AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIFA 13
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

There's a career mode in which you are the "manager" but it's not at all like a management sim.

You're basically just playing Fifa and controlling a team, you can buy and sell players, obviously pick the formations and team etc...send out a scout to look at players on certain continents. That's about as in depth as it gets. You can ask for more funds from the board and stuff like that too I suppose but it's nothing too involved.

I think it's great fun..but don't expect Football Manager within Fifa.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Yeah, the manager mode is quite good I think. Not too in depth like BC says, but gives you a bit of both managing and playing. Occasionally you'll get players coming to you asking for new contracts, more match time, or more irritatingly a transfer (as tends to happen to the star player 3 days before the transfer window closes :hmm: ).

You get a budget to start with, and the better you do in cups / league the more money you get to start next season with. Clubs sometimes get taken over as well, as was the case with Middlesbrough on my latest career mode who gave me a transfer budget of £79m in the Championship, even though I'd just been sacked by Gillingham :lol:

You can also move about to different clubs during the season, if a job is available you can apply for it, and may or may not get it. You also get offers to manage national teams too, so you could wind up playing as United and England for example. The national offers start off small (Bolivia usually seem to be first to offer a job) and after a couple of seasons doing well your teams like England and Spain will put offers on the table. I've never managed a national team for more than about a month as I'd rather focus on my club team.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

tell you what annoyed me one season. Had a right back called Mclaughlin I think it was.. Must've been 21 or something when I started the career... He ended up at about 74 overall then out of the blue news thing pops up and he's all "sorry boss, I'm home sick, I need to leave". Northern Irish guy, homesick... Wants to leave. Fair enough. So where does he go? Aston Villa. That well known Irish club.

It annoyed me doubly because I had actually negotiated a £6m fee for him... Only for the board to over rule me and sell him to Villa for TWO MILLION because "we needed to get him off the books quick". He would be off the books anyway and I'd have made £4m extra!

C*nts!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 am 
Major General
Major General

I can top that - in FIFA 12 I had Aiden McGeady in my United squad, he said he was homesick and wanted to leave the club... so where did the Irishman raised in Scotland decide to go...? Schalke :lol:

While playing as Milan in FIFA 13 El Shaarawy said he wanted to leave about 5 days before the close of the window. I agreed a £60m fee with Barca for him, he went, only for my game to crash. When I re-loaded it the board sold him to Barca for £20m... I ended up re-loading that game 5 times until the board agreed to let me handle it again and I got back to the £60m I'd gotten first go.

Also while playing as Gillingham Chris Whelpdale wanted to leave, it was March so I didn't put him on the transfer list and was trying to get him to sign a new deal. The board then list him and have a dig at me not listing him, then 3 days later he signs the new contract, then in the next window puts in another transfer request... :wall:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol: Jesus.

Yeah I think it's fair to say, as good as it is, there's still a fair few bugs in Fifa.

Have you ever bought anything from the store? That's very hit and miss too. I bought a financial takeover from the store, so Fleetwood would get taken over...spent 3000 points or whatever it was on it...worked fine.

Tried again in a different one, bought the option, 3000 points gone..confirmed purchase..went back to career mode. Never got took over.

Annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yeah, there are definitely a few bugs here and there.

Nope, never bought anything from the store, never even looked at it. What points do you spend, the ones you gain by playing? I must have loads of them, think I'm level 45 or something :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Kinect set to English + crusing at the refs in Spainish = problem solved.

I don't want to to turn it off cause I use a lot of its in game functionality, like making subs without pausing the game, and when I'm doing be a pro you can call for where you want the cross to come ie. near post, far post, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 pm 
Major General
Major General

That's quite handy actually. Never used a Kinect.

Mind you, I like to check the stamina of my side when making changes, and usually just sub off the most tired ones, so not so easy without pausing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah Spawny, it's the ones you earn as you play/achieve things. I'm sure you'll have a shed load if you've never realised you were getting them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:49 pm 
Major General
Major General

I knew I was getting them, just never knew I could do anything with them :doh:

Will have to have a look at that later on and see what I can buy with what must be an awful lot of them :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

It shows you their stamina when the substitution menu that kinect uses comes up. You just say substitution, then you say either defender, midfielder, or striker. Then you say which of those youd like to make the sub for ie if you want to bring a striker on for a midfielder you can Then it shows you players on the pitch at that position, then say whichever player you want take off they are assigned a number. Then your sub are assigned a number and you say that number and next stoppage in play the substitution is made. This explanation makes its sound super complicated, it's not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 pm 
Major General
Major General

You're not wrong about the last bit :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am 
Major General
Major General

Hey BC, I found this great thing yesterday on FIFA... you can use those coins you earn to buy stuff :lol:

Tried it once, bought the takeover option and started a new game where I put Gillingham straight into the Premiership, it got me about £35m... building a whole squad for £35m is not easy, was hoping for closer to £350m :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol:

Good eh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:41 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yes mate, glad you mentioned it. :fonz:

That game where I took over Boro was the only time I'd managed a club who'd just been taken over and had load of money to spend.

Now every news story is "money-bags Gillingham splash their new cash", and I'm thinking... really? I bought Keiran Westwood for £1.2m or something... that's hardly extravagant spending!!

Have you tried the scouting one?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I bought the scouting one the other day the one thats like find a wprld class player, got an email saying they had sent a scout out, but havent heard anything since.

I also bought the take over one, and it didn't do anything...does it only work with new files, or do I just have to wait until the transfer window?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm 
Major General
Major General

I bought it, and then loaded up a career save, hit the advance time button, and the email popped up saying the takeover was complete. Mind you, that was in the initial transfer window, not sure if that had any bearing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The James wrote:
I bought the scouting one the other day the one thats like find a wprld class player, got an email saying they had sent a scout out, but havent heard anything since.

I also bought the take over one, and it didn't do anything...does it only work with new files, or do I just have to wait until the transfer window?

Like I said before I think it's hit and miss, I bought a takeover mid career and it worked, then I tried again "years" later and it didn't work.

I did the scout one too. That worked, after a little while it just said there was a kid who looked like a star in the making do you want to sign him..

I did. He's about 15 now. No idea how quickly he's meant to develop and I can't use him til he's 16/17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

When you bought it mid career did the take over happen during a transfer window?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:38 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I bought it during a transfer window.. So yes but I'm not sure if that was just cos I bought it then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next