Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Renato Sanches wins Golden Boy Award
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Bayern Munich and Portugal midfielder Renato Sanches has been named 2016’s European Golden Boy, beating Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford into second place.

The annual award for Europe’s most impressive footballer under the age of 21 is run by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport, who will present the trophy to Sanches at a ceremony in Monte Carlo on Monday night. The 19-year-old, who joined Bayern in the summer from Benfica for an initial €30m and helped Portugal win Euro 2016, beat off the challenge of 39 other players on the shortlist to follow in the footsteps of former winners including Wayne Rooney, Mario Balotelli, and Paul Pogba. He becomes the first Portuguese player to win the award after Cristiano Ronaldo finished as runner-up behind Rooney.

“I’m beaming, this award has a global significance,” Sanches told Tuttosport. “But I am down to earth, I have much to learn mainly from my fantastic team-mates such as Vidal, Xabi, Tiago and Kimmich. I dedicate the Golden Boy to my family. The Champions League? Bayern will win, there is no debate: we are the strongest team on the planet.”

But after Anthony Martial’s triumph last year, Manchester United had to make do with second place despite Rashford’s brilliant breakthrough year at Old Trafford. The France and Bayern winger Kingsley Coman finished third, with Milan’s teenage goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma also in the top 10.

Alex Iwobi of Arsenal and Dele Alli of Tottenham Hotspur were among the other Premier League players to make the shortlist.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Renato Sanches wins Golden Boy Award
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

We missed out on him ..Rashford 2nd :thumbup:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone watch much German football?

How's this kid doing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
All the talk of him has gone quiet. I don't think he's making their match day squad all to often.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just checked Wiki he's made 10 appearences this season which doesn't seem like a lot not sure if he's had injuries but they've got so much quality in midfield it is hard to get a game ahead of Alonso, Martinez Thiago, Vidal & Kimmich means options are probably limited.

He looked such a talent you just kind of hope he hasn't taken that step up to soon 1 more year in Portugal playing every week might have been the better option but when the big clubs come calling you really can't say no.