AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 Post subject: Re: The general Real Madrid thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
I think they have been bit lucky but they have been solid in league despite Ronaldo not scoring enough and not putting much load on knee.

Its always small group of 2-3 teams in any era which can beat each other ..

Very true this team has got a steel to it bit like Utd sides of the past they never know when they're beaten and in players like Ramos, Bale & Ronaldo they have guys who constantly come up with big goals at big moments in big games to snatch late wins or equalise.

I think it's a very flexible team they can sit deep and absorb pressure and hit on counter attacks with that front 3 or they can hold the ball for long periods with Kross & Modric.

The crux of it is that team is stocked full of winners guys who've won domestic, european and even international tournaments they don't panic in big moments you just back them to get the job done.

They've been scarily consistent in Europe over the last 7 years since Ronaldo went it's something like 2 wins and 4 semi finals since he signed for them in 2009

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 pm 
Major General
Major General

They are snatching late winners n equaliser and there is sense of stability in club from transfer market to the pitch .. they havent chopped and add just for the sake of it and its reaping benefits ...

Absolutely right since 2009 Madrid and Barcelona have been top teams in europe then comes bayern with rest of inconsistent pack ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think you can throw Atletico in there as well over last 4 or 5 seasons with Simeone but none of the English sides have maintained a high standard, Dortmund come in bursts and Juve/PSG seem to be establishing themselves as regulars in 1/4 finals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 am 
Major General
Major General

My bad .. Athletico has been consistent in last 3 yrs but from 2009 onwards its barcelona and madrid ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid have had their ban on signing players reduced to one transfer window following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).

The Spanish side had originally been barred from signing players for two windows by world governing body Fifa.

They remain banned from registering new players this January but will now be able to make signings next summer.

The club have also had their fine reduced from 360,000 Swiss francs (£282,000) to Sfr 240,000 (£188,000).

Both Real and fellow Spanish side Atletico Madrid were banned after breaching rules over the transfer of foreign players under the age of 18.

In a statement on their official website, Real said: "The decision highlights the injustice of the original ban imposed by Fifa, although the club regrets that the Cas lacked the courage to revoke the ruling entirely."

No information has been given regarding Atletico's appeal against their ban and fine.

Fifa initially ruled on the case in January, but the appeals meant both Real and Atletico could sign players last summer.

Fifa's rules on the transfer of under-18s

The world governing body's investigation concerned players aged under 18 who played in competitions for Atletico between 2007 and 2014, and Real from 2005-2014.

Fifa bans the transfer of under-18s to different countries unless they meet strict criteria. It brought in the rules to help protect children from exploitation and trafficking.

Now, under-18s can only be transferred abroad if:
■the player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for non-footballing reasons
■both clubs are in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between 16 and 18 - even then the buying club must meet more criteria relating to education, training, living conditions and support
■they live within 100km of the club.

Last year Fifa dealt with more than 2,700 applications for the transfer of a child to a club in another country. Almost 400 of those applications were rejected.

Banning clubs from signing players in January is pathetic as they very rarely do it anyway so it barely even qualifies as a slap on the wrist they've obviously broken the rules and should be punished accordingly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

FIFA did banned them but once it goes to Court of Arbitration its out of their power .. if FIFA wants can they re-appeal or something as i dont think there is higher authority than COAS ..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid are determined to tempt Chelsea's ex-Atletico Madrid keeper Thibaut Courtois, 24, back to the Spanish capital at the end of the season. (Sun)

This one has been getting a lot of coverage ever since their transfer ban got lifted.

There were rumours he wanted to go in the summer but Chelsea wouldn't let him and I don't think there were to many offers on the table but he's one of the worlds top keepers he's also very young and already has experience in spain so you can see why he'd be on the wanted list plus I'm guessing DDG contract makes him a very expensive options whereas Courtois only has 2 years left on his deal at the end of this season.

Either this one is real and there is genuine interest or it's an agent trying to get his guy a new contract he'd be a huge loss to Chelsea if he did go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:28 am 
Major General
Major General

Its been in press for weeks now but once a madrid player start praising / tapping him you will know the interesst is real ..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
James Rodriguez will stay at Real Madrid despite reported Premier League interest, his father has stated.

The Colombia star has been linked with a move to England, with Chelsea reportedly showing the keenest interest.

His agent Jorge Mendes, who had previously stood firm on rumours, even admitted on Friday that Rodriguez will have to consider his future.

Mendes said: “He’s a top player. He can play anywhere. He doesn’t have to prove anything.

“He’s a top player who has done well. Now, he has to recover to convince Zidane. I don’t speak of clubs. We’ll see what will happen.”

However, Rodriguez’ father has dismissed these claims, insisting the 25-year-old will stay at the Spanish capital.

“He has a commitment to Real Madrid and he has a contract,” Wilson Rodriguez said.

“He is going to stay.”

Rodriguez has somewhat struggled for opportunities under Zinedine Zidane, and was recently forced to sit out the entirety of Real’s Club World Cup final win.

My guess is china will soon start making offers but if he stays for rest of the season I reckon he'll be coming to the Prem the only other potential destination in PSG maybe Juve if they spend big again.

Bit like Beckham in the galactico era he felt like the guy who pushed them over the edge in terms of the big attacking names would be great to see him in the Prem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:54 am 
Major General
Major General

Damn he is too talented to sit on bench .. good to see him staying put his opportunities will come. .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Spanish giants Real Madrid will move for Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 30, if they cannot sign Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois, 24, this summer. Manchester United's 26-year-old David de Gea is also a target. (Daily Telegraph)

I mean talk about covering all bases with one rumour.

