AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Real Madrid are buying.....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
Mr Carrot wrote:
Also in the Telegraph

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has warned United that £25 million-rated forward Karim Benzema is only likely to leave the French club for Real Madrid.

Seems everyone wants to play for Madrid.

Ronaldo, Kaka, Ribbery, Villa, Benzema :no:

With the money they're offering plus the players they're signing is it really any suprise. I just feel sorry for the mug who gets the makalele role. Basically the bloke who does twice the work for half the pay of all the "galactico's" then gets shafted when it come to renewing his deal.

I have said few times most of these players prefer spain and madrid..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:27 pm 
Major General
Major General

WithingtonRed wrote:
pakrooney wrote:
You may argue over frecnh diarra xperience of EPL but most of players give us away ball in pressure..carrick is prime example ..although when he doesnt he gets fond of passing to vidic/ferdinand or start passing sideways..

So that would be NOT giving the ball away then. :huh:

BUt not benefiting either ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

pakrooney wrote:

But surely it's of more benefit then giving the ball away out of the two.

I agree he passes the ball back too much (the other midfielders and attackers are partly responsible for not offering a decent forward pass for him) but you can't always move the ball forward all the time.

Against better teams you're going to get less time and have to pass the ball backward more often if you want to keep posession.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

WithingtonRed wrote:
pakrooney wrote:

But surely it's of more benefit then giving the ball away out of the two.

I agree he passes the ball back too much (the other midfielders and attackers are partly responsible for not offering a decent forward pass for him) but you can't always move the ball forward all the time.

Against better teams you're going to get less time and have to pass the ball backward more often if you want to keep posession.

The problem is he forgets its 90 min game :lol: either he passes backwards or try his stupid hollywood long passes too much..hargreaves was superb for us in CL bcz he might not be a good passer but he can break the play and give to others who have responsibility to go forward..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Pak you shouldn't just expect your opinion to be right, I don't like Diarra and think he's a poor player now I may not watch much of Madrid in comparison to you but I know i've seen enough of him to think he's poor at passing and would be a bad signing for us regardless of how much you try to mock that idea.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

pakrooney wrote:
The problem is he forgets its 90 min game :lol: either he passes backwards or try his stupid hollywood long passes too much..hargreaves was superb for us in CL bcz he might not be a good passer but he can break the play and give to others who have responsibility to go forward..

Which of the 3 games he's played in did he excel? :p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 pm 
Major General
Major General

WithingtonRed wrote:
pakrooney wrote:

Hargreaves was gr8 for us in all big matches against top 3 and CL ...i guess you are asking abt Hargreaves right ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 pm 
Major General
Major General

idontfeardeath wrote:
Pak you shouldn't just expect your opinion to be right, I don't like Diarra and think he's a poor player now I may not watch much of Madrid in comparison to you but I know i've seen enough of him to think he's poor at passing and would be a bad signing for us regardless of how much you try to mock that idea.

Im just trying to justify my opinion .. as i watched him week in week out ..but you have your own and rightly so its your opinion and its yours..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
Sneijder hoping for Real stay
Dutchman does not want to leave Bernabeu

Wesley Sneijder says he has 'no intention' of leaving Real Madrid despite being tipped to move on this summer.

Speculation has suggested the Dutchman could find himself surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu once the new season gets underway.

Real have already agreed deals for Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo and are expected to strengthen their squad further over the next couple of months.

But Sneijder, who has been linked with both Arsenal and Tottenham, hopes to stay with the Spanish giants and play alongside his new team-mates.

"I have no intention of leaving Real Madrid," he told AS.

Sneijder: Not planning to leave

Honour

"Nobody called me to speak about that and what I want to do is stay at Madrid because I battled hard to join this club and being successful in this shirt is my aim.

"No doubt about it. I am pretty much relaxed and cannot wait to get back to work.

"Playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka or Franck Ribery is an honour for every player."

Once he gets his fitness back he is going to be a class player. Would have loved to see him at United.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:52 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

pakrooney wrote:
WithingtonRed wrote:
pakrooney wrote:

Hargreaves was gr8 for us in all big matches against top 3 and CL ...i guess you are asking abt Hargreaves right ?

I think he's talking about 08/09 while you're talking about 07/08.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

confusion :| ..sorry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
Chelsea Star Michael Essien Is Open To Real Madrid & Barcelona Offers - Agent

The Blues could be left reeling by the news that Essien's agent has declared that an offer from Real Madrid or Barcelona would be carefully studied...

Battling Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien is open to offers from Spanish powerhouse clubs Barcelona and Real Madrid, according to the player's agent, Fabian Piveteau, who declared today that should either the treble-winning history-makers or the nine-time European Cup winners come calling, then a move may become too tempting.

Piveteau was also quick to stress that Essien likes Chelsea, but then ominously warned that "football is football".

"Some clubs are interested in Michael," Piveteau told Kick Off Ghana.

"He likes Chelsea very much, but football is football and if Real Madrid, Barcelona or some other club make an offer, he needs to sit down and discuss what is best for him."

Essien has been one of Chelsea's most influential players of late, and what he offers the first-team was noticeable as his return from injury during the last campaign seemed to grant the side a fresh lease of life.

The Blues' midfield had been criticised throughout the campaign for being too one-paced and one-dimensional as they could not boast a key trick-filled and pacey winger, however, upon Essien's return, that changed as his direct and attacking style from deep brought instant results.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I wonder if "some other club" would include united

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:36 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Mr Carrot wrote:
I wonder if "some other club" would include united

For him, probably, for Chelsea, no chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Imagine if Barcelona do get him, replacing Yoyo... That midfield would never ever give the ball away, and would not have many going past it with the ball either. Frightening thought.

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If he goes to Real then they really are building a team as he's probably the best midfielder of his type in the premiership and with the Mascherano to Barca story gathering pace then the Premeirship looks like it's going to lose a lot of its top foreign talent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:28 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yes plz :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

That would be us chelsea and liverpool losing key players Arsenal will be loving it.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

We cant afford to loose anymore...arsenal better think abt keeping 4th spot..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 pm 
Major
Major

Highscores: 4
Can't see Liverpool losing both Alonso and Mascherano this summer. I'd say there's probably more chance of Alonso moving on though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next