AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Real Madrid are buying.....
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
update

Ronaldo
Kaka
Drogba
Ribery
Tevez
Valencia
Messi
Iniesta
Xabi
Alonso
Beckham
Gerrard
Ibrahimovic
Krasic

(intersting defence)

with a mangement team of

Wenger
Mourinho
Zidane

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Florentino Perez is confident of being able to tempt the majority of his transfer targets to Real Madrid if he is elected president, and promised fans of "a great team and a great coach".

Perez is the overwhelming favourite to return to the post he held from 2000-06 and could be installed as president as early as Monday without the need for elections if no other candidates step forward before the May 31 deadline.

There had originally been three other candidates who had announced they would be mounting bids, but Eugenio Martinez Bravo, Juan Onieva and Eduardo Garcia have all pulled out of the running in the last fortnight, with the 57.4million euro bank guarantee seeming to be the big stumbling block.

The latest of those trio to withdraw was Garcia on Thursday, and that has paved the way for Perez to be elected unopposed on June 1 unless another valid candidate presents themselves in the next couple of day.

Despite seemingly having a free run to the presidency, Perez has still continued his election campaign as originally planned.

And although he has yet to name any names with regards his playing and coaching targets, the architect of Madrid's famous 'galacticos' policy insists the world's leading stars will be eager to join the club.

In recent years the likes of David Villa, Santi Cazorla and other players have all rebuffed Madrid's advances, but Perez believes it could be a different story this summer if he returns to power.

"I'm sure that now the majority of the players are going to want to come to Madrid, to a new project...," Perez said.

Madrid have been linked with a host of players over the last few months since it emerged that Perez, who in his previous stint in charge presided over the signings of players such as Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Ronaldo and David Beckham, could be on his way back.

Two of the biggest names are Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo, players that Madrid have long been courting, and Perez was quizzed about both.

With regards AC Milan playmaker Kaka, Perez said in Marca: "Until the competitions finish we are not going to talk with the clubs, but I've always spoken of my great relationship with (Milan vice-president Adriano) Galliani and this relationship maybe makes it easier that Kaka comes to Madrid.

"I've talked with Galliani many times about football and also about Kaka, but this is a theme that we have to postpone until after Sunday."

Perez was also asked about Manchester United winger Ronaldo, with the presidential hopeful saying: "He's also a player that would be very good if he came to Real Madrid. What I know is what I've read, that there is an agreement by means of which he would come for £80million..."

Asked if he would pay that amount, Perez added: "Next week we will look at the numbers and nobody should doubt that we are going to design with our sporting advisors a spectacular project."

Aside from those two players, media reports suggest Madrid are also looking at the likes of Franck Ribery, David Villa, David Silva, Xabi Alonso and plenty of others.

With different players being linked virtually every other day, Perez admits there are unlikely to be any surprises when they do finally start bringing players in.

"It's impossible (for a surprise signing), in the last three months all the players in the world have been talked about. There aren't any more players to talk about. I'm grateful that everybody has placed with me some great hopes and I'm going to try and not disappoint them.

"But also I have to say that not everyone can come, among other things because they won't all fit. We also need to move some players out before some come in."

Madrid are also believed to be on the look-out for a new coach, with Juande Ramos' six-month contract expiring this summer.

As with the players, Madrid are also being linked with the creme de le creme of coaches, such as Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Manuel Pellegrini.

Perez was again reluctant to go into any detail about their targets, but said: "There is a short list of coaches, but no decision has been taken.

"We are going to have a great coach."

If Perez's becomes president he will inherit a club that has lost its mantle of top dogs in Spain to arch rivals Barcelona.

Madrid may have won back-to-back league titles prior to this season but they have looked streets behind Barca this term, with Pep Guardiola's all-conquering side having become the first Spanish team to win the treble of league, cup and European Cup.

Perez admits Madrid have plenty of ground to catch up on the Catalan giants.

"The great season Barcelona have had serves to encourage me. We are going to make a big effort to recover the lost time. We need to recover in a year the lost time, but we are going to do it," he said.

"We need to do a great job. We have many players and we have to have other players as well. I'm going to work with all my hopes to have a winning team from this very season."

