AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The general Real Madrid thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:34 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid have expressed an interest in Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, according to the player and his father.

The German, 23, has eight caps for his country, and played 36 games last season as Valencia finished fourth in La Liga.

Mustafi made one appearance for Everton between 2009 and 2011, before moving to Sampdoria.

The 23-year-old told German broadcasters Sport1: "At the moment I'm on holiday, but who wouldn't be happy that Madrid express an interest for you? This is a result of hard work."

His father, Kujtim Mustafi, revealed Real had been interested in the German for some time.

"It's true, there has been contact via telephone regarding this matter," he also told Sport1.

"Some of these calls took place last season. Madrid is a great club and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be proud of my son signing for this club."

Mustafi's agent, Ali Bulut, meanwhile, revealed Barcelona had also enquired about a player that Valencia only signed for €8million from Sampdoria last summer.

"There have been direct enquiries from Real Madrid. But no further conversations nor negotiations," Bulat told Bild.

"Barcelona have also been in touch with us with a view to incorporating Musfati in the winter transfer window"

"(But) Mustafi has a good contract at Valencia, a great club, and for him to leave Mestalla, everything would need to be perfect."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
RE: Ramos, still can't ever see it happening. Would be a great signing but we've been here countless times and it nearly always ends in a contract extension and us fans disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
RE: Ramos, still can't ever see it happening. Would be a great signing but we've been here countless times and it nearly always ends in a contract extension and us fans disappointed.

At Madrid Ronaldo is sort of the exception to the rule when a player at Madrid gets into a contract dispute he normally gets sold a lot of people in Spain are reporting that the fall out between Ramos & Perez is real it reaced tipping point last week but has apparetly calmed down after a meeting last week. Thinking about it there aren't many players who actually renew a contract at Madrid most players are only there for 2-3 seasons before they get moved on and those who expect big pay rises are often the ones who are shipped out. The heat seems to have died down on it over the weekend following the apparent meeting towards the back end of last week.

I like you still think this gets resolved even if they are looking at other defenders that's probably because they need them they only have 3 CB's as far as I can tell (Pepe, Ramos & Varane) so they probably need a 4th in the squad.

Madrid as a club are not afraid of moving players on they're pretty ruthless when it comes to these sort of things even with fan favourites

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Apparently Casillas to Porto is a done deal.

Expect things to move quickly on De Gea in next few days

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Iker Casillas left out the back door, alone. At 10.21pm on Saturday night it was finally official: Real Madrid’s captain was leaving the club and Spain’s captain was leaving the country, destination Porto. It was five years almost to the minute since his save helped win the World Cup in Johannesburg, 17 since he was pulled out of a technical drawing class to travel to Norway in the Champions League, and 25 since he joined Madrid, aged nine. Now, aged 34, he had gone.

There was no happy ending but at least there was an ending. There needed to be one because the situation had become untenable. The last few years have been divisive, damaging ones; years in which José Mourinho saw a sinner and made a martyr of the man they had called the saint, in which he was whistled by some supporters, and in which the president showed him the door with ever-decreasing subtlety.

Perhaps the best demonstration of that was this: there was something telling and uncomfortably fitting about the way it ended. On a Sunday morning, in an empty stadium, no trophies, no videos, no embrace. Nobody, in fact.

Casillas has played 725 games for Madrid and has won every trophy there is: winner of three European Cups and five league titles, as well as two European Championships and the World Cup with Spain. The club captain, he has been there for quarter of a century and had intended to be there his entire life. But Madrid did not want him and did not wave him off. He came in on his own, sat on his own and left on his own. His former team-mates were on a plane to Australia, president Florentino Pérez was not present and no director accompanied him. There were none even in the room. There were no fans in the stadium, either, although a few had gathered outside.

