The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Alexander Kicks Buttner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just seen a tweet saying he's off to Besiktas on loan for the season.

Not really sure why we signed him he's alright but not Utd quality

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:09 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
We needed a left back as cover for Evra and didn't want to spend a lot of money :shrug:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I thought he had potential

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am 
Major General
Major General

He's decent going forwards but suspect defensively. Maybe if you use him as a wing back he'd be more effective, but as a full back I don't see it.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:47 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think defensively he's really poor but he's alright going forward.

The only way he'll improve is by playing and he isn't going to get that at Utd so a loan move might kick him on a bit if it happens he might come back a different player.

Knowing he wasn't going to play very much I'm not so sure why we bought him unless it was a one year thing to cover while Fabio was out on loan getting games?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:38 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
unless it was a one year thing to cover while Fabio was out on loan getting games?

This is what I would think it was, and Fabio's loan didn't seem to work out that well so bit of a waste of time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Alexander Buttner's agent Alexander Bursac criticised Manchester United's handling of transfers over the summer.

Bursac told Voetbal International: "It's unbelievable that Coentrao was not signed on time and, whether that is an error on the part of Real or United doesn't matter.

"We have received assurances of a loan. Alex is not necessarily looking for a guarantee of playing time, but he does not want to spend the entire season on the bench."

Bursac was also critical about the management of David Moyes.

"Under Sir Alex Ferguson, Buttner was the up and coming man," Bursac said.

"He started playing in more games and was trusted in training. That sense of trust is not there now."

Buttner accepted terms with Beşiktaş which would have seen him join on a season long loan however, Manchester United put the transfer on hold until a replacement left-back was found.

Beşiktaş vice-president Ahmet Nur Çebi said: "We are working towards completing the deal, we have agreed personal terms with Alexander Buttner.

"We have also reached an agreement with Manchester United, if they complete the signing of their left-back target today we will complete the loan transfer of Buttner within 1-2 days."

Buttner now faces uncertainty over whether United will allow him to join Beşiktaş on loan.

The Premier League outfit's failure to sign either Leighton Baines or Coentrao means the 24-year-old may have to remain at United as back up to Patrice Evra.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:19 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mike Phelan on the radio the other week basically said they got Buttner in on the cheap because they needed someone to give Evra a rest when they decided to loan out Fabio he was never really identified as an up and coming player. Fergie might have made him feel that way but basically he was a short term purchase.

I can see why Buttner is unhappy but his agent coming out with comments like that isn't going to do him any favours once the CL kicks off in a few weeks and it's 2 games per week you imagine we'll start seeing a bit more rotation from Moyes which would probably give him a chance to prove himself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

I think he is a decent cover for evra but we didnt get coentrao so he should stay and wok on his game.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

to be offered a new contract..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm 
Major General
Major General

Probably 2 yr extensio to see how he progresses but he is more of LM than LWB.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United defender Alexander Buttner insists he plans to stay and fight for his place in the first-team at Old Trafford.

The 24-year-old Dutchman, who was signed from Vitesse Arnhem 18 months ago, has had to contend with rumours linking various left-backs with United as manager David Moyes looks to strengthen his squad.

But following his solid performance in Sunday's 2-1 reverse to Swansea in the FA Cup, Buttner hopes he has proven he is an able deputy for Patrice Evra.

"If people talk about other players in my position, I don't care," Buttner said. "I just want to play my game and show that I can handle the level.

"I know there are some clubs that want me but I'm happy here and want to play for United so I focus 100 per cent on here.

"I don't want to leave. I want to fight for my place. I am still young and I know what I can do. I just have to wait for my chances and take them."

This lad is just a rubbish version of Kolarov who is good going forward and ok defensively whereas Buttner is ok going forward and f*cking awful defensively.

If Fergie had stayed this lad would've gone in the summer and I imagine Moyes will probably let him leave this summer as well.

No idea how this guy can be considered a full back he'd be an ok winger but the lad can't defend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Alexander Buttner is ready to quit Manchester United for Dinamo Moscow as he sees no future in England for him under Louis van Gaal.

The Dutch full-back has spent the last two years at Old Trafford, having been snapped up as cover for the experienced Patrice Evra in August 2012.

He has had to make do with sporadic outings in the Premier League and UEFA Champions League, making a total of 28 appearances.

It appears as though his situation is unlikely to change any time soon, with incoming coach van Gaal a man who has consistently overlooked him while in charge of the Netherlands national side.

Buttner is reluctant to spend another year sat in the shadows and believes he has made the right decision in agreeing to take on a new challenge in Russia – with a medical having already been arranged.

The 25-year-old told De Telegraaf: “Van Gaal never gave me the chance in the Dutch national team, despite being voted man of the match 14 times at Manchester United.

“Apparently, he is not very confident about me. So I think this is the right moment to leave.”

Buttner’s agent Alexander Bursac has echoed those sentiments, telling Voetbal International: “Dinamo Moscow have big plans. Staying at Manchester United was never an option this summer.

“In the last two years van Gaal has ignored him again and again. What kind of outlook is that for him?”

Should Buttner complete a switch to Dinamo, he will be joining a side that could only muster a fourth-place finish in 2013/14 and will have to make do with Europa League football next term.

The former Vitesse Arnhem defender is, however, remaining upbeat, adding: “I am convinced that the club can now challenge for the championship and then move into the Champions League.”

He must of had some f*cking good reserve team games if he won MOTM 14 times because I don't recall him playing 14 times for our first team let alone being MOTM in any of them.

I hope this is some sort of mis translation because they are some pretty tw*ttish comments by him and his agent he should've been sold last summer as he was not good enough for Utd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

has joined Dinamo Moscow...all the best , mate :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Dynamo Moscow have signed Manchester United left-back Alexander Buttner for an undisclosed fee.

The Dutchman, 25, has already joined up with his new club, although some technical details need to be resolved before the contract is finalised.

Buttner joined United from Vitesse Arnhem in 2012 but made only 13 Premier League appearances in two seasons.

"I want to play in the Champions League and win trophies. Dynamo are building a very strong team," Buttner said.

"I am sure that we will be good enough to try to win the league title this season."

Dynamo Moscow will play in the Europa League after finishing in fourth in the Russian league last season.

United's new boss, Louis van Gaal, has extended the contract of France left-back Patrice Evra, 33, while the club has been linked with England left-back Luke Shaw, 18.

Meanwhile, Van Gaal's first new signing is likely to be midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao.

Assuming those comments he made last week are actually true then I'm not at all fussed he was gone.

Never was or was going to be good enough he was signed as a 1 year thing to cover Evra while Fabio went on loan and it boggles the mind that he wasn't sold last summer but then against that's Moyes for you I'm just hopefuly that Utd got there money back for him.

I'm sure he'll have a largely uneventful career in Moscow and I hope he's got a warm jumper.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United have sold the left-back Alexander Buttner to Dynamo Moscow for a fee that could rise to £5.6m.

Buttner made only 15 appearances for United last season, and the £27m signing of Luke Shaw meant the 25-year-old Dutchman was surplus to requirements.

It is understood Dynamo have paid £4.4m but the fee could climb depending on appearances.

United paid just under £4m for Buttner when they signed him from Vitesse Arnhem in August 2012. The defender scored on his United debut against Wigan and also found the net in Sir Alex Ferguson’s final game in charge, but he was never able to dislodge Patrice Evra as the first-choice left-back.

When Shaw arrived only a few weeks after Evra renewed his contract, it always looked likely that Buttner would leave.

Buttner becomes the third defender to leave United this summer after Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Louis van Gaal has brought in Shaw and the Spain midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao.

A statement on United’s website read: “Manchester United has finalised the sale of Alex Buttner to Dynamo Moscow for an undisclosed fee. Everybody at Old Trafford would like to thank Alex for his service and wish him well for his new career in Russia.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:47 pm 
Major General
Major General

Is Fabio sold ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:53 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Last January pakman. When Zaha went on loan to Cardiff Fabio's loan had to go permanent!

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:59 am 
Major General
Major General

Thought it was only Loan deal ... Could have been cover for Shaw after Pet departure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Can only have one premier league loan per club, so for Cardiff to keep Fabio for the season once Zaha signed on loan they had to buy him. He hardly played for Cardiff though!

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.