(re-opens) He did insist, however, that he has never been interested in bringing Inter Milan coach Mourinho to the Bernabeu.

"A lot has been written these days," Perez told Cadena Ser. "I'm not going to talk until I am president. And when I am, of the three who are being mentioned, we will choose the best.

"What I can say is that the three that we are considering are very homogeneous. And Mourinho has never been in our agenda. No-one has ever spoken to him."

Perez admitted that he is a big fan of Pellegrini, who is under contract at Valencia, adding that he will work hard to bring in the right people to help Madrid recover "lost time".

The presidential hopeful also revealed that he hopes to sign at least five big-name players to propel the Spanish giants back to the top.

"I would be delighted with Pellegrini and Kaka," he added. "But no-one has talked with Pellegrini.

"When I enter Madrid I will look at Ronaldo's supposed release-clause. It's very good but all release clauses are negotiable.

"I like him because he is one of the best in the world.

"We have to recover lost time. With respect to all the players, the change in team was not done in the right way.

"When Zidane retired, what should have been done was to bring in another star like Kaka and when Beckham left they should have signed Cristiano Ronaldo.

"So we will look at the numbers and will do everything possible so that this year we have a great team.

"I calculate that there will be around five or six signings counting the best in the world and the best of Spain.

"We can create a spectacular team to fight not only with Barca, but also with Manchester United, Chelsea and all the other greats."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The Spanish club are looking to strengthen their backline next season...

Reports in England claim that Real Madrid are interested in signing Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic this summer.

All the talk so far in the Spanish capital has been about Kaka and a host of other attacking options, but it should not forgotten that most of Madrid's problems are in defence.

Even though in the second-half of the campaign they did improve at the back, they will have to do without Fabio Cannavaro next season and need a replacement.

They will also be without Pepe for the first four games of the season due to suspension, and have little cover at centre-back.

Hence, The Independent claims that Madrid are ready to make a massive €30 million bid for Manchester United defender Vidic.

Since joining United, the Serbian has turned into one of the best defenders in England and his partnership with Rio Ferdinand has been key in the success of the Red Devils this year.

Nevertheless, it is reported that his wife has failed to adapt to the conditions in England and she would prefer a move to a hotter climate.

That factor could well be the key to any potential deal as there is no doubt that with Florentino Perez at the helm, Madrid could make an offer as substantial as €30 million.

The president has stated that he has learned from his mistakes in the past this time around, and signing a defender of Vidic's calibre would go some way to proving that.

Despite the report though, Silvano Martina, agent to Vidic, revealed yesterday that he did not think the defender would leave United.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:24 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has wasted little time in stepping up his Galactico policy after revealing he will 'work to bring Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo' to the Bernabeu.

The Spanish giants are currently in negotiations to lure the former from AC Milan but Perez's admission with regards Ronaldo is likely to infuriate Sir Alex Ferguson and Old Trafford officials.

Speculation has suggested a deal could already be in place to take Ronaldo to the Spanish capital, but Perez concedes he knows nothing of any such arrangement.

He is, though, steadfast in his thinking that the Portuguese wide man is a player he will pursue throughout the summer, as he bids to restore Real to their former glories.
High praise

"Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the best players in the world," Perez told Atena 3.

"I'm going to work to bring Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

"I've been here a few days and neither (former president, Vicente) Boluda nor anyone else has talked to me about this supposed agreement.

"What would be very good is to see these great players at Real Madrid this season. Cristiano would be one of these."

Perez looks to be close to making his first signing since returning as president, with Madrid on the verge of completing a world-record transfer deal for Kaka.

Chelsea denial

On Tuesday it looked as though Chelsea were ready to hijack the bid but the Premier League club issued a statement denying reports they had made a £73.3million offer to Milan, a turn of events that has delighted Perez.

"This statement is an advantage," he added. "If Chelsea are not competing with us it is good news.

"The problem wouldn't be the presentation of Kaka, the problem would be if we are capable of fixing it so he plays for Real Madrid.

"We have good relations with Milan. I'm a friend of (general manager, Adriano) Galliani which will make this agreement easier. Moreover, the player has shown his desire to play for us."

Alternative targets

While Perez's public pursuit of Kaka and Ronaldo is making the headlines, he has also admitted to being a fan of David Villa and Diego Forlan.

