AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Serie A Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

He'd probably have left you anyway.. With him being a crazy person and all that.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

True but I'd rather of had him in the team than Owen from 09-12 even if he was a bit of a sh*thouse he was a useful player to have around and loved a big goal.

Can see why his agent wanted to move him to City though it apparently cost £47m to buy him out of his MSI deal whereas Utd only had to pay £25m under the terms of their deal.

If he'd gone anywhere but City I think he'd still be on fairly good terms with Utd fans.

Doing very well in Serie A this season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:23 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
I find it really hard to dislike him, overall. I loved him when he was at United, was gutted when he left and I still don't und£r$tand why United let him go.

Made himself look a dick in the whole thing though as well, then with the Mancini spat, and that RIP Fergie poster he held up.

Seems to be happy (by his standards) at the moment, so hopefully it continues. I think he really loved being at United too, especially his relationship with fans, seemed to really appreciate them. Shame his agent/owner/whatever he was is a bell.

On another note, Llorente has done really well too despite his slow start, him and Tevez working great together in recent months.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reedo wrote:
I find it really hard to dislike him, overall. I loved him when he was at United, was gutted when he left and I still don't und£r$tand why United let him go.

Made himself look a dick in the whole thing though as well, then with the Mancini spat, and that RIP Fergie poster he held up.

Seems to be happy (by his standards) at the moment, so hopefully it continues. I think he really loved being at United too, especially his relationship with fans, seemed to really appreciate them. Shame his agent/owner/whatever he was is a bell.

On another note, Llorente has done really well too despite his slow start, him and Tevez working great together in recent months.

I was buzzing when we signed him as I'd been a big fan of his for a while and I used to love watching him play in that front 3 with Ronaldo/Rooney that 07-08 was some of the best football I've seen from a Utd side in my lifetime and it feel like it could be a while before we see that again.

If you didn't have all the bullsh*t off the field with him he'd be a managers dream because on the field he is almost the perfect footballer excellant technique allied with incredible work rate and winning mentality but it's safe to say he comes with baggage.

I think he enjoyed his first season at Utd but the Berbatov signing narked him a bit and City got in his agents ear and I think he saw gold and unsettled Tevez a bit at Utd in his second season he apparently was a bit of a nightmare in training and he was also a bit overweight.

I think off the pitch he was never very happy in Manchester as there were long periods where his family weren't with him not sure if him and his wife are on or off but he was always wanting to go back to Argentina to see his kids as I seem to recall she didn't want to live in Manchester. I think even by the end the City fans were happy to see the back of him because eventually you just grow tired of his bullsh*t regardless of how well he does on the pitch.

He's doing really well at Juve but if his track record is anything to go by in 12 months he'll probably start acting up again about wanting to go back to play for Boca and all that stuff so you just sort of enjoy him while it all lasts.

Yeah Llorente has really started to fire and is starting to look like the player he was in that Bilbao side from 2 seasons ago as last season they basically benched him when he said he wouldn't sign a new deal. In that side he looked a class act he scored an absolute blinding goal against us as well that season

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 am 
Major General
Major General

I still maintain we should have signed him he was fan favourite and better version of rooney.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:46 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Pirlo bagging an 89th minute winner at Genoa.

Professor. :cool:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Juve's 3rd title in a row was wrapped up last week when Roma lost.

Bit of a shame really because Juve played at Roma today, wrapping up the title there would've been special

94th minute winner for Osvaldo. :cool:

14pts clear, 99pts.. highest ever Serie A points tally, one game left to play.

Quote:

Last edited by Reedo on Mon May 12, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Bosnia international Miralem Pjanic has finalised his new contract with Roma, which seems him committed to the club until 2018.

The attacking midfielder has been one of the stand-out performers in Serie A this season and had been linked with a big-money summer switch.

The likes of Barcelona and Manchester United were rumoured suitors of the 24-year-old, but he has now put the prospect of a summer move to bed with his signing of a new long-term deal.

"I have never thought about leaving Roma," Pjanic told Sky Italia.

"It's true that negotiations have been long, but also because this has been an important season.

"I wanted to keep my concentration, without talking about the contract. But the club knew my will. We have found an agreement and I'm happy.

"There have been offers from other clubs, but I prefer not saying who. I've always thought my future was here.

"Rudi Garcia [Roma coach] counts on me a lot. I think I have made the right choice."

Be interesting to see Roma in the CL next season they've had a good season in Serie A but injuries caught up with them after a great start and Juve pulled away from them.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Doubts about Conte's future today. Don't know if he's just after a new deal

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mr Carrot wrote:
Doubts about Conte's future today. Don't know if he's just after a new deal

Think it'd be a mistake for him to leave Juventus probably just pushing for a new deal and further investment to help them in Europe next season they're so far clear in Italy at the moment but so far Conte hasn't managed to get them out of the groups in the CL and they'll be gutted to have missed the final of the EL on their own patch.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:14 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

There's a Juve thread. :P

He got them to the quarters last season but was soundly beaten by Bayern.

This year's CL was a shambles but they were unlucky also. Lost in Madrid but made a real good go of it, and then battered them in Turin but only drew. The draw at Copenhagen and the last minute equaliser conceded at home to Galatasaray ruined them.

And then there was that game in Istanbul where the groundsmen completely ruined one half of the pitch which was a definite hindrance, it looked unplayable. :p

They do need to start doing better though, or else they'll be continually keep getting difficult groups. Also I don't think Italian football is suited in Europe at the moment, most clubs seemingly doing well are all gungho all out attack. I don't think Juve are quick enough.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reedo wrote:
There's a Juve thread. :P

He got them to the quarters last season but was soundly beaten by Bayern.

