AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Dawn Of An New Era (hopefully)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:34 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Killian Red wrote:
It's A Fair Kop wrote:
Why are people falling for it anyway?

Bloke's a politician. They're all the same, except some are more incompetent than others.

i havent :blink: the expectations across the globe are huge , just feel we are all going to be let down :no: . i feel its the wrong time to have such an inexperienced man at the helm. he already is facing stiff opposition from within his own party concerning new legislature

As an American, don't you think that it's all a bit of a charade anyway, like a TV show, and that Obama will just do as his paymasters tell him?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:29 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

conscience wrote:
Killian Red wrote:
It's A Fair Kop wrote:

Bloke's a politician. They're all the same, except some are more incompetent than others.

i havent :blink: the expectations across the globe are huge , just feel we are all going to be let down :no: . i feel its the wrong time to have such an inexperienced man at the helm. he already is facing stiff opposition from within his own party concerning new legislature

As an American, don't you think that it's all a bit of a charade anyway, like a TV show, and that Obama will just do as his paymasters tell him?

without a doubt con, going to be interesting which special interest groups will be at the forefront of his new government and changes that will be forthcoming with it. it's almost as if this guy is too good to be true and no one is allowed to say anything bad about him. something's not right about him but i just cant put a finger on it. important to remember where he got his start in politics . chicago is as corrupt as they come and am interested in the fallout from the recent blagojevich scandal , his friend tony rezko now in prison for corruption , his relationship with bill ayers and rev wright. what he knew , when he knew it and what was his involvement. as i said previously we need this guy to be as good as advertised both nationally & internationally. i am so confused :dunce:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:34 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Killian Red wrote:
without a doubt con, going to be interesting which special interest groups will be at the forefront of his new government and changes that will be forthcoming with it. it's almost as if this guy is too good to be true and no one is allowed to say anything bad about him. something's not right about him but i just cant put a finger on it. important to remember where he got his start in politics . chicago is as corrupt as they come and am interested in the fallout from the recent blagojevich scandal , his friend tony rezko now in prison for corruption , his relationship with bill ayers and rev wright. what he knew , when he knew it and what was his involvement. as i said previously we need this guy to be as good as advertised both nationally & internationally. i am so confused :dunce:

Agreed. I try not to follow politics too closely anymore tbh, I'm keen to avoid the conveyor belt of disappointment (I'm a big ol' cynic at heart :D), so I hadn't heard about the scandal you mentioned (now I have), but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Quote:
it's almost as if this guy is too good to be true and no one is allowed to say anything bad about him. something's not right about him but i just cant put a finger on it.

I know what you mean about that, and it's quite unnerving. He seems to have an aura, the image of being everyone's saviour whether or not you know anything about him or not. Media manipulation? Anyhoo, one worry is, after Bush even Genghis Kahn would probably look a better president, so everyone is gunna buy and cheer everything Obama does, regardless of whether it's intelligent or not. And I can't see that ending well.

Confused or just unconvinced? I suspect we're probs just too weary to buy the same old crap all over again. What confuses me is why we let these people carry on doing this. :doh:

PS: But until someone lends me an army, sarcastic disdain remains my weapon of choice :superman: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am 
National Hero
National Hero

It's A Fair Kop wrote:

:thumbup: If voting changed anything it'd be illegal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:34 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

O-Dog wrote:
The fact that Obama has been elected despite being black

Big deal, Zimbabwe's had a black president for years, and he's sh*t.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:33 am 
Major General
Major General

dawn of new era :laugh:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history