AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The general Real Madrid thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think the players/fans are all a bit sick of the president he's tinkered with the squad when it didn't need it just to fit in another galactico when they signed James he then got rid of a manager they liked in Ancelotti and replaced him with a man they hated in Benitez now they have a guy with no experience in Zidane. They're getting so much wrong and it just means they fall further and further back on Barcelona in a summer where Barca couldn't sign any players the gap between the 2 clubs seems to have got bigger as Madrid spent 100m euro on players who haven't improved them at all.

I think they can see that in terms of the squad they're way behind Barca when it comes to man for man comparison.

As for those 2 I think they're both struggling on the pitch this season Ramos form hasn't been great so far and Ronaldo while his stats are still good has struggled to influence the big matches he's tended to be more of a flat track bully to the smaller sides this year. I doubt either of them is actually considering jumping ship though this sounds like the usual sort of Madrid political power play cr*p that goes on basically a message to the president that he better bring some big names in this summer.

Ronaldo called out some of his team mates at the weekend basically saying that some of them aren't at his level which is why they aren't winning he even name checked a few of the younger squad players who were filling in for the injured stars.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Luka Modric had a £387m buy-out clause installed in his contract when he signed for Real Madrid from Tottenham in 2012, according to documents published by Football Leaks.

The controversial website, that has exposed the contracts of a number of the game's stars, has released the Croatia playmaker's initial five-year deal with the club.

It reveals Modric was paid £3.7m during his first season in Spain, which rose subsequently to £4.4m - or £84,000-per-week.

Modric's wages were just a fraction of Gareth Bale's, according to the Sun

Modric, who has scored 13 La Liga goals in over 100 appearances, has since signed improved terms until 2018.

According to the Sun, Modric's wages were under a quarter of that earned by Gareth Bale, who followed him from Spurs to the Bernabeu in 2013 in a world-record £86m transfer.

The newspaper claims Bale was paid £15m a year from his first season, and Modric even earned less that James Rodriguez, who joined from Monaco in 2014.

Is it really surprising that Modric earns less than James considering they paid nearly double for James what they paid for Modric as he was that summers big Galactico signing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Sergio Ramos has revealed that he received a firm offer from Manchester United last summer, but says he wants to retire at Real Madrid.

Ramos' future was subject to heavy speculation last year and Manchester United were strongly linked with a move to bring him to Old Trafford.

In the end, the Spain defender remained at the Bernabeu and signed a new long-term deal.

Ramos has lifted the lid on the events of last summer and says United made a concrete bid for his services.

He told Spanish radio programme El Partido de las 12: "There was a firm offer, on paper. For a moment I thought about a change of scene, but Real Madrid was always my priority. I felt disappointed, but not due to economic problems like people said.

"I have not heard about (interest from Chelsea). Many things have always been said.

"Flattery from big clubs is always good as this is because you are doing well, but if the fans and my club want me."

The 30-year-old former Sevilla man also says he plans to retire at Real Madrid. He added: "While my fans and my club want me, my first thought is to retire here."

Everyone knows he used the Utd interest to pressure Madrid for a new contract.

I just hope Utd were aware of what was happening

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid may make a move for Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois if they fail to capture David de Gea this summer, according to Guillem Balague.

Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea was on the verge of a move to the Bernabeu last summer, before the deal bizarrely broke down on Deadline Day.

Courtois' Chelsea failed to qualify for Europe for next season, and Balague believes the Belgian would be a fitting plan B if De Gea stays put once again.

Spanish football expert Balague told Sky Sports News HQ: "There is a private agreement by which Real Madrid could actually get David de Gea if they pay 50m euros. There is a time limit to that.

"I'm pretty sure Mourinho will want De Gea to stay but it will be a decision that will involve both De Gea and Real Madrid.

"At the beginning of the season everyone expected De Gea to be the next Galactico but now the situation has changed, not only because Jose Mourinho has arrived at Manchester United, but also Keylor Navas has done really well.

"So what Real have done in recent weeks in case they don't get De Gea, is try to convince Thibaut Courtois to go to Real Madrid."

So he's suggesting Madrid have a deal with Utd that allows DDG to go for 50m euro? This guy is a known bullsh*tter so he's only repeating rumours but you wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to this one but I'm not sure Madrid will go for it with Navas doing well and being popular do they really need to spend 50m euro on a keeper?

Then again this is Madrid the usual logic doesn't apply.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid midfielder Isco will not be leaving the Santiago Bernabeu this summer, manager Zinedine Zidane has confirmed.

Isco - who has a contract with the European champions for two more years - has reportedly been interesting Juventus of late.

However, Zidane says Isco is still part of his future plans in the Spanish capital, despite the player not starting Saturday's Champions League final win over Atletico Madrid.

"Isco is a Real Madrid player and he is not leaving," Zidane said.