Some had turned up two days earlier, expecting a big send-off on Friday, proudly announced in the press, but final negotiations to rescind his contract had become bitter and the deal had momentarily fallen through. By the time it was put together, both sides’ only satisfaction came from seeing the back of each other. The send-off had been cancelled, if there had genuinely been plans for one in the first place. It is not clear why, but reports suggested that Casillas had turned down the opportunity, seeing it as hypocritical, the insincere embrace of a club that forced him out.

And so all there was on Sunday was this, and it was not much. “This should only take 30 seconds but I think I’ll take an hour,” Casillas said when he appeared at the Santiago Bernabéu, laying his statement on the desk – polite but unremarkable words of thanks – and blowing out his cheeks. Cameras surrounded him, clicking frantically. “You’ll get another one with tears,” he said. “Right,” he continued, then coughed, voice cracking. “Erm ... first, thanks,” he began again, but again he had to stop, trying to prevent himself from crying. “I told you the first photo would be no use,” he said. They had their tears now.

“Look, I have to read this,” he insisted. Eventually, slowly, he did. And then he got up and he was gone. He had been there for nine minutes and that was it. Over. No homage, no warmth, not even any questions. They would have been awkward, damaging ones; the simplest question of all perhaps the most cutting: “Why?” How did it come to this?

The battle around Casillas has often been vicious and is one in which some of his defenders did him more harm than good. The lines were clearly drawn when Mourinho dropped him in December 2012 and the consequences were lasting. Casillas has not been the same since, but nor has he been anywhere near as bad as his fiercest critics claim. The coach had diagnosed the decline, said some. He provoked it, said others – if they recognised it at all.

But it was about more than just playing, it was about personalities and politics and Casillas’s reputation became increasingly damaged – the goalkeeper standing accused of leaking dressing room secrets and of lacking professionalism. He was protected by the media, his detractors complained, but protection was certainly not offered from the club. In one interview he admitted to feeling “alone”.

Those scars remain; relationships have not been repaired. There is a divide that has become entrenched and purely footballing criteria have been buried beneath politics and phobias; it is not just about the player but the legend and the legends.

If there had been questions, that would have been broached and now was not the time; now was the time just to get away. It was hard enough for him to keep it together anyway. They might have asked Casillas about his parents’ comments too. Had they spoken for him? Were they right? On the morning that he said goodbye, an interview was published in which they blamed Pérez but from which no one emerges well, including their son with whom they admit that they no longer talk.

According to Casillas’s parents, Pérez never rated Casillas because he was not one of his own signings and because he was “short”, but the relationship really soured when they demanded compensation from Madrid over a break-up with Casillas’s then-agent. “The campaign to tarnish Iker has been orchestrated by Florentino since 2010; he has suffered for many years,” Casillas’s mother, Mari Carmen, told El Mundo. “They have vilified him; it’s been an attempt to hunt him and destroy him,” said his father José Luis.

They could have asked about that but there were no questions, no celebration, no thanks, and no send-off, no fond farewell. Instead, there were just journalists who watched and listened as the Real Madrid captain who has won it all walked in, read a statement, and nine minutes later walked out again, tears in his eyes, alone. Briefly, they clapped. There was no one else there to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I've always liked Casillas. I hope he goes on to find himself and some happiness at Porto.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
I've always liked Casillas. I hope he goes on to find himself and some happiness at Porto.

Always got the impression that behind the scenes he might be a bit big time but the way he's left just shows you what Madrid is all about.

I know the circumstances were slightly different but compare his exit to Gerrards Cassilas deserved a hero send off.

Porto should be a good place for him to see out his final years they're always challenging for domestic trophies and normally reach knockout rounds in Europe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Legend :thumbup: :bow:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
JSP wrote:
Apparently Casillas to Porto is a done deal.

Expect things to move quickly on De Gea in next few days

This strengthens our position, we know they'll be even more desperate for Dave now. Apparently no official approach has been made from Madrid for him. Makes you wonder what they're waiting for. Perhaps we've told them unless you're breaking the record for a GK, or giving us Ramos, don't bother.

