AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Barcelona
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:48 pm 
Major General
Major General

True , echoe it ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Currently 3-0 down

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona forward Neymar has confirmed he had "conversations" about joining Manchester United this summer but did not receive a firm offer.

United were linked with a move for the Brazilian - who has scored 57 goals for Barca - at the end of the transfer window.

The 23-year-old ex-Santos striker said: "We had conversations, but there was nothing concrete.

"I heard that there were offers but none were made to me."

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward flew to Barcelona last month, when he attempted to complete a move for Neymar's team-mate Pedro, who eventually joined Chelsea.

Neymar, who scored a consolation in Barca's shock 4-1 defeat at Celta Vigo on Wednesday night, wants to end this season as one of the best players in the world.

"I want to keep giving my all and evolve season to season," he told ESPN Brazil. "I hope I will be on the Ballon d'Or podium this year."

I'm sure Utd made initial enquiries and they will probably play on the fact that does he always want to be the man behind Messi whereas at Utd he could be the main man which surely helps him in other ways but I don't think he has any interest in moving in the next season or two.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:05 pm 
Major General
Major General

Currently he is 2nd fiddle to Messi if it doesn't change in 2 years then he may exercise his options .

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:05 pm 
Major General
Major General

Currently he is 2nd fiddle to Messi if it doesn't change in 2 years then he may exercise his options .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
A Brazilian court has frozen assets of the Barcelona star Neymar, his family and related businesses valued at 188.8m Brazilian reals (£31.3m).

The São Paulo federal court said on Friday that the 23-year-old is alleged to have evaded 63m reals (£10.5m) in Brazil taxes between 2011 and 2013. He moved in 2013 from the Brazilian club Santos to Spain’s Barcelona.

Judge Carlos Muta said Neymar declared assets worth only 19.6m reals (£3.2m), adding that “he is solely responsible for the income declaration”. The Associated Press reached Neymar’s agent, who promised to comment later.

Neymar is accused of not paying 63.3m reals (£10.5m) in taxes between 2011 and 2013. The judge froze three times that amount for security reasons and to cover potential interest and fines, according to a judicial order explaining the seizure.

The action covers property and vehicles and is a preventive measure to stop the player selling assets before the case is settled. He will still have access to bank accounts and other liquid assets.

The judge accused the 23-year-old of “omitting sources of income from abroad”. Barcelona Football Club was cited as the source of unreported money.

The frozen assets were in the name of the Brazil player and three companies in which he and his father are the principal owners. Neymar’s total assets were given as 244.2m reals.

Neymar joined the Spanish club in June 2013 after a successful career at Santos but his transfer has been a source of controversy.

Then the Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell, said Neymar cost €57.1m but the deal was shrouded in secrecy.

His successor, Josep Maria Bartomeu, eventually admitted the total cost came to €86.2m once additional payments to the player and his family had been included.

Rosell resigned in January 2014 after a judge decided to investigate and call him to testify in the case. A Brazilian investment firm which bought an interest in Neymar has taken legal action against the player, his father and Barcelona in a bid to secure a bigger slice of the transfer fee.

What is it with these Barca boys and there tax issues :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:25 pm 
Major General
Major General

Not sure , all of their tax lawyers are inept ..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
What is it with these Barca boys and there tax issues :laugh:

Well you can add one more to list ... :D

Quote:
Barcelona star Javier Mascherano has been charged with two counts of tax fraud after a Spanish public prosecutor found he had defrauded tax authorities of more than €1.5 million.

Mascherano is said to have attempted to hide his earnings from his image rights by using companies in the United States and Portugal.

The offences occured in two separate years, he is accused of defrauding €587,822.01 in 2011 and €968,907.76 in 2012.

The case could go to trial but, according to ESPN, Mascherano’s legal counsel are advising him to plead guilty for a more lenient sentence.

He’s already paid off the back-taxes he owes by giving €200,000 this month with interest. Mascherano has not spoken publicly about the charges.

The company he used in Portugal was based in Madeira, which footballers in Spain consider to be a tax haven. The Spanish government are cracking down on rich players avoiding paying tax.

Other Barcelona stars to run into this problem famously include Lionel Messi and most recently Neymar, who had his assets frozen while investigators look at his tax history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Sounds like dodgy agents/advisors to me and governments finally getting on top of these sort of schemes and clamping down.

It's about time this happened across all industries close the loopholes and make people pay the fair amount of tax.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am 
Major General
Major General

Not sure why would they do it , they earn more than average person could earn in decades .. Its shame .. I hope they catch them all .. Tax evasion under current economical turmoil in spain should be dealt severely ..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
Not sure why would they do it , they earn more than average person could earn in decades .. Its shame .. I hope they catch them all .. Tax evasion under current economical turmoil in spain should be dealt severely ..

Greed
Lack of education
Impressionable.