Both players have been linked with Los Merengues in recent days and Perez conceded he admired both players when quizzed on Spanish television.

"It is a difficult question because I like those two of a lot too. They are both great players," he added.

"I cannot speak about signing them, but any president would like to see both of them playing in his team."

Uncertain futures

Veteran Real pair Raul and Guti were also mentioned and Perez was unable to give categorical assurances that the duo still had a future at Madrid, as he looks to bring in new players and reduce the club's squad size.

While stopping short of guaranteeing they would still be at the club next season, he concedes their importance to Madrid's heritage.

"In Spain you can only have a 25-man squad. At the moment we have 28 players and we want to bring in five or six so I think that we will have to let around nine go," he continued.

"Is Raul on this list? Raul is undisputable, a symbol. It would be difficult to see him go.

"Guti is loved by the fans and he deserves that affection and the respect of everyone."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has revealed the Spanish giants are pursuing Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery.

AC Milan playmaker Kaka looks ever more likely to move to the Spanish capital and Perez confirmed on Thursday he is working to bring in Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo too.

And he has now set his eyes on a third target as he looks to build a team that can challenge treble-winners Barcelona.

"I'm going to meet with my friends (Bayern president) Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and (general manager) Uli Hoeness to ask them about their intentions (for Ribery)," Perez told L'Equipe.

"I hope to be able to count on him for this year."

Reports suggest Kaka will officially become a Madrid player early next week.

There was a fear Chelsea could swoop in for the Brazilian, but the Premier League club have denied making a bid and Perez is confident Kaka will be at the Bernabeu shortly.

He added: "I think if Kaka leaves Milan it will be to join Real. I am very optimistic."

Perez's first stint in charge was during the famous Galacticos era where Madrid shelled out for big names such as Luis Figo, David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane.

Since his return on Monday it has looked like Perez is planning on doing the same this time around, but he insists he is also going to focus on youth.

"I want to build a team with the best players of the world," he said. "With the best Spanish players and not forgetting the academy."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Real Madrid are preparing to step-up their campaign to sign Cristiano Ronaldo amid suggestions that not signing him would cost the club €30m (£26.2m).

The outlandish claim that Madrid will trigger a penalty clause if they end up passing on the Manchester United player surfaced after the club's vice-president, Fernando Tapias, appeared on Spanish Radio station Cadena COPE. He was asked about the infamous alleged pre-contract agreement between former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon and Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes made last summer.

It was put to him that the agreement stipulated that Madrid would either have to pay €90m to sign Ronaldo or a €30m penalty if they did not, and Tapias responded: "Yes... but that is not our fault. Ronaldo is a great player. I remember when I was last at the club and [Luis] Figo was here telling people about him. He is one of the best players in the world. That he has a special character and that the price is exorbitant is also true. Maybe Fifa should put a €50m cap on transfers."

The suggestion that the previous Madrid regime have lumbered the new president Florentino Perez with the obligation to sign Ronaldo is being viewed by some as unlikely – especially the €30m penalty – and the club may simply be using it as the perfect excuse for Perez, who may later be criticised for over-spending on the Portuguese international by his own supporters.

It also signals the start of a new media offensive designed to highlight the club's clear intention to go for the world's most commercially lucrative player. Perez has been on an interview marathon since officially becoming president earlier in the week, repeating the mantra that signing the most expensive players was often the cheapest way to bring prosperity to the club.

He said: "People say that [Zinedine] Zidane was the most expensive signing but he turned out to be the cheapest in many ways. It was that type of signing that made us the club with the highest income in the world.

"When [David] Beckham came we went from earning €7m a year to €45m a year through our deals with our sponsors. We salvaged the situation of the club. If Cristiano Ronaldo comes, even though he is currently with Nike, he then puts on an Adidas shirt every week. There are certain players who are very profitable because they have spectacular commercial repercussions that earn the club money."