This year's CL was a shambles but they were unlucky also. Lost in Madrid but made a real good go of it, and then battered them in Turin but only drew. The draw at Copenhagen and the last minute equaliser conceded at home to Galatasaray ruined them.

And then there was that game in Istanbul where the groundsmen completely ruined one half of the pitch which was a definite hindrance, it looked unplayable. :p

They do need to start doing better though, or else they'll be continually keep getting difficult groups. Also I don't think Italian football is suited in Europe at the moment, most clubs seemingly doing well are all gungho all out attack. I don't think Juve are quick enough.

They made a right mess of it this season where I think they would've done pretty well in the knockout phase as they're tough to score against which is what you need in European football in the knockout rounds.

I think they still lack a little bit of quality in the forward areas top sides can stop Pirlo pulling the strings and he will continue to depreciate (although this hasn't happened as rapidly as Milan thought) and as good a player as Tevez is he isn't quite world class which is what Juve wanted when they started sniffing around the likes of RVP.

I think they've got better every season under Conte and now they've been back in Europe for a few seasons plus a EL semi final means they'll probably be able to get into pot 2 next season which will make life a little easier.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Francesco Totti hopes Roma can fend off interest in Mehdi Benatia and keep the highly-rated centre-back at Stadio Olimpico.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all reported to be keen on taking Benatia to the Premier League on the back of a standout season in Italy.

The 27-year-old Morocco international helped Roma to finish as runners-up in Serie A, with his commanding presence at the heart of their back four providing the most reliable of defensive foundations.

Benatia has, however, sparked speculation over his future by airing his disappointment at the terms offered in a contract extension proposal.

Roma skipper Totti is reluctant to be drawn into a debate regarding financial matters, but believes the club should be doing all they can to retain the services of a 'top player'.

He told Sky Italia: "He is a strong player, who can perform at international level.

"Benatia is a top player and these are players that should be kept.

"I do not want to talk about the business matters, but I just hope that we can find a solution."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Mali's Seydou Keita has signed a one-year deal with Italian side AS Roma.

The midfielder joins as a free agent after a six-month stint in Spain with Valencia, who he helped reach the semi-finals of the Europa League.

The 34-year-old had been linked with a possible move to the English Premier League.

Roma, coached by Rudi Garcia, finished runners-up in Serie A last term and will play in next season's Champions League.

Keita joined Valencia in January until the end of last season on a free transfer from Chinese side Dalian Aerbin.

He won 14 trophies in four seasons with Barcelona between 2008 and 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Lazio have bought the full rights of midfielder Antonio Candreva from Udinese for an undisclosed fee, the Rome club announced on Tuesday.

Candreva joined Lazio on loan from Udinese in 2012, with the two clubs owning 50 per cent of his sporting rights.

The 27-year-old, who is under contract with the Eternal City outfit until June 2018, scored 12 goals and set up another six to help the Biancoceleste finish ninth in Serie A in the 2013-14 campaign.

A statement from Lazio read: "S.S. Lazio announces it has resolved in its favour the co-ownership of player Antonio Candreva."

Candreva, who is currently on World Cup duty in Brazil with Italy, has been linked with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico after a strong season at Lazio.

Reports in Italy claim Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus were among the clubs keen to acquire his services this summer.

However, Lazio president Claudio Lotito ruled out that possibility this week by stating the player is not for sale.

Lazio also announced on Tuesday they have reached an agreement to sign Serbian right-back Dusan Basta from Udinese.

The statement said: "The club wishes to confirm that in the next few days we will announce the acquisition of player Dusan Basta."

The 29-year-old Basta made 30 league appearances for Udinese last season and was under contract with the Friuli outfit for a further two years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is expected to sign for Italian club Roma on Monday, his agent has confirmed.

The Serie A club tweeted a welcome message alongside a photo of the 33-year-old arriving in the Italian capital.

Cole's agent, Jonathan Barnett, said: "Ashley is out there and we are hoping it will be finalised today."

The left-back is a free agent after Chelsea did not offer him a new contract at the end of the season.

BBC Sport understands that the length of the contract is one of the final issues to be ironed out.

Roma published a picture of Cole with the message: "Welcome to Rome, Ashley."

Cole spent eight years with Chelsea, winning the Premier League in 2010 and the Champions League in 2012.

He also won four FA Cups with the Blues to add to the three he lifted with Arsenal, where he was also a Premier League champion twice.

Cole endured a frustrating 2013-14 campaign under manager Jose Mourinho, starting just 15 Premier League games in a trophy-less season.

He won 107 caps for England and announced his retirement from international football after being left out of squad for the 2014 World Cup.

Roma will compete in the Champions League this season after finishing as runners-up in Serie A last term.

Fair play to him will be interesting to see how he does in Italy bit of a shame he never went abroad earlier in his career but like most English players of that generation they made so much money playing at home there was little or no incentive to go and test themselves abroad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:22 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Juve sign Alvaro Morata from RM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Hopefully that's Vucinic out the door then.

8 goals for RM in 23 league games last season, I assume some of those will be as sub..

Decent record either way, for a 21 year old.

His Spain U21's goal scoring record is very good as well.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:37 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Conte resigns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Nee-mania Vidic wrote:
Conte resigns

If only we had a dedicated Juventus thread with this sort of information :rolleyes:

http://www.awaygoalsrule.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8868&start=40

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next