My guess is they will look to bring in a keeper in the summer now they've got the transfer ban out the way you do wonder if Utd miss CL again could they tempt De Gea but I know Lloris has just signed a new deal at Spurs so that makes these 2 very expensive options Courtois might be available he was keen to leave last summer but Chelsea blocked it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 pm 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
Real Madrid agree staggering €500m 10-year deal [El Confidencial]

When it comes to insider news on Real Madrid, El Confidencial often have the inside track.

And, on Tuesday the Spanish newspaper have released a bombshell: Real Madrid have sold their internet image rights to US company Providence Equity Partners for 500 million euros in a 10-year deal.

Providence Equity Partners already own a 25% share of the MLS internet image rights and have been in negotiations with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.

Real Madrid third in the Money League

Perez was pushed into making a big deal by the recent Deloitte Money League report.

Real Madrid had dominated this, coming out on top for 11 years but were pushed into third place by Manchester United and Barcelona in the latest Deloitte numbers.

Los Blancos have the most popular team football website on the planet. It receives four times the traffic enjoyed by Barcelona. And, is bigger than Manchester United’s.

Perez is up for re-election

Perez has been desperate to improve the club’s finances since he is up for re-election at the end of the season.

Real Madrid’s internet image rights are thought to be an untapped revenue source by the La Liga leaders.

Providence Equity Partners believe that Real Madrid’s monetisation of the internet can be drastically improved.

Whilst the Spanish club are keen to bring in more revenue without having to deal with any bank debt in the short term.

Once this deal is announced, you can expect Real Madrid to be linked with every “Galactico” on the planet, especially once their transfer ban ends in the summer.

Quote:
Real Madrid will offer Manchester United €70m for David De Gea

Here we go again!

Last summer we were not subjected to the David De Gea Real Madrid rumours with the Spanish keeper committing to Manchester United and Jose Mourinho.

The previous year was a different story as De Gea was courted by Real Madrid all summer and only a broken fax machine prevented the transfer.

In recent days, rumours have once again started up about Real Madrid’s search for a new goalkeeper with Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris linked.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is arming the Los Blancos war chest for a summer of activity.

€70m for David De Gea

So, it should come as no surprise that Real Madrid are once again linked with a mega move for David De Gea.

El Chringuito report – see the Tweet below – that Real Madrid are planning a raid on Manchester United and will go up to 70 million euros for De Gea.

Considering Manchester United are the wealthiest club in the world, it seems unlikely they would ever accept any offer for a player they wish to keep.

But, this report will ensure Manchester United must finish in the top four of the Premier League, otherwise the De Gea rumours could really go up a notch this summer.

One other point is worth making: Keylor Navas has been sensational for Real Madrid ever since the De Gea deal collapsed, it is a big shame for the Costa Rican that he doesn’t seem to be trusted at the Bernabeu.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:10 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
At £70m you're starting to get in the realms of a figure you have to accept. He's a great keeper but keepers don't go for that sort of money.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
At £70m you're starting to get in the realms of a figure you have to accept. He's a great keeper but keepers don't go for that sort of money.

Thing is we sell him for 70m and decide we want Oblak from Atletico they will use the DDG fee to benchmark any deal so we'd end up paying them 60m for him.

If we don't make the top 4 and he says to the club he wants to go I think we'll struggle to keep hold of him because he should be competing for the top prizes not playing for a team lingering in 5th/6th and not in CL.

A top class keeper is very very important these days just look at the problems City, Arsenal & Liverpool are having because of their keepers and we won't be able to replace him with a better keeper and the money doesn't really matter to us so we'd demand a silly fee.

Unless their are secret clauses in his contract I think Utd are going to make Madrid pay through the nose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I read Madrids keeper list is Courtois then Loris

Courtois hasn't exactly been shy in saying he wants to move so I guess they'll get him.

I'm not sure Dave wants the Madrid move any more. In Herrera and Mata he's got good mates, the fans love him and the club is definitely moving the right way. Plus his agent is Jose's agent.

I guess it's just the girlfriend problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Utd have sorted him out with the money but currently we can't give him the trophies and his agent will earn more by selling him than he would by keeping him at Utd unless we give him another new contract.

I always felt that new deal only really got us time it didn't solve the problem unless we were challenging for titles again he's to good to be playing in Europa League.

The issue for Madrid is can they afford his wages as assuming he gets similar to what he earns at Utd he'd be one of their top earners probably only Bale & Ronaldo earn more.

I think they'll probably go for Courtois first as he's the cheaper option but if they can't make that deal happen they might try DDG again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Courtois is dead keen as his wife and kid live there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

It's similar with DDG though his girlfriend and all his family are in Madrid plus he's also from there.

Courtois contract runs to 2019 so this summer Chelsea are at that point where they need to renew so you wonder if the Madrid link is genuine or if it's just agents trying to bump up the offer from Chelsea.

I don't think they desperately need a new keeper anyway Navas is pretty good he's hardly he weak link so does spending £50m on a new keeper really make much of a difference to them?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid midfielder Isco admits he will consider his future in the summer.

Isco joined the Spanish giants from Malaga in summer 2013, and has won two Champions League trophies, two Club World Cups, two Super Cups and one Copa del Rey in four years.

The Spaniard played 53 games in each of his first two seasons and 43 in his third, but has found playing opportunities more difficult to come by under Zinedine Zidane this campaign.

He has started just 11 of a possible 23 La Liga games for the current leaders, and admits that he will have to consider his future at the end of the season.

“I’m calm. What worries me is to have minutes,” he told beIN Sports. “A player’s career is small.

“I’m happy here and would stay many more years.

“From now until the end of the season, we will make a decision. It is my future at stake.”

There will always be players signed ahead of him so I think he should leave to play some football unless he's happy with being a squad player

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40