AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower


It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Facebook
It's a waste of time 63%  63%  [ 7 ]
Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Peering through windows to endless pain!
I have a housemate that updates his status at least three times a day. It's like he thinks he's on fupping twitter. I've deleted him after a joke about Japan, can't be doing with his banality.

I don't update regularly and have over 400 "friends" on it. Saying that I do work in an office of 400 and know about 50% of them. Of which that 50% is probably in my "friends" list.

I have roughly my whole school year on it too. Which was 120 people. However recently (not sure if settings have changed) I am getting a helluva lot of shoite updates. For Sales. I'm SOOOOO Illllll's and other crap where people are solely looking for sympathy/popularity. I am nigh on delting these R-tards to save my sanity.

_________________
Image

Devil_Spawn wrote:
True, it is marginally better... I miss my childhood days where trainers were velrcoed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:07 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am
Posts: 2630
Highscores: 10
Mr Carrot wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:
When do you get to the point that you need to get out more?


when you start to watch Eastenders...


...whilst poking your 485th "friend" on Facebook.

_________________
pakrooney wrote:
yeps .. too much cooks spoil the brawl .. :lol:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
I'm alright for now then

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am
Posts: 2630
Highscores: 10
idontfeardeath wrote:
I'm alright for now then

:thumbup: :lol:

_________________
pakrooney wrote:
yeps .. too much cooks spoil the brawl .. :lol:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm
Posts: 17205
Location: Over there.
Highscores: 2
I never liked Facebook, I only got an account to view the AGR group. It's poor all round - limited characters in messages, an alarming personal information leakage, paedophiles, an ability to track people and more off-putting flashing eye-candy than you can shake a stick at be that crap games or info-stealing apps and adverts.

Looks to me like they copied a forum and made it worse, and that's all it was ever designed to be - a forum for American college kids. You can tell.

_________________
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Image
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 11695
Highscores: 1
conscience wrote:
I never liked Facebook, I only got an account to view the AGR group. It's poor all round - limited characters in messages, an alarming personal information leakage, paedophiles, an ability to track people and more off-putting flashing eye-candy than you can shake a stick at be that crap games or info-stealing apps and adverts.

Looks to me like they copied a forum and made it worse, and that's all it was ever designed to be - a forum for American college kids. You can tell.


You could always make a better one... and become rich... and split the profits with me since I suggested it :p

_________________
idontfeardeath wrote:
Spawny wrote:
But James and Pak both said they were voting JSP


:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm 
Offline
National Hero
National Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 5245
I don't mind it too much, although I concur with the annoying updates bit. I regularly cull wingnuts from my "friends" list although I have actually caught up with a few old friends on there so I guess for that alone it was worthwhile. At the minute though i'm more of a fleeting visitor now and again (much like my attendance here) as I don't have time for such things as sitting down etc.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 11695
Highscores: 1
Sheasy's Bum Hamster wrote:
I don't mind it too much, although I concur with the annoying updates bit. I regularly cull wingnuts from my "friends" list although I have actually caught up with a few old friends on there so I guess for that alone it was worthwhile. At the minute though i'm more of a fleeting visitor now and again (much like my attendance here) as I don't have time for such things as sitting down etc.


I'm still on your friend list... aren't I :unsure:

_________________
idontfeardeath wrote:
Spawny wrote:
But James and Pak both said they were voting JSP


:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 pm 
Offline
National Hero
National Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 5245
:ninja:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:31 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 7998
Location: 52 Festive Road
Highscores: 6
Poor Neil... Large metal ladder hit him on the head !!! Poor Neil xx

Here's a post from a girl who's on about her 4th best boyfriend in the world ever in the last year.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 7998
Location: 52 Festive Road
Highscores: 6
Thank you Neil.... Love my flowers xxxx Love you xxxxx

cant you just say that as he gives them to you?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:34 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 11695
Highscores: 1
Mr Carrot wrote:
Thank you Neil.... Love my flowers xxxx Love you xxxxx

cant you just say that as he gives them to you?


Miserable old git :lol:

_________________
idontfeardeath wrote:
Spawny wrote:
But James and Pak both said they were voting JSP


:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:35 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 11549
Highscores: 12
I don't really mind it, but then again I don't really use it much. I rarely look at the status update thing so the inane crap my 'friends' post doesn't get through to me. I put 'friends' because I have about 300 people on there but only really like about 1/4 of them. Have pretty much my whole year from school on there but don't like most of them :lol:

I only really use it for checking out what stupid pictures of me people have put up, and to keep in contact with friends overseas.

One thing I think it's invaluable for is organising events. Sure you could send emails or texts around but it's so much easier and more accomodating on facebook.

_________________
Erik The Viking wrote:
I personally hope Corden dies in a house fire.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:53 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 7998
Location: 52 Festive Road
Highscores: 6
Devil_Spawn wrote:
Mr Carrot wrote:
Thank you Neil.... Love my flowers xxxx Love you xxxxx

cant you just say that as he gives them to you?


Miserable old git :lol:


:lol:

It's a bit pathetic though isn't it? she must have said thanks at the time. So the only reason for posting it is becasue she wants everyone to know her boyfriend has bought her flowers on her birthday and for some reason that makes him wonderful. Flowers, absolutely no f'in thought if you ask me. My wife gets them weekly but we don't announce it everyweek on FB.
And I couldn't care less if a ladder has hit him on the head, unless of course it knocks some sense into him and he can get her to stop posting banal updates.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm 
Offline
National Hero
National Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 5245
Mr C is my new hero :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:58 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 41339
Location: Cloud Cuckooland
Highscores: 3
Mr Carrot wrote:
Flowers, absolutely no f'in thought if you ask me. My wife gets them weekly but we don't announce it everyweek on FB.

....just AGR then



GUILTY!!!!! :hippy: :rose:

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:59 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 7998
Location: 52 Festive Road
Highscores: 6
Resurrection Joe wrote:
Mr Carrot wrote:
Flowers, absolutely no f'in thought if you ask me. My wife gets them weekly but we don't announce it everyweek on FB.

....just AGR then



GUILTY!!!!! :hippy: :rose:



I actually buy them because I like them, probabaly makes me a gayer though


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:30 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 11549
Highscores: 12
Mr Carrot wrote:
I actually buy them because I like them, probabaly makes me a gayer though

Expect a PM from Reedo.

_________________
Erik The Viking wrote:
I personally hope Corden dies in a house fire.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:35 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 7998
Location: 52 Festive Road
Highscores: 6
Serbinator wrote:
Mr Carrot wrote:
I actually buy them because I like them, probabaly makes me a gayer though

Expect a PM from Reedo.


I must say I find that all so confusing, only being a part time day AGR user, I cant work out whether Reedo does play for city or not


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Facebook.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Serbinator wrote:
I put 'friends' because I have about 300 people on there but only really like about 1/4 of them.


I'm in the other 3/4's :hmm:

I find some of peoples arguments on fb amusing, when gf and bf break up and decide eachothers fb statuses is the place to rant at eachother

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron