AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Barcelona
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:51 am 
Major General
Major General

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/7 ... 6865920004

Gosh i know this forum isnt growing but why cant we embed twitter facebook post...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Tweets been deleted.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

My guess is it's a privet age we can't afford to pay for :thumbup:

Just copy and paste the actual tweet rather than post the link for those who don't use twitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:18 am 
Major General
Major General

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/v ... ar-9156919

:thumbup: JSP

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:23 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona have agreed a new four-year shirt sponsorship with the Japanese internet retailer Rakuten worth €55m (£47.2m) a year, the Spanish champions have confirmed.

Barcelona – once renowned for never having sponsor on their shirts – will earn an additional €1.5m for each time they win La Liga and an additional €5m each time they win the Champions League.

The deal, which has an option to be extended into a fifth season, will begin from the 2017-18 campaign.

Barcelona have also signed deals to feature the Turkish electronics brand Beko on shirt sleeves and the US company Intel on the inside of its shirts.

The new sponsorship agreement will see Rakuten replace Qatar Airways on the front of Barcelona’s shirts. Speaking at the press conference to announce the deal Josep Maria Bartomeu, the Barcelona president, said the defender Gerard Piqué and his wife Shakira helped the club to negotiate the deal with the Rakuten chief executive, Hiroshi Mikitani

“Gerard Piqué and Shakira are very close friends with Mr Mikitani,” Bartomeu said. “It was in the summer of 2015, Gerard organised a dinner in San Francisco during our summer tour. At that dinner we met Mr Mikitani, who was, for us, an incredible person.”

Bartomeu also expressed his belief that Lionel Messi will sign a new contact with Barcelona that would lead to the Argentina forward ending his career at the Camp Nou. “I believe we’ve got a team with incredible players, all of them. There is nonetheless a leader, Leo Messi, he is well known and popular all over the world,” he said.

“We’re all positive Leo Messi will end his sporting career in Barça. All the members of Barça believe this is how it has to be, because he is the player that in the last few years has brought us sporting success.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ivan Rakitic has emphatically pledged his future to Barcelona, amid reports of a falling out with the club.

Several newspaper reports recently have linked the Croatian midfielder with a move to the Premier League.

That came after Rakitic had fallen out of favour at Barcelona, regularly left out of the team by Luis Enrique.

However, Rakitic could not have more clear when rejecting rumours of a bust-up with Enrique.

“Luis Enrique has helped me enormously, giving me confidence straight away, as did my teammates, which enabled me to work calmly,” Rakitic told France Football.

“It was Luis Enrique who asked the club to sign me.

“If I had to throw myself off a bridge for him, I would do it without hesitation.

“With just a look or a smile, he gives you the confidence necessary to succeed.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Luis Enrique will leave Barca at the end of the season.

My guess is Sampaoli current Seville manager will be favourite to take over but Tuchel may also be in the frame as he's having problems with board at Dortmund

Koeman would be an outside bet not sure he's that popular in club but they do like ex players maybe Frank De Boer or Phillip Cocu

Wenger?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Pochetino and Koeman got to be in the hat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Pochetino and Koeman got to be in the hat

Pochettino said he's no interest in job he's ex espanyol as a player and manager think he's on record saying he's never manage Barca

Koeman has a bad rep in Spain he failed at Valencia plus as I've said he's not that popular their for an ex player. Not sure finishing 7th with Southampton & Everton gets you the Barca job

He might make the long list but I'd be very surprised if they approach him

Koeman best chance of a big job imo is replacing Wenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
As much as I don't want to argue in favour of Koeman going to Barca did he not finish 6th with Southampton? Also he hasn't finished 7th with Everton yet, it could be higher, you never know :wink:
Also he doesn't necessarily need to move to get a big job, we are a big job. Rumours are Lukaku has just signed a £130k contract and we are going to spend the big money that's been expected in the next transfer window.
Slightly biased views but whatever :coffee:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

MIG wrote:
As much as I don't want to argue in favour of Koeman going to Barca did he not finish 6th with Southampton? Also he hasn't finished 7th with Everton yet, it could be higher, you never know :wink:
Also he doesn't necessarily need to move to get a big job, we are a big job. Rumours are Lukaku has just signed a £130k contract and we are going to spend the big money that's been expected in the next transfer window.
Slightly biased views but whatever :coffee:

Moyes finished 4th with Everton once and look how that turned out for Utd it takes a strong character to manage those egos at Barca and you're walking into a mess as they've signed a load of player who don't appear up to it. Koeman has that ego but his reputation in Spain is low as he had a bad time at Valencia a bit before they became the basket case they are now.

Everton seem on the up BUT everyone is spending money now you might need to spend £100m every summer just to keep pace. It's also got to be spent well I think Everton are doing that but breaking top 4 in PL is going to be a hell of a task as in theory you've got 6 better managers/squads and 6 richer clubs ahead of you.

Barca job isn't that attractive right now imo as the club is buying badly and you'd have no control over that as manager and the academy has stopped producing. They haven't replaced Dani Alves very well, Iniesta is starting to slow down and Busquets has had a poor season. Messi at any minute can change his mind about where he wants to play and you have to accommodate that at all times.

I think their era of dominance might be over for a few years they are still a very good side but it might take a few years to make them a great side again unless they absolutely nail their recruitment this summer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:11 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Fair play. Just wow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Barcelona are lining up Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho, 24, and Paris St-Germain's Marco Verratti, 24, as replacements for 32-year-old midfielder Andres Iniesta, whose current contract expires at the end of next season. (Daily Mirror)

Coutinho has been poor since coming back from injury that consistency I thought he'd finally got just isn't there

Replacing Iniesta is going to be some task pretty much impossible if you ask me he's that good

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I agree. Can't replace him. Much like us trying to replace Scholes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
I agree. Can't replace him. Much like us trying to replace Scholes.

The answer is they'll probably replace Iniesta with Messi as he's already started going deeper as a playmaker at times.

Iniesta kind of replaced Xavi with Rakatic doing more of running side of the game to the point where they haven't really missed Xavi since he left but if Messi drops to midfield that makes space in their front 3.

He's only 33 when his contract expires so can't fully rule out him signing a new contract but read something recently saying they've got money problems because of the wages the MSN demand they've got to make savings elsewhere.

They still haven't quite cracked replacing Dani Alves I don't think he was ever properly appreciated by Barca he left to early just like us with Evra

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22