It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Robin Williams RIP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
He said nothing of the kind in the Speed thread. He said "RIP but depression?"

It was ignored by all. But I see that as a very different post to "What fecking depression. Loser"

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm 
Major General
Major General

You are right IDFD I must have wrote thar.. Everyone gets depressed in their own life .. but that doesnt mean taking their own life that was my point .. i dont know to what extent a person can go and kill himself .. The news thst first broke out was he committed suicide bcz of depression .. all those parkinson and drugs illness issues were made public later and way before i posted my reply .. Cancer and other disease are way distant to commiting suicide.. Yes i havent experience at all in my firnds family circle anyone taking their live because they cant stand the situation there are in .. how can you justify a patient taking his own life just because he cant endure the pain .. Life has 2 phases " Good " and " Bad " ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
You are young Pak. Just be thankful you do not 'understand' how you could feel so bad you'd want to die.

Personally, I don't see the problem with suicide. if you've had enough of life, for whatever reason, so be it. It's all the religious bollocks that makes people think there is something special about life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You're still talking bollocks pak and speaking purely from an ignorant stand point.. But you don't seem interested in any sort of information on the subject so this is pointless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:38 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
pakrooney wrote:
You are right IDFD I must have wrote thar.. Everyone gets depressed in their own life .. but that doesnt mean taking their own life that was my point .. i dont know to what extent a person can go and kill himself .. The news thst first broke out was he committed suicide bcz of depression .. all those parkinson and drugs illness issues were made public later and way before i posted my reply .. Cancer and other disease are way distant to commiting suicide.. Yes i havent experience at all in my firnds family circle anyone taking their live because they cant stand the situation there are in .. how can you justify a patient taking his own life just because he cant endure the pain .. Life has 2 phases " Good " and " Bad " ..

There are two kinds of depression Pak: there's the type where you just feel a bit down and can snap out of it maybe with a hug, some kind words, a bit of good luck, or being determined to overcome it yourself etc.

Then there's a full-blown illness, the other kind of depression, it's maybe confusing because it has the same name as just feeling a bit down, but believe me it's very, very different and can be very severe... severe enough that the person cannot function properly and feels bad enough to genuinely believe that death is their only and best way out. Imagine how totally fecked up your head would have to be to think that suicide is not only a good idea, but your best plan that you should do immediately? Well that's exactly how a depressed mind thinks, it's no surprise at all they cannot function properly. The two types of depression are similar in name only, the second kind is full-blown mental illness that emotionally and mentally cripples people.

Partly because of ignorance on the subject, and partly because it is confusing to have the same name as just feeling a little bit down, a lot of people simply do not realise that there's a growing number of people who are genuinely struggling to get through each day because they feel so extremely awful all the time. It's not exactly the same for everyone, but in a lot of cases their minds torture them with bad memories and traumatic past events, 'what if...' everything goes wrong scenarios, they think everyone hates them and their brain tricks them into seeing what they think is concrete evidence of this by taking things the wrong way and misunderstanding them, assuming the worst and believing them to be true facts... by the time you add-on some very strong feelings of 'I'm so useless' paranoia, etc. and it can be truly debilitating, it drains them of their all strength, energy, ability to cope with everything and they lose all hope.

And they cannot help it because they are ill.

Some can and do get some help with tablets that help them to cope, if there is some chemical imbalance in the brain causing permanent intense low moods, but for others that have just had too much trauma in their lives there really is no cure... one of my friends GP recommended meditating because the health service in the UK has little to zero provision to help people who suffer from this illness.

Hopefully as more people suffer, education levels rise and something more can be done to help them recover, or at least find a way to cope without suffering so much.

I've known several people unfortunate to suffer from this, and it can last for years or even a lifetime. It's hard to explain just how bad things can look to someone who is ill with depression as they can only see the very worst of everything - it's like anything and everything positive doesn't exist, their brain discards everything positive as rubbish or something that always finds a reason to convince them that good things never apply to them personally. This condition always finds a way to make absolutely everything feel terrible and they do not know how to fix it, sometimes they don't even realise it's them that's ill and instead they believe that everything just goes very wrong all the time because that's how it looks to someone who is ill with depression.

Now, imagine trying to live your life if that's how you felt all the time? I think they should have our compassion and sympathy, not be called names for becoming ill. And it could happen to anyone, they've often done absolutely nothing wrong to cause it to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:46 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

O-Dog wrote:
You are young Pak. Just be thankful you do not 'understand' how you could feel so bad you'd want to die.

Personally, I don't see the problem with suicide. if you've had enough of life, for whatever reason, so be it. It's all the religious bollocks that makes people think there is something special about life.

Well said. It's your life, it's your right to end it. I think there should be tax breaks as reward for removing yourself from the burden in the planet.

