AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: München Bünchen
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Just looked Audi own 8.3% surely a conflict of interest?

Wolfsburg is owned by Volkswagon. Audi is owned by Volkswagen

I think Audi own a stake in Ingolstadt as well which is where they're based the stadium there is named after Audi.

This is Germany so I'm guessing they have rules in place around this more than likely it will involve what sort of presence you can have on the board at multiple clubs or the size of stake you can own in more than 1 clubs might be more of an issue if Bayern ever played Wolfsburg in European competition.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich have signed Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches and Borussia Dortmund centre-back Mats Hummels.

Several national newspapers linked the 18-year-old Sanches with Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool in the January transfer window.

But German giants Bayern have completed a deal for the Portuguese player, who will move to Munich in the summer for an undisclosed fee.

And they have also bolstered their defence with the acquisition of Dortmund's German international centre-back Hummels on a deal until 2021.

Speaking of the Sanches transfer, Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "Renato Sanches is a dynamic, technically-gifted midfielder who is strong in the tackle and will strengthen our squad."

And on Hummels, Rummenigge added: "Mats is one of the world's best centre-backs. He will increase the quality of our team even more."

Sanches signed a new contract at Benfica in November, which contained a release clause which would be triggered by a transfer offer of £35m (45m euros) - Bayern have paid an initial fee of £27.5m (35m euros).

Barcelona had also been reported to have been interested in the player, seeing him as the long-term replacement for Sergio Busquets.

Bayern deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen commented: "The transfer fee for the current international, who was voted the Shooting Star of Portuguese Football in his home country yesterday evening, is 35m euros, plus possible bonus payments that could become due if for example the player is named in the World Team of the Year or FIFA World Player of the Year."

Hummels, 27, had one year left on his contract at Dortmund, who had placed a "non-negotiable" price tag of £31.5m (40m euros) on the 46-cap international. Hummels came through the Bayern youth system before being transferred to Dortmund in 2009.

He had informed Dortmund recently of his desire to leave them this summer, a year before his contract in Westphalia was due to expire, and return to Munich.

He told the club's website: "This was not an easy decision for me after eight and a half successful years with BVB.

"I was always proud and still am to wear the BVB shirt and to be part of this extraordinary team."

New manager sorted at Xmas and 2 big signings done before Euro 2016 even starts all current star players tied down to new long term contracts you really can't dispute how well that club is run the whole thing just seems to run like clockwork.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Mario Gotze has responded to rumours linking him with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund.

Gotze has endured a difficult campaign at Bayern Munich, starting just 11 Bundesliga games in an injury-ravaged season.

The 23-year-old has one year remaining on his contract at the Allianz Arena and has been linked with a host of clubs.

Liverpool, managed by Gotze’s former boss Jurgen Klopp, are the early favourites to sign the German, but another Premier League club, or a return to Borussia Dortmund, has also been mooted.

“I am fairly relaxed,” Gotze told Bild on Saturday. “We’ve won the German championship. I have won my fifth German championship. The joy outweighs everything.”

It was reported last week that Ancelotti had told Gotze he would remain a fringe player at the club and that he was free to leave if he found a suitable club.

“I don’t know how the editors came up with this,” Gotze said. “I wasn’t aware someone listened. There are only a handful of people who know what has been discussed. That’s enough, and that’s all I will reveal.

“I am under contract until 2017. We have an important match next weekend. Those are two facts.”

Bayern face Dortmund in the last game of the season in the DFB Pokal cup final in Berlin, and Gotze has promised to try his best.

“I can promise that I will give it my all next weekend,” Gotze said. “I know that I still have a valid contract. We’ll see about the rest.”

Given his contract is so close to the end you have to imagine he'll be on the market for a fairly low price as I'm guessing Bayern would be happy to take something rather than nothing for him.

There were strong rumours of a return to Dortmund but not sure how that would go down with the fans who really weren't happy with the way he left

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Didn't realise he was still only 23. I'd be in for him all day long. Anything less than £30m you've got a steal.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Thing is how has his career stalled since he moved it's a similar thing to Isco at Madrid when they made those moves they were incredibly exciting young talent but 2-3 years of not playing regular football can really stall a career.

If he's got 1 more years left you probably only looking at around £20m so he's probably worth the gamble but you don't know how that time on the bench will have not only stalled his progression as a player but also the knock on effect to his confidence/personality.

You also have to ask why he couldn't nail down a spot at Bayern? They've had a lot of problems in wide positions which is what they bought him for so why didn't he fit into the team in the way they wanted.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I'd probably take a punt on him.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If he can play on the right of a front 3 then I'd probably take a punt I'd say he's a quicker version of Mata but as I said a lot of it will come down to making sure his personality is right and most importantly he's wanted by whoever the manager is next season.