"We have just finished the season and haven't had time to talk about the market or any players who may be of interest to Juventus."

Isco, 24, featured in 43 matches in all competitions for Madrid last season, although he did not start the majority of those games.

As a result, Spain head coach Vicente del Bosque decided not to include the playmaker in his final 23-man squad for this summer's European Championship in France.

Not sure he'll ever be a first team player at Madrid as they'll always sign the new latest big name in his positions but they do need to keep players around to maintain some consistency.

Guess it depends how long you're prepared to be that guy do you sit tight and enjoy being part of the success even if you are backup or take the chance and go out on your own at another club.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

RM favorites to sign Sissoko :ohmy:

one bit-part season in the spanish capital and he will be off to China

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo is doubtful for Real Madrid’s league opener at Real Sociedad on 21 August as he is still recovering from the knee injury he picked up at Euro 2016.

The 31-year-old forward, who scored 51 goals in 48 games in all competitions for Real last season, is on holiday in the United States and will already miss the European Super Cup final against Sevilla on 9 August.

The Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said he would not rush Ronaldo back into action after he sprained his left knee during Portugal’s 1-0 extra-time win over hosts France in Paris last month and Real have not set a date for his comeback.

“Right now he still has his injury,” Zidane said following Real’s 1-0 win over Bayern Munich on Wednesday in the International Champions Cup in New Jersey.

“Obviously he wants to be back but we need patience and for him to be calm. He will be back with us soon in Madrid.”

Zidane has also been without Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos and Pepe throughout Real’s pre-season with the trio scheduled to join up with the squad on 6 August. All three were granted an extended holiday following their participation at Euro 2016.

Despite not being at full strength, Zidane has been impressed by what he has seen in his team’s preparations so far. “Overall I am delighted with the work we have done this pre-season,” he said. “But we must continue because it’s going to be a long campaign and we have to continue to work in this manner. We need to get better as a team.”

Real, who finished runners-up to Barcelona in La Liga last season, beat Atlético Madrid to lift the Champions League trophy in Zidane’s first season in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 am 
Major General
Major General

Apparently he is line for contract extension .. Madrif cant do without him ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:44 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm guessing Bale must be looking at a new deal shortly as he's entering his 4th season so I'm guessing he's only got 2 more seasons left.

Ronaldo is a different type of player now he's more like a Van Nistelrooy just out and out goal scorer than the mazy dribbler he was a few seasons back the legs just can't handle the number of high intensity sprints he used to do now he plays a bit smarter and saves the energy for when he needs it and in terms of finishing he's so clinical.

Will be interesting to see how he knee injury effects him I'm guessing Madrid won't rush him back but they really need a league title this season is it 1 league title in something like 6 years at Madrid.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

It was reported in AS that Madrid have opened talks with Bale over new deal .. he has won 2 CL and CDR so he must be keen to extend aswell . His current deal is around 10-11 million € per year whixh surprised me as he was record breaking transfer so surely he will be looking to bend at around 15-16 m now.

As for Ronaldo he is more intelligent in conserving his energy and if we you have watched messi since his breakthrough you will see he has adopted similar approach to game now rather than bursting up and down the field .. I think this is his first major / serious injury and he is smart enough not to rush him self back as he is nailed on winning another Ballondor ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm guessing when he signed for Madrid that was top earner stuff for them slightly under what Ronaldo earns but since he signed Ronaldo got a new contract which gave him another pay bump & Ramos got his new deal last summer as well. I'm guessing Bale will be pushing to close the gap on Ronaldo which will create problems at Madrid.

I think Madrid can get away with paying less because of the name when they sign players I'm guessing a player like Kroos would've earned more at say Utd than he took at Madrid but that's where he wanted to go. The problem Madrid have is when players want to renew contracts it normally comes with a pay rise what they normally do is sell that player and get someone else it's pretty much what happened with Di Maria and Ozil and it's probably why you don't see many guys who have careers that last more than a few seasons at Madrid.

I think he's had a couple of injurys now like you say it's not many this one only keeps him out for about 3 months I think so it's nothing major just guess it all depends on how the knee heals after the injury.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Terry Gibson thinks selling both James Rodriguez and Isco during this transfer window would be a risk for Real Madrid.

Both players have been linked with moves away from the Bernabeu this summer after struggling to break into Zinedine Zidane's starting line-up last season.

The pair were again named on the bench for Real's 3-0 win at Real Sociedad in their La Liga opener on Sunday and were called upon in the final 20 minutes with victory already secured.

"They [Real Madrid] might be banned for two windows, I am not sure they would run the risk of selling of them," Gibson told the La Liga Weekly podcast.

"It would be interesting to know the thought process of those two players. They were not selected again last night.

"However, From Zidane's perspective, why would you want to sell? It's tough to keep them motivated and happy, but at the same time you wouldn't want to lose them particularly with this two-window ban.