For once we're in a position of strength with them and we seem to be digging our heels in which I love.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Serbinator wrote:
This strengthens our position, we know they'll be even more desperate for Dave now. Apparently no official approach has been made from Madrid for him. Makes you wonder what they're waiting for. Perhaps we've told them unless you're breaking the record for a GK, or giving us Ramos, don't bother.

For once we're in a position of strength with them and we seem to be digging our heels in which I love.

I expect the deal for Dave is pretty much done the Casillas stuff probably won't effect it but if it isn't agreed Utd's position is strengthened as they are a bit more desperate now but I expect them to apply the pressure to DDG to start playing silly games to force the move whether or not he'll do that I don't know but so far he seems to be acting like a pro about it.

DDG has apprently left on tour with Utd but I'd be surprised if he's still a Utd player by the time they return but it might be that Utd have told them they'd rather keep him 1 more year and risk losing him for nothing than let him go unless Madrid are prepared to pay silly fees for him.

Reports are with Casillas leaving Ramos will be made captain to cheer him up and obviously they'll bump his contract to suit so I think that one is done and dusted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just seen this.

The first galacticos era officially finished.

http://prntscr.com/7sr89y

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 am 
Major General
Major General

Everything has shelf life ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 am 
Major General
Major General

Everything has shelf life ..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United target Sergio Ramos will not leave Real Madrid this summer, according to the Spanish club's boss Rafael Benitez.

United bid £28m for the 29-year-old Spain defender but it was rejected by Real, who want United keeper David De Gea.

But Benitez said: "I see Sergio as an integral part of our team. He's a winner and that's what we need.

"The president has already commented that he is staying with the club."

The former Liverpool and Chelsea boss, who was appointed by Real in June, added: "I have spoken to Ramos at length in the summer about his ideas, about his future.

"For me, he is an enormous professional. He does everything that the team and I ask of him."

United had hoped to use Real's interest in Spain goalkeeper De Gea in an attempt to sign Ramos, believing the defender was keen to move after the Spanish club failed to offer him an extension to his contract, which expires in 2017.

Ramos is part of the Real squad on a pre-season tour of Australia and China and reports have suggested he will be named club captain this season following the departure of Iker Casillas to Porto.

Ramos scored Real's injury-time equaliser in their Champions League final victory over Atletico Madrid in 2014 and has made 445 appearances for the club since joining from Sevilla in 2005.

He has 128 Spain caps and was in the starting line-up as they won Euro 2008, the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United’s pursuit of Sergio Ramos has suffered a serious setback after the Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez told the defender that he would not be sold under any circumstances, during a long meeting in Guangzhou, China.

Although there are still five weeks of the transfer window remaining, the belief from some quarters is that Ramos’s departure is now impossible and United are considering their next move. Ramos has not agreed a contract renewal at the Bernabéu and it is not yet clear whether he has finally given up on the move.

The meeting, which ran into Sunday night, was attended by Pérez, Ramos, José Ángel Sánchez, Madrid’s chief executive, and Ramos’s brother and agent, René. Ramos reiterated his desire to join United, who have made two formal bids for the defender, but Pérez outright refused to countenance a sale. With two years left on his current contract, Ramos’s ability to force Madrid’s hand is limited. It is the club, ultimately, who hold sway.

United’s position is that they will not sell David de Gea unless they are allowed to sign Ramos. As it stands, the goalkeeper would be forced to stay at Old Trafford. Whether United will continue to stick to that stance, following the news from China and having confirmed the signing of the goalkeeper Sergio Romero from Sampdoria, remains to be seen.

Pérez sought to rebuild bridges, aware that his relationship with Ramos has become difficult, but more significant was his refusal to budge. He insisted that any attempt from Ramos to publicly declare his desire to leave would not make a departure more likely; it would rather just make the player’s relationship with the supporters difficult.