To be fair if someone comes to you and says how would you like to save 50% on your tax every year you probably hear them out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

Fair Point .. but i think its more down to lack of education .. Part of your tax goes for welfare of less privilege in society

meanwhile 2 goals in 2 min from Sergi and Suarez .. Barca leading now .. 2-1 ..They are not same without Messi though ,,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

Some more news from Spanish watchdogs

Quote:
MESSI CHARITY 'UNDER INVESTIGATION' FOR BEING A FRONT OF DRUG CARTEL MONEY LAUNDERING

No one comes out of this looking very good.

El Mundo report that authorities in both American and Spanish have found evidence of tax fraud and possible drug cartel involvement in two friendly games organised by the Lionel Messi Foundation.

The matches - featuring the mercurial Argentine and a number of his footballing friends - took place in Colombia in 2012 and 2013.

It is alleged that the games were funded by a Mexican drug cartel, and that they were a front for a money laundering scheme involving the profits of drug trafficking.

The games were meant to be organised to raise money for impoverished children around the world.

It is unclear whether either Lionel Messi or his father Jorge are suspected of any knowledge of the alleged impropriety.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have complained that two ex-Real Madrid players suggested Neymar deserved to be kicked during commentary of this month's El Clasico game.

Real substitute Isco was sent off for lashing out at forward Neymar in the 85th minute of his team's 4-0 defeat at the Bernabeu.

Barca claim Manolo Sanchis and Poli Rincon "repeatedly justified the aggression" on Spanish radio.

The club contacted a Spanish government group seeking to end violence in sport.

"FC Barcelona believes these statements to be an incitement to violence and therefore ask for action from the anti-violence commission," the club said in a statement on their website.

Barcelona claim former Real captain Sanchis said: "Neymar is going over the line, he isn't getting [hit] enough."

Ex-Real striker Rincon was accused of saying: "If I am there, I hit him, there should be no doubt that I hit him; me and anyone else."

Spanish authorities have been seeking to crack down on violence and verbal abuse in soccer since a Deportivo La Coruna fan was killed last year in organised fighting before a La Liga game at Atletico Madrid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
The agent of Borussia Dortmund ace Marco Reus is on the move.

Volker Struth has been spotted in Barcelona, says Don Balon, fueling talk that he is now courting interest for his client from across Europe.

Reus has been linked with Liverpool, where he'd find his former coach Jurgen Klopp, and Manchester United.

Indeed, it's been suggested United boss Louis van Gaal would be open to swapping Adnan Januzaj, currently on-loan at BVB, for Reus.

At Barca, the Germany international is seen as Andres Iniesta's successor.

Struth's presence in Spain is sparking speculation that a move away from Dortmund is now seriously being considered.
- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... 0wCqH.dpuf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Mascherano fined £566k and given 1 year prison sentence...He however wont serve a day in prison after coming to an agreement with the prosecutors. I assume that means he threw more cash at them?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:47 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yeah he gave some million IIRC ..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:51 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
A goal from Lionel Messi and a double from Luis Suárez helped Barcelona to beat River Plate 3-0 in Yokohama and win the Club World Cup, the club’s fifth trophy of 2015.

Messi opened the scoring 10 minutes before the end of a difficult first half for Barcelona, who were tested by River’s intensity, but the European champions struck again early in the second period through Suárez and the Uruguayan sealed their third world title by heading home a cross from Neymar.

Barcelona become the first team to win the trophy three times, surpassing the two titles won by Corinthians, while Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Dani Alves, Sergio Busquets and Gerard Pique are now the only players to collect three winners’ medals.

This was the perfect way for Barça to end an excellent year in which they had already collected the league title, Champions League, Copa del Rey and Uefa Super Cup, with the only trophy they failed to win being the Spanish Super Cup.

The River manager, Marcelo Gallardo, admitted his side would have to play “a perfect game on every level” if they were to win, adding “Barcelona have the best players, but we have huge hearts”.

The Argentinian club, who qualified for the tournament by winning the Copa Libertadores, brought 16,000 fans from Buenos Aires to Tokyo. On Saturday an estimated 10,000 supporters attended a mass rally in Yoyogi park, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city but when it came to Sunday’s game Barcelona made their quality show.

Neymar and Messi were back in the starting lineup after missing the semi-final win over Guangzhou Evergrande, the Brazilian recovering from a groin strain while the Argentinian had overcome abdominal pains.

Their returns allowed Luis Enrique to field the same team as in the Champions League final against Juventus, with the exception of Claudio Bravo starting in goal over Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Gallardo made only one change to the team who beat Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1-0, bringing in Tabare Viudez for Leonardo Pisculichi.

River’s tactics were to press Barça high up the pitch to disrupt their passing game and stifle creation. It worked for a large part of the first half, even if they had to resort to frequent tactical fouling.

In spite of the shackles imposed on them, Barça created a couple of openings. Messi took down a ball from Iniesta superbly to half-volley at Marcelo Barovero, and a tame shot from Alves following a Neymar cross from the left, which the goalkeeper also gathered. River’s few chances came from set pieces and distance shots from Rodrigo Mora and Lucas Alario, both which went straight at Bravo.

