AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leonardo Leaves San Siro
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:29 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
JSP wrote:
Well some how I don't think he'd of got this gig if that bus attack hadn't happened as everyone would still see him as the massive **** that he is

Parky tellin' it like it is!!

I do agree though, I think that got him a bit of sympathy.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:
JSP wrote:
Well some how I don't think he'd of got this gig if that bus attack hadn't happened as everyone would still see him as the massive **** that he is

Parky tellin' it like it is!!

I do agree though, I think that got him a bit of sympathy.

Out of all the people on that bus he was definitely the one who deserved the sympathy of a free sorry paid trip to the world cup I mean he only earns £120k a week.

This will be the closest he ever gets to appearing at a world cup though

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
Out of all the people on that bus he was definitely the one who deserved the sympathy of a free sorry paid trip to the world cup I mean he only earns £120k a week.

This will be the closest he ever gets to appearing at a world cup though

The reason they've picked him is because people over here will know who he is, if they'd looked for another member of that team then nobody would have known who it was.

The thing is, I for one will be flicking over when he's on, and I dare say a lot of people will follow suit because he does exemplify everything that's wrong with football nowadays.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:
The reason they've picked him is because people over here will know who he is, if they'd looked for another member of that team then nobody would have known who it was.

The thing is, I for one will be flicking over when he's on, and I dare say a lot of people will follow suit because he does exemplify everything that's wrong with football nowadays.

I know why they've picked him just think it's time that these broadcasters stopped picking people because of their name and instead focused on the job they can do. Leonardo was class at the last world cup because he knew what he was talking about especially with South American teams. For example will Tim Vickery who writes the south american blog be in the studio for matches involving South American teams?

I'm just bored of half time analysis being a string of football cliches and tactics suggesting they give the ball to <insert big name player>

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yeah but if they just give the ball to Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Rooney, Ribery, Robben, Torres, etc then they'll definitely 100% score the winning goal!!

Pundits who actually know about football tend, IMO, to be on radio as opposed to TV.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Devil_Spawn wrote:
Pundits who actually know about football tend, IMO, to be on radio as opposed to TV.

or forums :|

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Post subject: Re: Buyers Swarm Around Meeeelan
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Silvio Berlusconi has reiterated his intention to stay on as AC Milan's president, despite calls from fans to sell the Rossoneri, insisting that he would only ever sell the club to the right people.

“The fans that urge me to sell the club, I say that I love Milan and will never sell this club to someone who is not worthy or who couldn’t make it even greater,” he told Milan Channel.

Despite looking extremely promising at certain points of the season, as Milan closed the gap at the top of Serie A on city rivals Inter, the club eventually fell out of the title race – resulting in the dismissal of coach Leonardo.

Berlusconi has received widespread criticism from Milan supporters for not giving his coach the budget he required, but the president warned fans that dreams of a Manchester City-esque Middle Eastern buy-out were unrealistic.

“A rich, famous Emirate that could make Milan better than it is doesn’t really exist,” he continued. “In times of economic crisis, it is not so easy to think of a buyer and I will never just sell to the first person that comes along.”

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Meeeeeelan
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:17 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Andrea Pirlo has announced he is leaving AC Milan after 10 years at the club.

The Italy midfielder revealed the news on the same day the club confirmed stalwarts Alessandro Nesta and Filippo Inzaghi have signed new one-year deals to stay with the newly-crowned Serie A champions until June 2012.

Pirlo, 31, has been one of Milan's most consistent performers for the past decade, helping them win two Champions League titles.

"It was a mutual decision, I've had 10 unforgettable years here," Pirlo, whose contract expires this summer, told reporters.

He has been linked with Juventus, but claimed he has not spoken with the Turin-based club.

Two more Milan veterans are staying at the San Siro, though, for another season at least.

Nesta, 35, joined the club from Lazio in 2002 and 37-year-old Inzaghi from Juventus the year before.

There was further good news for Milan with the club confirming trio Thiago Silva, Mark Van Bommel and Flavio Roma had penned new deals.

The highly-rated Brazilian defender Silva has been strongly linked with a move away from Milan after attracting interest from a number of top European clubs.

However, Milan have secured Silva's services until June 2016.

Van Bommel, who joined the Italian giants in January from Bayern Munich, has agreed a one-year contract extension with his previous deal expiring this summer.

