AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paddy Evra: Sacre Bleu
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I told Serb he denied the story. Then Serb responded with "I watched the interview it happened in"

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Wasn't the interview in French?

I think he said the quotes were taken out of context.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Maybe Serb speaks fluent French?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Patrice Evra believes the 'Manchester United spirit' is required to lift the Red Devils back up the Premier League.

United may have secured a place in the Champions League knockout stages and booked a Capital One Cup semi-final with Sunderland over the past fortnight, but their league position remains dire.

For a club of their size, eighth position represents significant underachievement.

Now Evra wants his team-mates to summon up the fight so badly lacking during those awful back-to-back home defeats by Everton and Newcastle earlier this month.

"I am not looking at the table and I don't want to look at the future," said the 32-year-old.

"I want to look at the present; West Ham at home.

"Last year we won that kind of game. This season we have more trouble at Old Trafford.

"That is why we have to show our character and personality and play with the Manchester United spirit.

"We have to respect the shirt."

Evra insists he saw positive signs in Wednesday's win at Stoke, United's third clean sheet on the trot.

But now they must conquer the fear that appeared to creep into their play against Newcastle.

"After we lost against Everton, it was obvious we looked a little bit worried during the game against Newcastle," said the France defender.

"The crowd were not happy sometimes and that is not easy for anyone.

"But we play for Manchester United. We have to deal with it because we need the supporters.

"If they want to criticise us, we deserve that because when you play for Manchester United, you have to play with pressure.

"I want to get another unbeaten run going. We must not slip again because we have already done that too many times and it is too painful."

Manager David Moyes is wrestling with a lengthy injury list.

Robin van Persie and Michael Carrick remain sidelined, whilst skipper Nemanja Vidic has now missed three successive games and featured just three times since November 10.

In addition, Wayne Rooney has a groin strain which Moyes insists is not serious but will not wish to risk at such a congested point of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

His performance over years havent been upto mark but no doubt his never die attitude makes him a united player.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:18 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

is in talks for a one year extension

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The story is actually he has made enough starts to automatically activate a 1 year extension clause in his contract but it is up to him to decide if he wants to take it.

If Monaco are prepared to offer him a 2 or 3 year deal to go back there then I think we might lose him as I think he knows his time at Utd is coming to an end and maybe he'd like a slightly different challenge and let's not forget Monaco next season will probably be in the CL.

Ideally I'd like him to stay 1 more year but for Utd to sign a quality LB to compete with him and basically ease the transition as I'm worried that with Rio/Vidic on the way out we're losing a lot of the leaders from that dressing room. If we could get a quality LB and have Ezra as cover that would be brilliant but I'm not sure Evra would be up for that role.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has insisted he will make a decision on where his future lies at the end of the season.

It was a difficult summer for the Frenchman last year, with United's pursuit of Leighton Baines casting doubt over Evra's value to the club.

Former boss David Moyes also attempted an audacious late loan capture of Real Madrid's Fabio Coentrao, which ultimately failed, but again emphasised the fact that left-back had been identified as an area that needed improving.

However, despite this, Evra made enough appearances by February to trigger a clause in his contract which entitles him to another year, an option he admits he is yet to consider.

"I will decide in two weeks about what I am going to do," Evra told the Manchester Evening News.

"I am not lying to anyone. There have been a lot of rumours - am I going or staying.

"At the moment I have not decided anything. My agent will have a meeting with Manchester United and we will see."

Linked with a move back to former club Monaco and French champions Paris Saint-Germain, Evra will have a tough decision to make.

But he says his affection for United has not withered, despite the club actively seeking reinforcements.

"Everyone knows how much I love this club. It's difficult," Evra added.

"The reason is an important reason. And you will see. I will tell if I am staying or leaving this club at the end of the season."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Nemanja Vidic had to be separated from team-mate Patrice Evra by former boss David Moyes as Manchester United's season descended into bickering and acrimony.

The furious bust-up came as United's players pored over replays of a 3-0 defeat by Liverpool at Old Trafford in March.

Vidic, who was sent off after receiving two yellow cards from referee Mark Clattenburg, accused Evra of neglecting his defensive duties by leaving him exposed.