Despite vice-president Tapias' calls for a Fifa cap on transfers set at €50m, Real Madrid are expected to complete the €56m signing of Kaka on Monday. After Chelsea denied any bids had been tabled from Stamford Bridge Madrid were left as sole bidders and Milan were last night attempting to appease supporters upset by the departure of their hero.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, who met with Perez on Monday to negotiate Kaka's sale, said: "We cannot keep justifying losing €70m a season." As The Independent reported on Tuesday, Kaka will sign for five years for €9m a season. The Brazil midfielder has been given the option of Zidane's old No 5 shirt.

Kaka is understood to be keen for the transfer to be announced but Silvio Berlusconi will not do so until Monday, leaving time for the European Elections to pass and for a potential replacement for Kaka to be found.

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is understood to be one big-name possibility after the Catalan club admitted they would be unlikely to turn down a "considerable offer" for the 28-year-old, whose contract runs out at the end of next season.

In another twist to the soap opera unfolding in Milan, Madrid and Manchester, Berlusconi, seemingly ignoring his vice-president's concerns over the club's annual losses, last night said he spoke to Ronaldo when he shook his hand in the medal presentation ceremony after the Champions League final. He said: "I told him 'I would love to see you wearing the red and black of Milan next season'."

Real rich: Where Madrid's money comes from

* Clubs in Spain are free to negotiate separate deals rather than central contracts. Madrid signed a £700m seven-year deal with MediaPro in 2006, seeing them easily top £100m a year, double United's earnings.

* Their bids for top players are also aided by Spain's tax laws – foreign players pay tax at just 23 per cent for their first five years. In England the 50p tax means clubs have to pay more to match wages on offer in Spain.

* The club's status in Spain helps them maintain their place at the forefront of European football. All debts they hold are with local banks, rather than relying on American billionaires or Russian oil companies. These banks are pressured to allow Madrid certain unwritten privileges, such as low interest repayments on loans. Their stature and standing in the country means they are unaffected by issues that could affect smaller clubs.

* Real Madrid have finished top of the Deloitte Money League for four years. The Bernabeu enjoys the third-highest average attendance in Europe while overseas trips generate revenue through ticket and merchandise sales.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mr Carrot wrote:
It was put to him that the agreement stipulated that Madrid would either have to pay €90m to sign Ronaldo or a €30m penalty if they did not, and Tapias responded: "Yes... but that is not our fault. Ronaldo is a great player. I remember when I was last at the club and [Luis] Figo was here telling people about him. He is one of the best players in the world. That he has a special character and that the price is exorbitant is also true. Maybe Fifa should put a €50m cap on transfers."

Or perhaps they should impose rules stopping clubs speaking to the press about other players and even setting up these "pre contract" agreements with players who don't belong to them. Wait a minute they already exist but Real choose to ignore them.

Wait till Fergie gets back off his holiday he will be fuming over what's happening.

As for the Nike deal surely Messi would be more commercially valuable to them as he wears Adidas like Kaka who make there shirts so they could really milk that one. The money they received from Becks was largely down to that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:31 pm 
Major General
Major General

If spain rules are so damn good england should follow them ...

ribery would be a great buy alongwith KAKA but Perez must look to defense as real scored over 80+ goal last season and they were poor in last 5 games coz barca had won ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Post subject: Kakalicious
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:59 pm 
Major General
Major General

Valencia playmaker David Silva has admitted he is flattered by Real Madrid's reported interest in his signature.

Real are said to be eyeing an offer for Silva, while Liverpool continue to be linked with an approach.

Los Che are struggling for finances and it is suggested Silva and his Spanish compatriot David Villa are set for exits this summer.

Silva, though, has stressed he remains committed to Valencia, despite Real's alleged overtures.

"I don't know anything about what happened because I was at home in the Canaries and I still haven't talked to my agents," he said. "But Valencia should be calm.

"That a team like Real Madrid are interested is good for Valencia and for me.

"At the moment I am focused on the national team, I hope everything works out well.

"It's flattering that a team like Real Madrid are interested but at the moment I am at Valencia."

=============
I would prefer him than ribery ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:35 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Highscores: 1
Mr Carrot wrote:
* Their bids for top players are also aided by Spain's tax laws – foreign players pay tax at just 23 per cent for their first five years. In England the 50p tax means clubs have to pay more to match wages on offer in Spain.

Can't see how that's legal under EU regulations setting different levels of taxation for different EU citizens. I'm guessing if that one got taken to the European Court it may get a bit of a rough ride.