Ramos had previously told Madrid of his intention to leave at a meeting with Ángel Sánchez at the club’s Valdebebas training ground on 24 June and a tense telephone conversation with Pérez followed. At that point, Madrid set a fee that was prohibitively high but did not reject a move out of hand.

Neither player nor president had said anything publicly in the meantime, although Ramos’s camp did express their desire to leave Madrid for Manchester on Sky Sports and Louis van Gaal confirmed United’s interest when he talked about transfers as being a “process”, adding: “Maybe mister Ramos is in the process.”

Madrid’s position has hardened over the last fortnight. During Iker Casillas’s send off at the Bernabéu, supporters chanted “Ramos is not for sale” and called for the president to resign. Pérez came under huge criticism for the way in which Casillas’s departure was handled. Allowing one captain to go was damaging enough; allowing the second captain to do so would have been even more risky.

That day, Pérez said that he had allowed Casillas to leave because that had been the player’s desire. Asked if that applied to other footballers, ie Ramos, he replied: “there are some players with contracts who want to go who will not be allowed to.” That remained his position in China.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Real Madrid coach Rafael Benitez remains confident Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema will be at the Bernabeu this coming season despite ongoing speculation over their futures.

Bale has long been linked with a move to Manchester United and, with Angel Di Maria poised to leave Old Trafford for Paris Saint-Germain, fresh talk about a possible bid for the world's most expensive player has resurfaced in the media.

It is a similar story with Benzema, with Arsenal the latest in a long line of reported suitors believed to be keen on the 27-year-old France international.

However, new Madrid boss Benitez is not expecting either forward to be leaving the Santiago Bernabeu any time soon.

"Gareth is a huge player for us and I know that he's happy,” Benitez told a press conference ahead of Tuesday's Audi Cup clash against Tottenham in Munich.

"I'm not going to talk about offers. Everything is well and he's going to have a good season with us I'm sure."

On speculation about Benzema, former Liverpool boss Benitez added: "My answer is that I think Benzema is going to stay with us. I'm very happy with him. There's no reason to think that he's going to go."

Another player whose future has been heavily in the spotlight this summer is Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.

Real want to bring the former Atletico Madrid No 1 back to the Spanish capital, but so far United have only wanted to do a deal with the 10-time European champions if defender Sergio Ramos makes the move to Old Trafford in return.

Asked about De Gea, Benitez said: "I've said in five previous press conferences that I don't want to talk about players who are in other teams.

“We have three very good keepers. I can talk about them, not other goalkeepers."

There's still a few bits about Ramos wanting that move but there's no way they sell him this summer.

Apart from the change of manager things have been surprisingly quiet at Madrid this summer a little to quiet if you ask me maybe that endless pile of cash has run out and with the changes to the TV deal about to come in the spending power of Madrid has been reduced.

Alternatively with no big "superstar" name on the market this summer they have no reason to act they're saving their euros to sign the stand out player from next summers Euro's which I'm guessing will be a head to head between them and Barca for Pogba.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
no big name

I think they would love Pogba or Aguero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The thing is when you've built a squad that good it's hard to improve it.

They did sign Danillo from Porto for about £25m so they have spent a bit of cash but realistically apart from improving the goalkeeper what else can they do to improve?

I think next summer they'll go big for Pogba although some reports suggest his preferred destination is Barcelona

You then have players like Hazard or Reus who are the sort of guys they'd go big for if they impressed at Euro 2016.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:16 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Illaramendi told to find himself a new club. They paid €33m for him 2 seasons ago could be a lot of interest if he's available on the cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Seen Liverpool linked to him he looked a real talent a few years back remember him absolute dominating an U21 tournament he played as the holding midfield player and never looked like he'd ever give the ball away in his life.

Think he moved to Madrid that summer and he's obviously struggled with the step up as standing in his way was Xabi Alonso.

Could be a decent purchase for a lot of clubs but he needs to find a club where he can get a regular game for a season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next