The Frenchman is said to have exploded with anger and had to be restrained by Moyes and other members of staff as the incident threatened to boil over at United's Carrington training base.

Vidic, who is leaving United after more than eight years to join Inter Milan, has confirmed that the players fell out as their season lurched from one disappointment to another.

'We argued amongst ourselves,' admitted the United captain in an interview with the Daily Telegraph.

'This year more than any other, because when you have bad times, people show they care. We are still friends, but we were arguing to get better. We wanted to improve.

'We could say those things to each other because we have been together for so long, but it hurt. If you didn't argue, it would not be right. We had some hard moments in the dressing room between ourselves.'

Vidic and Evra, who joined United together in January 2006 from Spartak Moscow and Monaco respectively, have since settled their differences.

Evra could even join the Serb at Inter if he too decides to leave Old Trafford now his contract has expired, although a return to France with Paris Saint-Germain would appear more likely.

The two players have won five Premier League titles, the Champions League and three League Cups together at United, and Evra paid tribute to the man he calls 'The Rock' last week as Vidic prepared to make his final home appearance.

'I'm really sad because when I speak about Nemanja it's like I'm speaking about myself because we joined the club together,' said Evra.

'Our first game was for the reserves and it was so hard. Rene (Meulensteen) was the manager and he took us both out of the match.

'We were talking together in the dressing-room and saying, "Oh my god, why have we come to Manchester United? We should go back to our clubs quickly!"

'It was a difficult moment but we stuck together. We were in the same hotel, we went into training together, we won the same trophies. I’m really sad to lose The Rock.’

I'm maybe reading into it a bit much but the fact he says we in these quotes suggets to me he's staying but probably wants to know where he sits with the new manager

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

has undergone a medical at Juve , according to a couple of news feeds

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:30 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Ashley Cole is available on a free. What would people say to that?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:03 am 
Major General
Major General

:thumbdown: no please

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

What would be the point? Might as well keep Pat we have to get some young into this side.

Cole has been a fine player throughout his career but he isn't the player he was and injuries are catching up to him which is why Chelsea are prepared to let him go.

Ideally for me we keep Evra for 1 more season and sign a young LB who he can help to bed in and cover/compete with in his first season

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reports this morning are that he's in Turin having a medical and negotiating a contract at Juve maybe to link up with his old pal Tevez.

Italian football might be a good home for him as it is a bit slower but not sure how he'd fit in at Juve as they play 3 at the back and not sure he's got the legs to play as a wing back as that's his biggest problem at Utd in the later years when it breaks down he can't get back quick enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He's signed a new contract.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Great! Big personality in the dressing room, and for that alone, important to keep him. Especially with Rio and Vidic going.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mixed feelings - if we still get Luke Shaw/young good LB, then great for passing on the baton....

If not then all the dressing room banter/experience will not make up for what will probably be on field gaffes.

As a matter of fact this makes any deal for Shaw (or anyone who is class and wants to play first team football) less likely... :busted:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:42 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

ManMoreFyahYoo wrote:
Mixed feelings - if we still get Luke Shaw/young good LB, then great for passing on the baton....

If not then all the dressing room banter/experience will not make up for what will probably be on field gaffes.

As a matter of fact this makes any deal for Shaw (or anyone who is class and wants to play first team football) less likely... :busted:

i think i have lost track of the number of times he was found wanting defensively over the last couple of seasons...i have been a massive fan of the player since his first game against City(was hauled off after 45 :D ) but this move is regressive to say the least...he has arguably been one of the greatest left backs to ply his trade in the league and someone who has worn the club colors on his sleeve , but this move by the club is ridiculous...

as you rightly pointed out , the Shaw deals looks to have died a natural death...hope not

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Why does that signal the death of the Shaw deal? Need to keep some big personalities there, who know the club, and maybe he has agreed to be backup to Shaw for the season. Until the transfer window opens, first of all, then closes, we dont know anything for definite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I wonder if LVG plans on playing Patrice further up the field in front of Shaw.

He does like to reposition players

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next