And there was naive me thinking Spain was a socialist country!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:54 am 
Major General
Major General

So thats kaka and ronaldo in and if rumours are to be believed villa and silva of valencia are heading to madrid too..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:26 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
So thats kaka and ronaldo in and if rumours are to be believed villa and silva of valencia are heading to madrid too..

I thought it was only Villa who was going?

Still Perez is under pressure to invest in Spanish players as they are probably the best international side in the world and fans want to see those players at Madrid problem is most of the good ones play for Liverpool and Barcelona.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Los Blancos’ mammoth bid for a certain Portuguese has even got La Seleccion talking as their preparations for the Confederations Cup were momentarily disrupted.

As the whole of Europe awoke on Thursday morning to the news that Manchester United had accepted Real Madrid’s gargantuan €94 million offer for Cristiano Ronaldo, the Spanish national team also felt the reverberations of the record-breaking transfer bid as they prepared for the FIFA Confederations Cup.

Santi Cazorla had said that he would only pay such an exorbitant amount for Andres Iniesta, while striker Dani Guiza called the transaction “madness”. Now, two other players have given their opinion on the matter.

“He is one of the best players in the world,” said Juan Mata, “and Madrid are a side who sign top-class players. He is one of them.”

Goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who could be sharing the dressing room with 'CR7' soon, told Telecinco, “If you have to pay €94m for him, then he must be worth it.

“He has already proven himself, and if he comes to boost our squad, then he will be welcomed.

“I was already asked about this when [Zinedine] Zidane arrived and I said the same thing. And we all saw the results.”

The rest of the Seleccion may have had a light banter during their training session about Ronaldo’s transfer, but they are aware that one of them could be Los Blancos’ subsequent target.

AS is certain that it will be either Xabi Alonso or David Villa who will be next to grab all the headlines, with the latter being the favourite, as Madrid chief Florentino Perez now looks set to inject some Spanish influence into the team as promised.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
1405 BST: Big-spending Real Madrid have set their sights on Arsenal defender Gael Clichy.
( The Independent)

:wave: to all the Arsenal fans who sent me messages yesterday over Ronaldo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

JSP wrote:
Quote:
1405 BST: Big-spending Real Madrid have set their sights on Arsenal defender Gael Clichy.
( The Independent)

lmao well that's a surprise - you think they maybe need some defenders??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

From AGR: 'Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insists that the club will not go into debt after the signing of Kaka and the imminent arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo.'

Really? That sounds slightly unlikely. And as it turns out, it's exactly that.

'Perez insists that all the funds would be coming from within the club, as he highlighted how he believed the deals could increase the club's revenue.

'"On the contrary, we think we can improve our accounts by aiming for three goals," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

'"Increasing ticket sales, increasing bank loans and increasing the club's economic value."

Hang on - you want to reduce Real's debt by increasing bank loans?

How the f**k does that work?

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Welcome To Madrid!
No doubt the Spanish press will be full of quotes from grateful Real Madrid players saying how wonderful it is that Ronaldo has signed for the club, but it's worth remembering a few words from his future teammates.

Said Iker Casillas on May 12: "Ronaldo and Kaka are great players but we don't have to keep returning to these names. What we need is a team that compete with Barcelona and one player doesn't change a team. I believe a team always forms together and there cannot be a player that changes everything."

Said Wesley Sneijder on July 17, 2008: "I've seen Ronaldo disappear in some of United's big games."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ManMoreFyahYoo wrote:
JSP wrote:
Quote:
( The Independent)

lmao well that's a surprise - you think they maybe need some defenders??

Apparently, Vidic and Evra are also on the hit list.... :ohmy:

I think they should just change their name to Madridester United.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

According to analyst real would earn 124million(euro) every year on kaka ronaldo merchandise.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

pakrooney wrote:
According to analyst real would earn 124million(euro) every year on kaka ronaldo merchandise.

How have they worked that out though?

I'm actually intrigued to know how Real can even begin to earn the money back... especially considering wages and the fact Ronaldo is on for a 25% increase in wages year on year!

The Galacticos era left lasting damage on the club's finances if I remember rightly... this looks even more catastrophic on paper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next