AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox One: Microsoft’s “Next Xbox” LIVE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Haha now that's rubbing it in. :D

Wonder what the odds are on MS doing a u-turn on either the restrictions or price?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
It's alright...

Quote:
Microsoft’s Don Mattrick has addressed concerns about the compulsory connectivity requirements of Xbox One.

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

:rolleyes:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

haha..that's great.

I don't think Microsoft will make any changes. Probably too stubborn..might be embarrassing to look like they're copying Sony to catch up to them as well. Also probably confident that it'll still sell bucket loads as the average consumer perhaps a bit daft and will just end up buying it without even looking into the restrictions. I guess they might knock the price down.

There's also these weirdo delusional people who talk as if they work for one of the companies..I saw a comment from someone just the other day that was like "Sony can't fool me, they won't give out all these advantages without a lot of negatives, it'll take more than this to get me to defect"....Defect! Like he's in it with them. Idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am 
Major General
Major General

PR genius at work there. "don't like all the downsides we're packing the new gizmo with? Then stick to your current gen box". MS really do seem to hire some stupid people at times, it's like part of the entry exam is how far you can get your foot into your mouth.

It's like a religion... Playstation vs Xbox, the next great holy war.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 am 
General
General

Spawny wrote:
PR genius at work there. "don't like all the downsides we're packing the new gizmo with? Then stick to your current gen box". MS really do seem to hire some stupid people at times, it's like part of the entry exam is how far you can get your foot into your mouth.

You're not kidding. :doh: Yet Adam Orth, the guy who who posted this:

...got the sack for saying it? :laugh:

Borrowed time, Microsoft. Borrowed time. :wave:

It's a much older war than Sony or MS, this was going on in the playgrounds back in the 1980s and no doubt before that wherever there was more than one type of computer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

It's the DRM that's gonna sink them, I think people will eventually look passed the always on thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:37 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
Spawny wrote:

You're not kidding. :doh: Yet Adam Orth, the guy who who posted this:

...got the sack for saying it? :laugh:

Borrowed time, Microsoft. Borrowed time. :wave:

It's a much older war than Sony or MS, this was going on in the playgrounds back in the 1980s and no doubt before that wherever there was more than one type of computer.

Was it as heated as this gen? I don't really remember the Sega vs Nintendo war being as serious as this. Then again I was only a kid back then, with no internet or anything so maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
The James wrote:
It's the DRM that's gonna sink them, I think people will eventually look passed the always on thing.

That's how I feel, not really bothered about the always on thing as my Xbox is always connected anyway. The DRM, and price of the console itself, are massively putting me off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:24 am 
Major General
Major General

Serbinator wrote:
The James wrote:

That's how I feel, not really bothered about the always on thing as my Xbox is always connected anyway. The DRM, and price of the console itself, are massively putting me off.

What about the fact that you can use the Kinect sensor to activate it by saying "Xbox on" which means that sensor is ALWAYS listening?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Serbinator wrote:
The James wrote:

The thing that I think needs to be noted is that..if your broadband did actually just break down for a couple of days..not unthinkable..you'd be f*cked.

Microsoft have released another statement saying the console won't actually work in about half the countries of the world too on it's release.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 am 
General
General

Spawny wrote:
Was it as heated as this gen? I don't really remember the Sega vs Nintendo war being as serious as this. Then again I was only a kid back then, with no internet or anything so maybe I'm wrong.

Yes. Always.

When I was first at school, Commodore 64 owning kids looked down on and mocked ZX Spectrum owning kids because we had less colours... we mocked them for their low resolution and measly 1MHz CPU because the ZX Spectrum ran at (then) speedy 3.5MHz. Etc.

Kids didn't talk to other kids and called them names over it, and I'm sure it wasn't new even then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
Spawny wrote:

Yes. Always.

When I was first at school, Commodore 64 owning kids looked down on and mocked ZX Spectrum owning kids because we had less colours... we mocked them for their low resolution and measly 1MHz CPU because the ZX Spectrum ran at (then) speedy 3.5MHz. Etc.

Kids didn't talk to other kids and called them names over it, and I'm sure it wasn't new even then.

You had a Spectrum? Pfft... enjoy the lack of colours :p

Increasingly thinking that I'll skip the new console gen, stick to PC. Might look to upgrade my RAM soon too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 pm 
General
General

Serbinator wrote:
The James wrote:

Besides the resale/trade DRM crap, the other issues are staggering.

Can you're say you're not really bothered about always on even though the company behind it are proved to supply all the data to America's NSA (who trade it to Britain's spy services among others) where's it's permanently stored and analysed and there's an always on microphone and a video camera available in your house while ever it's turned on?

Even though, when MS/publishers decide on a new console/version of the game, then the old authentication servers are switched off, EG you won't be sat there is x years time pulling out the old console plus £100s/£1000s in old games you've bought to have a play as it won't work any more?

Even though the always-on Kinect is capable of detecting heart beat (so for EG drug use), and how many people are in a room and how many are watching the screen, etc.?

And all to play PC quality games at a reported £80 a pop? No thanks! :lol:

Steve Ballmer is absolutely killing Microsoft.

How Microsoft lost it's MoJo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:18 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

My Xbox right now is connected at all times to my wifi and every time I turn it on the kinect comes on too so I can honestly say I'm not bothered by those things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's not that the Kinect turns on with the Xbox One..it's that it's on even when the Xbox itself is off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If you don't want it always on pull out the power supply or turn it off at the mains. I'm sure this will probably mean you have to setup the console every time you turn it on.

If you do want it always on and you're worried about people being able to spy on you through the camera on the Kinect make a point of getting your kn*b out and twirling it around it front of the camera on a daily basis and everytime you need to fart go make sure you're within range of the microphone.

If you really like a conspriracy theory assume that it starts listening in when certain trigger words activate it start saying "praise Allah" or "Bombs away" everytime you're about to drop a fart so that someone at the secret bunker located 10 stories below ground at Area 51 has to listen to you dropping your guts everyday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You could do all that... Or just buy a Ps4 which has none of the bullsh*t.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

If Sony can come up with a decent online system for the PS4, I think it really will destroy Xbox i.e. PS2 vs Original Xbox levels of destroying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

They've got it in the bag already I think.

Cheaper, no weird internet check in thing, no weird drm, region free, doesn't watch/listen to you whilst it's turned off, can use second hand games with no extra charge assuming the publishers don't try and enforce it or something so you can trade in at shops/sell online/lend to mates.

Plus i'd assume since they're now saying you have to join PS+ for around £5 p/m if you want to play online... the online stuff should increase in quality, perhaps server quality will improve etc..

This appears to be a console for all gamers. Casual ones, cos it's cheap and feature packed, hardcore ones..cos it's a playstation with great titles and exclusives..and the inbetween people because of all of the above. Also it will actually WORK in the countries that Microsoft has so bizarrely decided the Xbox One won't.

The only people I can see buying the Xbox One are the strange guys who are loyal to a brand that cares not a jot for them..or maybe they just really, really, really, really like Halo games....and then obviously people who don't really care what they're buying, or just don't read up on it..or they do but don't understand it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:53 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

I think Xbox will also grab people who want an all in one machine. It includes a bluray player this time and for Comcast customers(which is the largest cable company in America) you can use it as your cable box. Also there are some streaming things on xbl that aren't on psn most notably hbo go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next