Former Monaco goalkeeper Roma, who was also set to become a free agent next month, has signed a contract with the Rossoneri outfit until June 2012.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The holding company of AC Milan, Fininvest, have denied that they are considering the possibility of relinquishing shares in the football club in order to raise funds.

Earlier on Wednesday, reports emerged that the Serie A giants could potentially be hit with a heavy financial restraint after owner Silvio Berlusconi was given a nine-digit fine after losing a long-winded court battle in the Lodo Mondadori saga.

However, the idea of selling part of the club to an Arabic consortium, or floating it on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange has been ruled out, in a statement released toANSA."We can categorically confirm that these fanciful hypotheses and scenarios[of selling the club] are totally unfounded," Fininvest told the news agency.

Milan were crowned Serie A champions last season, for the first time in seven years.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
What the f**k is going on there? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says he would like to sign Chelsea striker Didier Drogba on loan in January.

The Italian giants are short up front after Antonio Cassano was ruled out for six months following heart surgery.

Galliani would also like to sign Nicolas Anelka or Mario Balotelli but admits Drogba is his first choice.

"I have been in love with Drogba since he was playing with Marseille," Galliani told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Drogba's Chelsea honours

The San Siro club have made a solid start to Serie A this season and lie in third - just one point behind early pace-setters Lazio and Udinese.

They have scored 31 goals in their 10 league matches so far but Cassano's illness has left them short on options.

Drogba has only made seven appearances for Chelsea this season, scoring just once.

He was sent off on his last outing against QPR on 23 October and is currently sidelined until 20 November following arm surgery.

"It's not a given that someone will come in January," added Galliani. "If they do it will be on loan because I promised Cassano we will keep his place for him.

"Anelka is an important player but I think it would be impossible for any Italian club to sign Balotelli at the moment."

Manchester City striker Balotelli spent three controversial years at Inter Milan and provoked anger when he was pictured wearing an AC shirt on a television show.

Do Milan actually buy any players? It seems like most of their big names (Ibra, Robinho) come on loan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Loan with a view to permanent.

They now own Ibra, Robinho & Boateng.

Good move if you can pull it off if they don't settle or they're sh*t you just send them back

Drogba would be a good signing but he'd surely just be backup to Ibra? Not sure the drog would be happy with that.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
"The reason why he is always injured is because we have sex 7-10 times a week. I hate foreplay, I want to get straight to the point. My favourite position is on top so I can take control" - Melissa Satta, undercrackers model and Kevin-Prince Boateng's girlfriend, explains her man's spell on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

AC Milan striker Antonio Cassano has been given the formal all-clear to return to action after spending more than five months on the sidelines due to illness.

Tuesday's announcement means Cassano can immediately return to training with the rest of the club's first-team squad and be considered for selection by Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Cassano, 29, has been out of action since being hospitalised after suffering stroke-like symptoms on a flight following Milan's 3-2 victory at Roma on October 29.

The Italy international underwent minor surgery a week later to repair an atrial septal defect in his heart and was ruled out of action indefinitely.

The former Roma and Real Madrid man has always vowed that he would return as quickly as possible, and on Monday was passed fit by a 10-man body representing the Italian Sports Medicine Federation.

Cassano's return was formally rubber-stamped on Tuesday.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am 
Major General
Major General

Good news for him :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

After scoring the winner against Chievo last night, AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari attempts to bestow one of the ballboys with a unique gift – his shirt – only, the wee lad in question doesn’t appear to want to trade in sweaty cast-offs

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Bad year for me all around! Likely that (bar a QPR miracle) after having all the teams I support win titles last year, none will win this year :unsure:

Anyway Milan we still need a few more young uns in the mix, and hopefully Silva and Pato will be back bigger and better next year. Forza Milano :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
:moon:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Here's Silvio Berlusconi with the latest on the Thiago Silva farrago. The last line is particularly good.

"We have not changed our mind," Berlusconi said to SportItalia. "We had no intention of selling the player but we had received an extraordinary offer from PSG.

"We have always been clear and PSG should not feel let down. We told them from the start that we would take a decision once we had looked at the offer and seen what is out there in the market in terms of finding a possible replacement.

"They made us a very interesting offer, close to 46million euros. We considered the possibility (to sell) and we looked at the central defenders that would replace Thiago Silva but we haven't found an adequate player.

"The old heart of Silvio Berlusconi has allowed us to reject this offer."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next