"It would be a risk to sell either of them."

James enjoyed a hugely successful debut campaign at the Bernabeu in which he managed 13 goals and 13 assists but he did not feature regularly under Zidane last season, prompting suggestions he could swap La Liga for the Premier League.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been linked with a move for the Colombia international and Gibson thinks the 25-year-old will not be happy with his situation in the Spanish capital.

"Zidane has said James is happy and content, but he won't be," Gibson added.

"He is a fantastic footballer and will want to be playing regularly for someone."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Reports in the Spanish media claim that Manchester United and Manchester City will battle for the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos.

Speaking on television show El Chiringuito, journalist Pipe Estrada claimed that Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho are set for a head-to-head contest to try and land the Germany international.

“A war of two great coaches of international prestige, Guardiola and Mourinho, for a player, a player of Real Madrid: Toni Kroos.

“The two managers believe that he may be key to their future because of his tactical position on the field and because he is vital for the continuity of their projects.”

Paul Scholes also believes that United should be looking to sign Kroos or Luka Modric.

Speaking on BT Sport, the former United midfielder said:

“I think Mourinho should go into the market for a controlling midfielder, who can control where Paul Pogba goes and control the game.

“I think they still need that type of player. A Luke Modric or a Toni Kroos, and I think these players are available.”

Watch this space.

Sounds to me like Toni Kroos wants a new contract!

If he's on the market it won't just be the Manchester club who's after him it'll be every club in Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:47 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Isco says he has only himself to blame for his lack of opportunities at Real Madrid, but did not consider leaving in the summer.

The midfielder joined Real in 2013 but has struggled to cement a place in the first team, making just one start in La Liga this season.

There was speculation that he would leave the Bernabeu in the summer transfer window due to his lack of playing time.

But, asked by Marca if he considered an exit, Isco said: "Not really, I have two years left on my Real contract, the club said nothing and I never looked for anything to leave."

He also said that it is up to him to force his way into head coach Zinedine Zidane's plans.

"In the end, if I'm not the star man with (Carlo) Ancelotti, (Rafa) Benitez or Zidane, I will not be foolish and look for problems where there are none," he said. "In the end, I'm responsible and that's where I must improve.

"There are ups and downs and I won't give up, I fight to the end and want to prove that I'm fit for Madrid.

"We are talking about the best players in the world, there is much competition and a line-up that is practically non-negotiable.

"I know it's very difficult because of the competition, but I won't give up. I work every day to demonstrate my abilities."

Isco has two years left on his deal with Real and says he is unsure whether he wants to sign an extension.

"I don't know, the truth is that I have not yet thought about it, nor have they asked me to renew, so I am calm. I take it day by day, which is important," he added.

Manchester City were among the clubs reportedly linked with a move for Isco in the summer, and he revealed how close he came to moving to the Etihad in 2013 before signing for Real.

"I was playing at the Under-21 European Championships, it was my father who led the negotiations. It's true that (Alvaro) Morata got to me a bit because I wanted to be with him," he said.

"In the end Madrid is Madrid: it is the best in the world, it's very difficult to say no."

It's a shame we don't get to see more of this kid playing football he was a joy to watch when he first broke through at Malaga.

Can't blame him for going to Madrid as he said Madrid is Madrid when they come calling 99% of players go.

Not sure he has the consistency to play for the mega clubs maybe needs to take a step down and play consistently like Coutinho did when he moved to Liverpool who at the time were consistently finishing around 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo's contract is all done, all finalised, they're just waiting for the right time to announce it. Remember there are elections at Real Madrid for the presidency in 2017, which means they may time the whole thing to suit Florentino Perez.

It has been agreed for months. Nobody has come out with an exact number on how many years, but it's either two or three years.

Real Madrid have been forced, in a way, to give him a new contract for different reasons. 1) His contract finishes in 2018. 2) Because of the transfer ban. 3) Even though there was a strategy from both parties to see if they could get end up going separate ways, basically it didn't take off. Paris Saint-Germain were not interested enough, Manchester United were never in the equation, and Cristiano decided it was best to stay put.

Is his future best off at Real? Certainly it provides him with the money he wants, but more importantly with the competitiveness to allow him to win more titles.

His frustration has been that Real Madrid have not built teams to win leagues, and that may have worked against his CV a little bit, but Real have also guaranteed he can fight for the Ballon d'Or, which will always be something important to him.

Are Real Madrid better off with him? What I've been saying for a while is that Ronaldo has peaked physically, and now he's a different type of player now. It's not a criticism, just a description of the situation. He's not changed, he's just reduced his area of influence.

It means he will still be a top goalscorer, he will not beat players, but he will still be a goalscorer. In my eyes, the best ever.