You'd hope that a player of his ability would improve our attacking options but if his career has stalled because he's rocked up to Bayern being billy big b*llocks that could be a problem but obviously no one knows what his head is like these days.

Obvious destination for him is Liverpool though especially if they get CL football next season if he is leaving Germany then you'd imagine linking up with Klopp is the obvious choice then Arsenal who also need a right sided attacker and he knows he'd fit in with their playing style then Utd are probably next in line assuming they're even interested.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Mario Gotze has insisted he is committed to impressing incoming Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti, which appears to rule out a move to Liverpool.

Sky sources revealed in March that Liverpool were interested in a summer move for the Bayern playmaker, with Jurgen Klopp reportedly making him his No 1 summer transfer target.

Gotze has plummeted down the Bayern pecking order under Pep Guardiola's reign as manager, with the Spaniard opting to leave the midfielder on the bench for big games, including the Bundesliga club's crucial Champions League semi-final ties with Atletico Madrid last month.

But, speaking to Bild, the Germany international insisted he was relishing the chance of a fresh start under Ancelotti, who is due to take charge of Bayern in the coming weeks.

"I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti," he said.

The 23-year-old, who has a year left on his contract, had also been linked with a move to Juventus, as well as a return to former club Borussia Dortmund.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Gotze has parted ways with his agent Volker Struth at SportsTotal after their relationship was made difficult due to Struth's criticism of Bayern last year.

A SportsTotal statement said: "After extensive deliberations and discussions in the past few weeks, we have come together to decide that we will terminate the cooperation.

"Therefore we met for a joint discussion and parted by mutual consent. I thank him for his many years of trust and wish him well for the future."

Gotze has spent six years under SportsTotal's care and thanked them for their service.

He added: "I thank SportsTotal for a very good cooperation with many highlights and great memories that have shaped my career decisively."

For him to stay my guess is Bayern will want him to extend his deal I can't see them risking losing him for nothing.

Unles Ancellotti says he 100% wants him to stay I think the decision might be taken out of his hands and he might be told by the club he has to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Liverpool target Mario Gotze’s future has taken another twist after Carlo Ancelotti refused to assure the player of a future at Bayern Munich.

Ancelotti was thought to be keen to allow the 23-year-old to move on this summer, but the player himself stated his desire to stay and fight for his place in the remaining 12 months of his contract only a couple of weeks ago.

“I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti,” said Gotze at the end of May.

However, the Germany playmaker, who has been urged to move on by national team coach Joachim Low and Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, could still leave after Ancelotti refused to commit himself regarding the future of the former Borussia Dortmund star.

Gotze discussed his future with Ancelotti last month, but the coach refused to go into details when asked by Sport Bild.

“I’ve spoken to Mario on the phone,” Ancelotti said. “He’s aware of my opinion.”

Gotze is currently with the Germany team preparing for Euro 2016, with national team boss Low ignoring speculation over the midfielder’s club situation.

“I have said everything about Mario Gotze and Bayern Munich. The only thing that interests me now is the performance during the match and on the training pitch.”

Sport Bild claim that Gotze, who has recently switched agents, didn’t want to move to Liverpool because he saw it as a backwards step in his career, but report that the player would be interested in a move to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Arsenal.

Rummenigge recently claimed they “made everything clear to Mario,” adding that “he knows what the club thinks and he knows what the future coach thinks”

Guessing Bayern hope he has a good Euros so they can flog him as it sounds like they have no interest in keeping him if he actually wants to stay it would only be if he signs a new deal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Robert Lewandowski is a “certainty” to remain at Bayern Munich next season.

The Poland striker has been linked with a switch to Real Madrid or the Premier League after scoring 30 goals in the Bundesliga last season.

But Bayern technical director Michael Reschke denied that the club will cash in on the 27-year-old.

“I can say with certainty that Lewandowski will play for Bayern Munich next season,” he told Radio CRC.

“His contract expires in three years’ time, he’s the best striker in the world and there’s no chance of him being sold.”

Gonzalo Higuain is one striker Bayern had reportedly been eyeing but Reschke dismissed the prospect of the Napoli star replacing Lewandowski.

“Higuain is one of the three or four best strikers in the world, but we’ve got the very best right now with Lewandowski.

“That is why it makes no sense for us or for the player to sign another striker.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich new boy Renato Sanches may not be as young as people think and is actually 24 years old, according to quotes attributed to legendary French coach Guy Roux.

Portugal midfielder Sanches, who has been discovered by our ignorant scout at Euro 2016, joined the German giants earlier this summer for a €35million downpayment, though the another €45million could be paid depending on appearances and achievements with Bayern.

Doubts over his age have the teenager since he burst on to the scene, but it is only now that someone with any credence has actually backed up the claims.

Roux, who managed Auxerre over a 44-year period between 1961 and 2005, told the Spanish press the Bayern new boy may not be as young as people think.