It's also ridiculous but predictable that the law is against euthanasi given the religious influence. People like Terry Pratchett are fighting for the right to die how and when they want, with dignity. Some old twat with a Bible or a Quran shouldn't have a say in your fate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:10 am 
Major General
Major General

O-Dog wrote:

Fair enough each to their own .. :thumbup: and pretty thankful that life hasnt given me anything on plate as i always have had to snatch it ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:14 am 
Major General
Major General

borocooper wrote:
You're still talking bollocks pak and speaking purely from an ignorant stand point.. But you don't seem interested in any sort of information on the subject so this is pointless.

Compare your comment with O-Dog and Conscience, who atleast have justified their opinion rather than knocking my opinion down , you will realize who is talking bollo088

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
pakrooney wrote:

There are two kinds of depression Pak: there's the type where you just feel a bit down and can snap out of it maybe with a hug, some kind words, a bit of good luck, or being determined to overcome it yourself etc.

Then there's a full-blown illness, the other kind of depression, it's maybe confusing because it has the same name as just feeling a bit down, but believe me it's very, very different and can be very severe... severe enough that the person cannot function properly and feels bad enough to genuinely believe that death is their only and best way out. Imagine how totally fecked up your head would have to be to think that suicide is not only a good idea, but your best plan that you should do immediately? Well that's exactly how a depressed mind thinks, it's no surprise at all they cannot function properly. The two types of depression are similar in name only, the second kind is full-blown mental illness that emotionally and mentally cripples people.

Partly because of ignorance on the subject, and partly because it is confusing to have the same name as just feeling a little bit down, a lot of people simply do not realise that there's a growing number of people who are genuinely struggling to get through each day because they feel so extremely awful all the time. It's not exactly the same for everyone, but in a lot of cases their minds torture them with bad memories and traumatic past events, 'what if...' everything goes wrong scenarios, they think everyone hates them and their brain tricks them into seeing what they think is concrete evidence of this by taking things the wrong way and misunderstanding them, assuming the worst and believing them to be true facts... by the time you add-on some very strong feelings of 'I'm so useless' paranoia, etc. and it can be truly debilitating, it drains them of their all strength, energy, ability to cope with everything and they lose all hope.

And they cannot help it because they are ill.

Some can and do get some help with tablets that help them to cope, if there is some chemical imbalance in the brain causing permanent intense low moods, but for others that have just had too much trauma in their lives there really is no cure... one of my friends GP recommended meditating because the health service in the UK has little to zero provision to help people who suffer from this illness.

Hopefully as more people suffer, education levels rise and something more can be done to help them recover, or at least find a way to cope without suffering so much.

I've known several people unfortunate to suffer from this, and it can last for years or even a lifetime. It's hard to explain just how bad things can look to someone who is ill with depression as they can only see the very worst of everything - it's like anything and everything positive doesn't exist, their brain discards everything positive as rubbish or something that always finds a reason to convince them that good things never apply to them personally. This condition always finds a way to make absolutely everything feel terrible and they do not know how to fix it, sometimes they don't even realise it's them that's ill and instead they believe that everything just goes very wrong all the time because that's how it looks to someone who is ill with depression.

Now, imagine trying to live your life if that's how you felt all the time? I think they should have our compassion and sympathy, not be called names for becoming ill. And it could happen to anyone, they've often done absolutely nothing wrong to cause it to happen.

Thats much detailed and comprehensive reply atleast you have tried well to address the issue and explained it well for me .. My apologies to everyone who may have farts in mouth reading my post ..

I have been through lots of ups and downs may be its just a family always beside me may have helped ease all anxiety and depression .. i dont know.. but i have been depressed for longer than year where things never looked sorting ala short of money.. feeling left out just becz im in bad financial condition and i can tell you even a simple ignorance from your regular surrounding feels deliberate that i may have not noticed if i wasnt in this condition etc etc ..i dont know how much bigger it was compare to others who have committed suicide .. the bottom line is i know how depression can manipulate you but i came over it eventually no matter what magnitude (of depression) it had on mentally ..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I addressed the issues. You ignored them and stubbornly stuck to your ignorant point of view.

I've said you were talking bollocks(because you were) . You said a man, who had such a debilitating mental disorder and massive deep depression that he killed himself... was a "loser". An opinion that needs knocking down whenever possible.

Bit of perspective for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

Same for you dear :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Literally makes no sense, but hey..why change your approach in the thread?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I think its best to lock the thread and just start a RIP Robin thread with highlights of his life. He was an amazing actor who achieved immense amounts. A delightful guy who gave a lot to charity. He isn't a loser and its gutting to know how much he was affected by depression. RIP.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:59 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
Watched Good Morning Vietnam a couple of evenings ago. What a performance that was. Class.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm not going to lock the thread but what I am going to do is once again remind you all over the language used on the forum.

If you feel the need to swear use the ** system it's not difficult and I understand in the heat of the moment you might forget but try and keep it civilised.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sorry. Often forget that b*llocks is considered a swear word. I just use it so frequently in day to day life to describe extreme nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:14 am 
Major General
Major General

borocooper wrote:
Literally makes no sense, but hey..why change your approach in the thread?

maybe i got bored :dunno: