AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Barcelona
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:13 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona and Argentina defender Javier Mascherano has appeared in court aiming to avoid going to prison over a 1.5m euros (£1.1m) tax fraud.

Mascherano, 31, previously admitted two counts of fraud after failing to declare earnings in 2011 and 2012.

A judge will now rule if Mascherano can pay an increased fine to avoid jail, according to reports in Spain.

He is alleged to have attempted to conceal earnings from his image rights by using companies he owns abroad.

A court filing released last year confirmed the player had repaid 1.75m euros - the full amount plus interest.

Following the latest hearing at a court in Catalonia, the former Liverpool and West Ham player tweeted a statement, saying: "I'm a sporting professional, I don't have a great understanding of taxes and law.

"To deal with what are for me technical and complicated matters, I have to rely on other people.

"Throughout all my career I have been an honest person, responsible and respectful of my team-mates and the clubs that I have played for and the countries I have lived in. "

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have unveiled plans to remodel their Nou Camp stadium with the capacity rising to 105,000 by the 2021-22 season.

A joint bid by Japanese architecture company Nikken Sekkei and a Catalan studio won the tender to remodel the home of the La Liga champions.

The Nou Camp has a capacity of 99,354 and is the biggest stadium in Europe.

The redevelopment will also see the roof ring the entire stadium with all the seats being under cover.

Work is scheduled to start in the 2017-18 season and will not prevent the club from hosting games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Dani Alves has decided to leave Barcelona, according to the club’s sporting director.

Alves has been linked with Juventus and Galatasaray in recent days and Robert Fernandez confirmed at a press conference on Thursday that the Brazil right-back will seek a new challenge after eight years at the Nou Camp.

Barca have been linked with a move for Hector Bellerin, but Fernandez played down talk of a move for the Arsenal right-back.

He added: “At right back we have confidence in Aleix Vidal, he was signed for that reason. We also have Sergi Roberto”

Fernandez also gave an update on the future of Javier Mascherano, who has also been linked with an exit from the La Liga champions.

He said: “I don’t have the slightest doubt that Mascherano will stay here. He is a vital player”

Apparently he's agreed to join Juventus on a free.

Been a hell of a player for them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have signed former Manchester City prospect Denis Suarez on a four-year contract from Villarreal.

The 22-year-old attacking midfielder arrives at the Nou Camp from Villarreal, who he joined last August after spending two years on the books of Barcelona 'B'.

A statement on Barca's website on Monday revealed the Catalans had paid €3.25million (£2.73m) to buy Suarez back from Villarreal, with a buy-out clause for the player set at €50m.

Suarez, who scored four La Liga goals for the Yellow Submarine as they finished fourth in the league last season, will undergo a medical on Tuesday.

The Galician joined City from Celta Vigo in May 2011 and made two cup appearances before moving to Barcelona 'B' in August 2013.

A Europa League winner with Sevilla, where he spent the 2014-15 campaign on loan, Suarez made his senior Spain debut as a substitute in a friendly match against Bosnia earlier this year.

I really think the buy back clauses is the way forward for the academy system in England to get players out at other clubs who have an insentive to develop them and play them as I don't think the loan system works and this sort of feels like an everyone wins scenario

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have signed Andre Gomes from Valencia for an initial 35m euros (£29.3m), and given Javier Mascherano a new three-year contract.

Gomes, 22, joins after helping Portugal win Euro 2016, and could cost a further 20m euros (£16.7m) in add-on fees.

"Barca relates to my way of playing football and my identity," said Gomes.

Mascherano, 32, has made 247 appearances for Barcelona since joining from Liverpool in 2010, winning four La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues.

Gomes is the club's fourth summer signing, after French defenders Samuel Umtiti and Lucas Digne joined from Lyon and Paris St-Germain respectively, and Denis Suarez re-signed after a season at Villarreal.

Obviously had a transfer ban last summer but they're certainly strengthening that squad this summer.

Reports are they're after a striker as well been linked to Gameiro from Sevilla after Nollito turned them down for City as he felt he'd get more playing time at City.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Looking at the pictures of Messi today it looks like they've signed Aaron Ramsay!

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm 
Major General
Major General

Man he aint targaryan .. looks so bad in him ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

You know what Pac I've been wondering where the white hair craze had come from. You're probably right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have signed Spain striker Paco Alcacer for 30m euros (£25.5m) plus add-ons from Valencia.

Alcacer, 23, is considered one of Spain's most promising young talents after scoring 30 La Liga goals in three years and has agreed a five-year deal.

He was made captain at the Mestalla Stadium under Gary Neville last season.

Alcacer's contract, which includes a 100m euro (£85m) buy-out clause, could be worth another 2m euros (£1.7m) in "variables" to Valencia.

Luis Enrique's Barcelona have spent most of the summer trying to sign a forward to complement their front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez.

He is the sixth summer signing for the Spanish champions, following goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, defenders Lucas Digne and Samuel Umtiti and midfielders Andre Gomes, also from Valencia, and Denis Suarez.

Barcelona accidentally ran a competition on their website to win a signed Alcacer jersey on Monday, before they had revealed his signing

Just last week Valencia's sporting director and manager both said Alcacer & Mustafi were staying their fans must be gutted that squad has been gutted over the summer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:51 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona striker Neymar has agreed a new contract which keeps him at the Nou Camp until the summer of 2021.

The Catalan club has fixed his buy-out clause at £181m for the first year of his new contract, £200m for the second year and £226m for the remaining three years of his deal.

Barca signed the Brazil forward from Santos in 2013 and he has gone on to become one of the game's biggest superstars.

He has won La Liga twice, the Champions League, European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, and Copa del Rey twice.

A Barcelona statement read: "Since his arrival at the club Neymar has cemented his position as one of the best players in the world thanks to his outstanding talent. The Brazilian finished third in the 2015 Ballon d'Or award behind the winner his team-mate Leo Messi.

"After three seasons with FC Barcelona, Neymar's statistics are outstanding. In 141 games for the club he has scored 85 goals, 15 in his first season, 39 in his second and 31 in his third."

Neymar will sign the deal on Friday.

Team-mate Javier Mascherano had already agreed to extend his contract and the club confirmed the formalities had been completed on a deal which sees him stay until 2019.

A club statement read: "Javier Mascherano put pen to paper on his improved contract extension with FC Barcelona that will keep him at the club until 30 June 2019."

Thought he'd already signed a new contract

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona celebrate
Lionel Messi scored a 94th-minute winning penalty against Valencia
Barcelona have reported La Liga president Javier Tebas to Spain's highest sports court after he questioned their players' conduct during a heated 3-2 win at Valencia.

The hosts were fined 1,500 euros (£1,340) after a water bottle was thrown from the stands at players.

But the disciplinary committee also criticised the "reproachable behaviour" of the celebrating Barcelona players.

The Catalan club said these declarations were "irresponsible".

"The most serious thing is the thrown bottle, but some players acted in a way we don't like," Tebas said after the incident, also suggesting Barcelona players provoked Valencia fans.

Barcelona said they have requested the Administrative Court of Sport open disciplinary proceedings against Tebas and members of the federation's competition committee.

The club's president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, added: "Making statements regarding the actions of the players adds even more tension to a situation that must be de-escalated.

"The declarations made by Tebas are irresponsible and unbecoming of a sports executive."

Multiple players hitting the deck having not been hit was rather entertaining

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 am 
Major General
Major General

Well i was watching live .. the first messi goal shouldnt have stood as suarez was offside ... and it was only empty bottle that struck neymar bcz neymar went straight into fans and wind them up after scoring last second penalty.. the anonymous fan has already written apology letter and explain his actions ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Apology or not the fan should still get a lengthy ban you don't throw things at football.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

I think Messi and Neymar should atleast be Reprimanded .. They wind up the whole section of crowd one of them provoked ..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:59 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think any fans who are upset by players celebrating a goal need to stop crying and grow the f*ck up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:17 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wasnt Rooney suspended over kissing badge? ? and Neville fined against pool ..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:

Rooney got banned for swearing down the camera after he scored a goal to complete his hat trick in a comeback win.

One of the FA's finer moments getting bullied by tabloids

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:

Rooney got banned for swearing down the camera after he scored a goal to complete his hat trick in a comeback win.

One of the FA's finer moments getting bullied by tabloids

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Thought it was for kissing badge ..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Nah was definitely swearing.

Neville got done for insighting the crowd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next