the Italian left for Chelsea.

Leonardo struggled to improve an ageing team, with the club currently third in Serie A with a game to play.

"We mutually announce that we are parting," said Leonardo, who had no previous managerial experience.

The Rossoneri, who have not won the league title since 2004, are 12 points behind Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan and 10 behind Roma after 37 games of their 38-match season, while they crashed out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage with a 7-2 aggregate defeat by Manchester United.

With a three-point lead and superior goal difference over fourth-placed Sampdoria, however, Milan look certain to secure Serie A's third automatic Champions League spot for next season.

The Brazilian, who was joined by Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani for the news conference, added: "We're here together to communicate our separation by mutual consent in a calm and serene way, as has been our relationship throughout the years.
"There's no surprise, everything is very clear, today is as it has always been.

"We've come to the end. The goal of reaching the Champions League, which was hugely important to me, has been achieved and this morning we decided to make the decision official.

"The time has come to part ways but in a calm manner."

Only last month, Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi reportedly told Italian newspaper the Corriere dello Sport: "Leonardo will leave, we are working on a new coach.

"He has been too tough-headed and the team has played badly this season."

At the time, Leonardo responded by saying: "I can't deny our relationship is difficult. We are different, maybe incompatible."

Leonardo, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 1994, had two spells with Milan as a player.

The former Paris St Germain midfielder said the experience of coaching one of European football's most prestigious clubs had been an eye-opening experience.

"I didn't know what it meant to be a coach, it's been an extraordinary experience but I don't know if I will do it again in the future, definitely not for the next few years," he said.

Post subject: Re: Coach Leonardo set to part company with AC Milan
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Click The Link...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8651983.stm

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

red_sagem wrote:
Hopefully that means he'll join the Beeb as a pundit for the WC! Much more of a pleasant sight than Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer!! :pray:

Yes please. He was great for BBC at the last WC.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

You not looking forward to Kilnsmann & Adebayor :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Toast and Bananas wrote:
red_sagem wrote:

Agreed! :thumbup:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

red_sagem wrote:
Toast and Bananas wrote:
red_sagem wrote:

i'm sure it was his keen tactical nouse that impressed you

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
red_sagem wrote:
Toast and Bananas wrote:
red_sagem wrote:

i'm sure it was his keen tactical nouse that impressed you

Oh it was! :angel:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:01 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

JSP wrote:

I can't even understand a word that comes out of Adebayor's mouth, so listening to him talk tactics probably isn't my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:06 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Adebayor's tactics masterclass... "so then I fell on the floor and pretended he hit me, and the referee gave us a penalty and sent their player off. Then I scored the penalty and ran all around the pitch to upset their fans, and got hit in the head with a coin so rolled around for half an hour"

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Toast and Bananas wrote:
JSP wrote:

I can't even understand a word that comes out of Adebayor's mouth, so listening to him talk tactics probably isn't my cup of tea.

Too be honest unless he's telling me how to get a 200% pay increase off the back of 1 years good work I'm not really that interested. Unless he gives some well structured tacticall insight into the African sides it's a complete waste of time I want more than isn't Drogba really good or don't Cameroon rely on Eto'o for goals. I want him to sit their and say Cameroon play 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 like to keep it tight or play down the wings not just the usual boring stuff. Desially used to fill the role of token african when Ghana were playing despite the fact he turned his back on them to go and play for France.

Adebayor is one of the most unpopular footballers going everyone hates him I imagine City fans aren't really that in love with him really don't understand how he got this gig.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:
Adebayor's tactics masterclass... "so then I fell on the floor and pretended he hit me, and the referee gave us a penalty and sent their player off. Then I scored the penalty and ran all around the pitch to upset their fans, and got hit in the head with a coin so rolled around for half an hour"

you missed the bit about tickling their cheeks with his studs

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm 
Major General
Major General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

you missed the bit about tickling their cheeks with his studs

That's for lesson two... :wink:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:

Thought you were talking about that bus journey for a minute there :ninja:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

Oooooh... controversial and edgy there Mr Parky!!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:
JSP wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

Oooooh... controversial and edgy there Mr Parky!!

Well some how I don't think he'd of got this gig if that bus attack hadn't happened as everyone would still see him as the massive **** that he is