How Zinedine Zidane manages the continued progression of Gareth Bale, and the fact that Ronaldo still wants to start his attacks down the left flank, will define whether Cristiano will be happy or not. He wants to be the most influential player in the team.

I got the impression Bale was growing a lot last season, but this season has perhaps been limited again to a more right-wing role. He doesn't roam as freely at the moment, but the BBC has not played many games together, so we will have to see if it is the latest dynamic or just as a consequence of the three of them not partnering often enough this season yet.

This summer Perez did not see anybody worth the effort of a big signing. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wanted to come, Real tried Robert Lewandowski but it didn't happen.

Instead, he decided it was better to strategically place renewals of key players in the calendar with Luka Modric, Bale, Cristiano and Toni Kroos, who has already been announced. It gives the impression of a solid team, and that they've got some of the best players in the world, which is true.

Pepe is a doubt, because he wants two years and Real only want to give him one. So he will be a free agent from January 1.

Florentino will probably not have much competition for the presidency. Florentino has made rules within the club that makes it difficult for anybody to become president. You have to have been a long-time season ticket holder, a huge amount of money to guarantee your presence in the board, and a lot of rules that reduces the number of potential presidents.

Every year he likes to present a big signing, and this time it will be big renewals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Luka Modric has committed his future to Real Madrid until 2020.

The Croatian midfielder, who arrived at the Bernabeu from Tottenham four years ago, has been an influential figure in Real's two recent Champions League-winning campaigns.

A statement published on the club's official website revealed Modric had agreed a new four-year deal, tying him to the 32-time Spanish champions well beyond his 34th birthday.

Modric, who will meet the press on Wednesday, has scored 11 goals across 180 appearances in all competitions for Real.

In addition to his two Champions League titles, he tasted Copa del Rey glory in 2014.

Modric's renewal follows midfield partner Toni Kroos' contract extension to 2022 last week, and Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale are expected to follow shortly.

Sky Sports Spanish football expert Guillem Balague said on Monday: "Cristiano Ronaldo's contract is all done, all finalised, they are just waiting for the right time to announce it."

Sounds to me like they're gearing up for a ban by locking down the current squad to new contracts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid suffered an almighty fright before a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick hauled them back from 2-1 down and gave them a 4-2 win over Kashima Antlers in the Club World Cup final in Yokohama on Sunday.

Two goals from Gaku Shibasaki stunned the European champions as the Japanese hosts took the lead early in the second half before a Ronaldo penalty brought Real level on the hour. The 11-times European champions then survived several more scares and a possible sending-off for their captain, Sergio Ramos, before Ronaldo scored twice more in the first period of extra-time.

Real, who won the tournament for the second time in three years, appeared set for an easy victory when Karim Benzema gave them a ninth-minute lead but Shibasaki changed the story by levelling one minute before half-time.

Kashima were the first Asian team to reach the final although they qualified for the tournament as champions of host nation Japan. The Asian champions Jeonbuk Motors had lost in the quarter-finals.

Real went ahead when Luka Modric’s volley was parried by Hitoshi Sogahata and Benzema tapped in the rebound. Kashima refused to be overawed, continued playing their neat football and snatched a shock equaliser just before the break.

Shoma Doi’s cross found Shibasaki, whose first touch was poor but he was gifted a second attempt when Raphaël Varane failed to clear and he smashed the ball into the net.

Shibasaki struck again six minutes after the break when he collected a poor Real clearance, got away from three opponents and fired a low shot past Keylor Navas from 25 yards.

Real were facing their first defeat since they lost to Wolfsburg in April, a run of 36 competitive games, until Lucas Vázquez was bundled over by Shuto Yamamoto and Ronaldo converted the resulting penalty on the hour.

Kashima continued to give as good as they got and had three good chances in the final minutes of normal time. Fabricio’s goalbound drive was tipped over by Navas and the Costa Rica goalkeeper came to the rescue again one minute later by blocking Mu Kanazaki’s shot after he got free of the Real defence.

Yasushi Endo could have won it with the last kick but fired wide at the far post while Ramos was lucky to escape a second yellow card for a push.

Ronaldo ended Kashima’s dream when he collected Benzema’s sliderule pass and fired past Sogahata eight minutes into extra-time, then settled the match six minutes later with an emphatic finish into the roof of the net.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 am 
Major General
Major General

Unbeaten in last 37 games now ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I can't say I watch them very often but a lot of what I read suggests they're not actually that impressive but they just grind out results because they have so much quality in the side.

I know it's a club that defines itself by the European Cup but surely they need to win La Liga this season.

It's strange because they've won 2 of the last 3 European Cups but very few would say they're the best team in the world right now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 pm 
Major General
Major General

I think they have been bit lucky but they have been solid in league despite Ronaldo not scoring enough and not putting much load on knee.

Its always small group of 2-3 teams in any era which can beat each other ..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next