AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: All things Android
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 1
I was thinking of getting the Z1 but it's huge!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Seems like the best place for this..

Got a nexus 7 for Christmas. It's great so far. Anyone else got an Android tablet? Any apps you'd recommend?

I've a few.

SwiftKey..best keyboard on the market for me, be it phone or tablet.

Dice player. Great video player, plays everything I've thrown at it so far. Avi, mp4, mkv.

Twonky beam. Bit specific this one. Basically, if you've got a TV that's capable of receiving.. It can stream your videos from your device your telly, as well as being to do it with youtube videos and other such video sites.

Gensplusoid..great mega drive emulator

Snesdroid... As above, but snes.

Marvin... ZX spectrum emulator.

Mame4droid.. Mame emulator.

Tablet remote. Allows you to control your tablets with your phone.. Or vice versa. If you turn the controller device landscape.. It turns into a control pad, compatible with a lot of games and the above Emulators.. Connects via bluetooth or wifi.

Tablet talk. This one costs a couple of quid. Basically allows you to sync your phone with your tablet for sms sending. So you effectively send texts from your tablet via your phone. And once set up properly you will receive the messages to your tablet to. Has to be synced for it to work. Again, can sync via bluetooth or wifi.

PowerAmp.. Costs but it's my favourite media player, just a good interface, use it for mp3 playing needs.

Tubemate. Let's you download from YouTube. Not available on the play store.

ES file Explorer..good file manager. Can also be used to transfer files from your pc over your home network.

TV catchup.. Just gives you access to some live terrestrial TV.

Opera.. My favourite for Web browsing.

Some good games out there too, but that seems like enough of a list for now!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am 
Major General
Major General

Get Aldiko ebook if you are into reading hobby.

Get zooper widget pro to customize your mobile screen , you can find many themes widgets art at mycolorscreen.com for free.UCCW is another great alternative but in recent months Zooper Widget Pro has edged it.

Get epsxe , playstation emulator or PPSSPP to play PSP games.
You cam get free roms at Coolroms

Root your mobile to get more authority / System tweaking / ROM installation and most of managers like App master All in one box requires root to perform all task like deleting bloatware softwares that comes with carrier or freezing specific task of application etc.

Get torrent application like Utorrent Bit torrent to download movies games anything from torrent sites right on your mobile.

Get Need for speed most wanted best driving game for me.There are plenty of Console quality games available on android.

Poweramp is the best Music player, if you want skins and widgets skin do let me know.

Get BSplayer it can play full HD content and its simply the best Video player or get MX player pro as secondary player.

Opera is the best browser but Puffin is the best flash browser.

If you need any of these software do PM me, why paying :wink:

Cant think of much and which version of Nexus 7 tablet you have? ? I have Asus transformer TF201 and get yourself keryboard dock etc accessories if available for your tablet to get laptop like xperience.I think you can even tweak to attach USB directly to your tablet (via external dock) to share / transfer data but its more working on Samsung tablets.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 am 
Major General
Major General

And if you want to transfer data between your PC and Tablet via wireless network get Wifi explorer pro.I think Es file manager only alliws you to download / transfer file from Tablet to PC only not vice versa Wifi explorer will solve it.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nah ES let's you transfer from pc to tablet.

I got the latest model of the nexus 7.

I've thought about rooting it, but apparently some apps, like sky go, won't work on rooted devices. I use sky go all the time so don't fancy doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:52 am 
Major General
Major General

I think sky go have problem running on kitkat 4.4 specialy on Nexus 7.Nithing to do with rooting , IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'll 2nd Aldiko Book reader. if you use calibre to manage your eBooks then get calibre companion (about US%3) or calibre sync (free) to easily get your ebooks on in a wifi network w/o having to remove your SD card from yoru tablet.

I got a transformer infinity with dock and i also love Perfect Viewer for comics :D

Animated GIF player is good for playing Gifs in your gallery/outside a browser

App Backup & Restore is good for backing up apps to your SD card

If you like the look of the floating heads in facebook messener then Floating Notifications is for you - can work with most apps that use alerts eg Gmail, Instagram etc - you get notifications no matter what app you're using.

Hide It Pro is good for hdigin files you dont want ppl usig your phone to see :whistle:

Waze is a must for navigation :thumbup:

I found MX Player Pro better than BSplayer due to watching a lot of anime that uses subs adn it works great with those and plays almost anything also.

Shush! is great for controlling when your volume is on or off and for how long - always use it when sleeping to make sure notifications don't wake me

Snapseed is a great photo editor - lots of presets and fine tune controls in it

Tablified Market is good to help you find apps optimised for tablets (esp 10" ones)

Lookout Mobile Security is great too -Antivirus, scans all your app installs, if you want the paid version can backup stuff, locate lost phones etc

XE Currency converter - great for travelling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
I have the Nexus 10. All the stuff mentioned above is good. The only one I'd add is Flipboard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I like mx player but the dice player has one thing over it, unimportant but it has it. You can press a button to hide most of the player so the video itself becomes a moveable window, so you can browse whilst you watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Got a Nexus 7 arriving tomorrow.

Cartoon Plus is a big rave at the moment, it's only just popped up in the last few days but you can apparently get loads of old toons on it. It might be running a bit slow at the moment because it has a shedload of interest, but they're apparently upgrading the servers it runs off tomorrow.

I also believe puffin browser is good for watching flash/live football streams.

Will be able to add more info when mine arrives.

Edit: VLC player for your video files works quite well too I believe.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:49 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Might have to go here for Cartoon Plus http://www.appbrain.com/app/cartoon-plu ... toongig.ui as it's not appearing in the play store.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Just got that cartoon one earlier . Can't believe it exists.. Really can't believe it was on the play store.

Not just old toons on there.. Proper films, new toons.. It's got to be shut down eventually..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:37 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Show Box is a must have if you don't have it already.

It's sort of like Netflix, but free, and you can get loads of films and tv series, you can either download them or watch them via the app.

I've recently watched Rush, Bad Grandpa, and Grown Ups 2 on there, HD quality picture. Doesn't cost a penny. :)

It's not on the play store but you can get it from here: http://showsbox.ru/data/showbox.apk

The link is a direct download, and you'll need to tick the unknown source thing in settings (because it's not from play store). But you can untick it again once it's installed.

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7