Messi also tried a free-kick which Barovero tipped around the post but it would not be long before the striker found a way through.

Jordi Alba won the ball back in River’s half and Barça broke quickly, Messi playing in Alves, who floated a ball into the area from the right and Neymar rose to head it down towards Messi, who controlled it before hooking a right-footed shot just beyond the reach of Barovero. The Barcelona substitutes raced out of the dugout to join Luis Enrique’s wild celebrations, such was the importance of the goal, but replays showed Messi may have controlled the ball with his right hand before shooting.

The goal sapped River’s confidence and Barça could have scored again before the break, Messi releasing Suárez with a curled pass from the right wing, but the Uruguayan fired the wrong side of the near post.

Gallardo made a double substitution at half-time, bringing on Lucho González and Gonzalo Martínez for the booked Leonardo Ponzio and ineffective Mora. But the new players were on the pitch for only four minutes before Barça struck again. This time the high press was River’s undoing, as Busquets spotted a gap in the defensive line and Suárez ran into it, controlling and sliding the ball under the legs of Barovero.

Barça pushed for a third goal and, although Messi squandered a chance to add to his earlier effort, Suárez took his opportunity to do the same, glancing Neymar’s cross into the far corner. The Uruguayan took the prize for the tournament’s top scorer, his double adding to his hat-trick against Guangzhou.

While its probably seen by most as a bit of a cherry on top of the real prize the Champions League it is arguably the hardest trophy in club football to win (just think about how you qualify)

Extra special as they'll be taking that World Champions badge off Madrid's shirt and putting it on there's over the next few weeks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona summer signings Aleix Vidal and Arda Turan could make their debuts this week after the 14-month ban on the club registering players ended.

Defender Vidal signed for £13m from Sevilla and will wear 22 while 28-year-old midfielder Turan, who joined from Atletico Madrid, gets the No.7 shirt.

The pair are eligible to face Espanyol in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday.

"The boss knows we have been training for months to be in prime condition when he needs us," said Vidal, 26.

Turan - who has 87 caps for Turkey - signed for £26m from Atletico, where he won La Liga and reached the Champions League final under Diego Simeone.

Right-back Vidal helped Sevilla to Europa League success last season and is expected to eventually replace Dani Alves.

Fifa imposed the ban on Barcelona for breaking rules on signing international youth players.

An appeal to Fifa was dismissed, as was another appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Despite being unable to sign players in 2015, Barcelona won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, the Champions League, the World Club Cup and the Super Cup.

They currently sit in second place in La Liga, two points adrift of leaders Atletico with a game in hand, and are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where they face Arsenal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Spanish prosecutors have reportedly requested that Neymar be charged on two counts of fraud and corruption relating to his move to Barcelona during the summer of 2013.

Quoting the radio station Cadena Ser, Marca reported that prosecutors have also asked for charges to be brought against the Barça president, Josep Maria Bartomeu; former president, Sandro Rosell; Neymar’s father, who is also his son’s agent; two directors of the Brazilian striker’s former club Santos; and the two football clubs themselves.

The prosecutors acted on legal proceedings brought by the Brazilian investment fund DIS, which has accused the defendants of fraud, claiming it should have received 40% of the payment that Barcelona paid Santos for the player.

DIS, which held 40% of Neymar’s sports rights when he was in Brazil, claims it only received that percentage for €17.1m that Santos was allegedly paid for the Brazilian when, according to high court investigations, the deal cost €83.3m (£62m).

The defendants also stand accused of corruption over allegations that Neymar, despite being under contract at DIS – and without informing the fund - signed a deal with Barcelona worth €40m to join the team as soon as he was a free agent.

At the same time, Neymar is at the centre of an investigation into alleged tax fraud over the move in which Barcelona have previously made a supplementary payment of almost €13m to the Spanish authorities in order to cover what they described as a difference in “interpretation”.

The case is based on the investigating judge’s allegation that Barcelona’s claim to have paid Santos €17.1 and €40m to the company run by Neymar’s father was false. Instead, Barcelona were accused of having paid over €80m for the Brazil striker and making a series of different payments that the investigator considered to actually be part of the player’s salary. Prosecutors alleged that the Spanish exchequer had been defrauded of €12.7m in taxes.

Neymar has previously declared himself “sick and tired” of accusations his family improperly profited from his transfer and said there was “nothing illegal” in his contract with Barcelona.

Bartomeu and Rosell could face prison sentences of two years and three months over the tax case, and seven years respectively, while prosecutors also want the club to face a fine of €22.2m.

Barcelona have not yet offered any public statement but have repeatedly declared their innocence as has Bartomeu. Rosell resigned as president in January 2014, citing an “unfair and reckless accusation of misappropriation” in regards to the case.

In another action, a Brazilian court has frozen €42m in assets belonging to Neymar over tax evasion allegations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next