AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Real Madrid are buying.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 am 
Major General
Major General

I think only with beckham their merchandise sale went upto 137% ... so its not mind boggling as kaka and ronaldo are most hottest player in world of football.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

pakrooney wrote:
I think only with beckham their merchandise sale went upto 137% ... so its not mind boggling as kaka and ronaldo are most hottest player in world of football.

Beckham was more marketable than those two in his time at Madrid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

according to the guardian real have put the following up for sale :

Van da Man
Wesley sneijder
drenthe
saviola
mohammed diarra
arjen robben
rafael van der vaart

and more importantly

Klass Jan Hooontelaaar... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:07 am 
Major General
Major General

Fergie get sneijder / van der vaart ..if possible get diarra too ..and KJH .plus tevez :D

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:08 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I'd leave Diarra where he is. Hasn't impressed me since going to Real

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
Fergie get sneijder / van der vaart ..if possible get diarra too ..and KJH .plus tevez :D

3 massively over rated players in that list Sneijder/VDV if they're not good enough for the current real side they're not good enough for us. We're still better than Real Madrid these guys are luxury players who aren't consistent enough. Diarra again not sure on him he's got similar problems and he's a poor man Lass Diarra who'd i'd rather have as I know he can play in the prem and did it pretty well at Pompey.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
My thinking exactly. Real are selling these guys because they aren't good enough. Can SAF get more out of The Hunter? It'd be risky to find out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 am 
General
General

Monkeylove wrote:
pakrooney wrote:

Beckham was more marketable than those two in his time at Madrid

Yeah but Beckham has moved on, and Real have to replace their off-the-field money train. And what better way than to buy up most of the next generation of highly marketable world stars?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 am 
Major General
Major General

But what's Ronaldo meant to do with his CR7 brand?

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 am 
General
General

Devil_Spawn wrote:

I suspect United have some say on his old brand? Pass. Ronaldo trademarked "CR09" (or 'CR9'?) shortly before his Real move though - so I assume he'll just change number.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:36 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

I suspect United have some say on his old brand? Pass. Ronaldo trademarked "CR09" (or 'CR9'?) shortly before his Real move though - so I assume he'll just change number.

I thought the brand was his own? I dunno though, maybe it wasn't. CR9 is a bit naff, he should stay at United so he can keep CR7!!

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:40 am 
General
General

Devil_Spawn wrote:
conscience wrote:
Devil_Spawn wrote:

I thought the brand was his own? I dunno though, maybe it wasn't. CR9 is a bit naff, he should stay at United so he can keep CR7!!

Pass. Might be? But maybe United had something to do with it as he changed it not just took it with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

conscience wrote:
Yeah but Beckham has moved on, and Real have to replace their off-the-field money train. And what better way than to buy up most of the next generation of highly marketable world stars?

Having the two of them is the closest they'll get but I reckon even the two of them put together still wouldn't touch Beckham for marketability and with the ridiculous sums they're throwing at the them, they're heading for a fall in the mid-to-long term.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

CR7 is a Nike brand so all they'll do is change it to CR9 he also plans to use that brand to build hotels and things like that in Madiera to give back to where he came from.

He's shot himself in the foot commercially though as Madrid will take a huge chunk of his commercial earnings to pay for him like they did with the other galactico's. That's why they pay them such ridiculous wages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 am 
General
General

WithingtonRed wrote:
Having the two of them is the closest they'll get but I reckon even the two of them put together still wouldn't touch Beckham for marketability and with the ridiculous sums they're throwing at the them, they're heading for a fall in the mid-to-long term.

Yeah I agree Becks was a one off marketing wise. But Ronaldo is probably the next closest thing at the moment. I read the increase in DB7 shirt revenue repaid his transfer three times in the first year alone, so if Madrid do half as well with Kaka or Ronnie they've still recouped their entire outlay in under a year.

Their fall will be one of egos, not one of finance methinks, because if they spend it all the King of Spain or the Spanish government will just give them some more money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:15 am 
General
General

JSP wrote:
CR7 is a Nike brand so all they'll do is change it to CR9 he also plans to use that brand to build hotels and things like that in Madiera to give back to where he came from.

He's shot himself in the foot commercially though as Madrid will take a huge chunk of his commercial earnings to pay for him like they did with the other galactico's. That's why they pay them such ridiculous wages.

The story I read said CR had trademarked CR9 - not Nike?

Too right. Players effectively take a pay cut to go there. Madness.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:17 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

conscience wrote:
Yeah I agree Becks was a one off marketing wise. But Ronaldo is probably the next closest thing at the moment. I read the increase in DB7 shirt revenue repaid his transfer three times in the first year alone, so if Madrid do half as well with Kaka or Ronnie they've still recouped their entire outlay in under a year.

Their fall will be one of egos, not one of finance methinks, because if they spend it all the King of Spain or the Spanish government will just give them some more money.

Ronaldo is a bit of a juggernaught in marketing terms just not in England as everyone here who isn't a Utd fan hates him. Before the world cup in 06 he was in a Suzuki advert within 1 week of his wink at the ref his shots were cut from the advert and apart from the odd one for Nike he doesn't advertise anything else. In other countries though he's incredibly popular and Madrid know this so will milk him for every penny.

Local council help aswell as they know Madrid is so important to the capitals image when someone says Madrid people think of Real and the club use this to make sure they get help whenever they ask.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:18 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

conscience wrote:

Maybe it is his but it's definitely something to do with Nike as well maybe they use his TM on there clothes in a partnership type thing like becks did with Adidas.

Do they hell they pay something like 5% tax at Madrid compared to 40% in England so there take home pay goes through the roof as foreign nationals pay less tax.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am 
General
General

JSP wrote:
conscience wrote:

Maybe it is his but it's definitely something to do with Nike as well maybe they use his TM on there clothes in a partnership type thing like becks did with Adidas.

Do they hell they pay something like 5% tax at Madrid compared to 40% in England so there take home pay goes through the roof as foreign nationals pay less tax.

I meant in terms of how much of their extracurricular income they were allowed to keep and not hand over to the club, not tax wise. IIRC the Spanish tax laws are a bit bent in favour of newcomers? The UK can't compete with that. Plus 5% of brand Beckham at it's peak had to be at least worth the tax break he was getting I'd imagine?

It was widely reported at the time that, tax aside, Beckham was actually taking a pay cut to join Madrid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

:D
conscience wrote:
I meant in terms of how much of their extracurricular income they were allowed to keep and not hand over to the club, not tax wise. IIRC the Spanish tax laws are a bit bent in favour of newcomers? The UK can't compete with that. Plus 5% of brand Beckham at it's peak had to be at least worth the tax break he was getting I'd imagine?

It was widely reported at the time that, tax aside, Beckham was actually taking a pay cut to join Madrid.

Who knows he obviously had more control of his image rights at Utd than he did over there as he wasn't in a strong position to negotiate. Real wanted him but they weren't desperate and we were kind of forcing him out at the time as Fergie was sick of the "brand Beckham" aka Posh Spice :D

I guess it depends on whats included is it his sports endorsements or everything else such as Pepsi, Armani etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next