“He says he’s 18, but I think you should look at the past,” he told AS. “His date of birth was declared years after as it was never originally indicated to the registry. I can assure you that he is 23-24 years old.”

Sanches’ birth certificate is dated August 18 1997 but As backs up Roux’s claims that this was not entered for five years due to a delay thanks to the separation of his parents.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich’s sports director, Matthias Sammer, is leaving the Bundesliga champions at his own request.

The club announced the move on Sunday, the day before the presentation of the new coach, Carlo Ancelotti.

The club chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, says Sammer now has “other priorities” outside the club.

Sammer has rarely made public appearances since suffering a blood circulation problem in his brain in April. He said his health has been fully restored but that “at the moment” he had no desire to be available “for the club, the team and the public 24/7”.

He still had two years on his contract. Bayern’s spokesman Markus Hörwick resigned three days ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

Renato Sanchez is an xcellent player ..great tournament for him ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arjen Robben will miss up to six weeks with a muscular injury he sustained in Bayern Munich’s first outing of the season on Saturday.

The Dutchman pulled up after making a sprint in the 35th minute of Bayern’s 4-3 friendly win over Lippstadt and had to be replaced. Tests carried out on Sunday morning have confirmed an adductor muscle injury which will keep the 32-year-old out of action until beyond the first game of the 2016-17 Bundesliga season.

Robben was restricted to 15 Bundesliga appearances last season due to a similar injury. He missed the last two months of the campaign but prior to Saturday’s fixture against Lippstadt he said he felt his injury agony was now behind him.

He is now likely to miss Bayern’s German Supercup fixture with Borussia Dortmund, their opening DFB-Pokal game at Jena and first Bundesliga match of the season against Werder Bremen on 26 August.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the Bundesliga giants until 2021.

The Poland international, 28, joined Bayern from Borussia Dortmund in 2014.

He has scored 86 goals in 122 appearances for the club, including 19 so far this season.

"I am very happy that the negotiations were successful," Lewandowski said. "It means I will stay at Bayern for a few more years."

Bayern, currently top of the Bundesliga, are bidding for a record-extending fifth consecutive league title.

They are also in the last 16 of the Champions League, where they will face Arsenal.

"I am happy that we managed to tie one of the best centre forwards in the world to the club for the long-term," Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

"We have now guaranteed that another key player will continue to wear the Bayern shirt for the coming years."

Lewandowski finished 16th in the Ballon d'Or voting on Monday as Cristiano Ronaldo won it for a fourth time.

Despite scoring 42 goals last season, he was not the highest-ranked player from the Bundesliga as Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ranked 11th.

Lewandowski appeared to mock the result, writing "cabaret" on Twitter and also posting laughing emojis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

Well if he expected to win it he is a fool of highest road ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

To be totally honest the whole Ballon D'Or thing is a joke you shouldn't have individual awards for team sports and he's probably within his rights to question the results when you see that Vardy/Mahrez made the top 10 and he didn't they've done nothing since May and this is a calender year award.

On Lewendowski it'll be interesting to see how long he can keep his current standards up he doesn't seem to show any signs of slowing down

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm 
Major General
Major General

Unless he guides bayern to CL he cant win .. its been a walk in park for bayern in league .. Every Vardy mahrez goal was worth more than Lewadonski IMO ..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Don't have calender year stats so I'll use a combination of last season and this season to date based on Wiki and the standard in the German league is very high this isn't like he's banging 50 a season in Scotland.

Lewendowski 73 games 61 goals
Vardy 61 games 30 goals
Mahrez 61 games 25 goals

Not saying Vardy/Mahrez don't deserve recognition but I think Lewendowski is right to challenge why he's 16th especially when you consider he also out scored Neymar & Bale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
rjen Robben says that he turned down lucrative contract offers from Chinese Super League clubs to stay at Bayern Munich.

Robben, now 33, signed a new one-year deal earlier this week, after speculation that he could leave Germany.

Unsurprisingly, a number of Chinese clubs were reported to be interested in Robben, but the Dutchman said he had no intention of making that move.

“I am having a great time here at Bayern and I am playing at one of the best clubs in the world. I would not know where to move at my age,’ Robben told Radio 538.

“A transfer to China would be something else entirely. That is basically acknowledging your career is over. I want to keep playing at the highest level as long as possible.

“It is all about a certain madness that is ongoing in China right now. They are offering some crazy figures.

“I also got some offers. The money on show is so crazy that you at least have to consider it.

“They are offering maybe four, five or six times the amounts you get at a big club. But money has never driven me.

“That is why I have had such a great career. It is about football for me.

“I do not understand players going to China at the age of 27 or 28. Those guys are at the peak of their career. That is a waste really.

“You only get one career. I sort of understand players who are already in their 30s.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next