Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Football Manager 2011
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Football Manager 2011 To Be Released Before Christmas

Football Manager 2011 is set to be released before Christmas and will come with a whole host of new features.

The newest wrinkle will be a live contract negotiation system and will have clauses for the new deals. There will also be new board request and backroom advice options and a new player interaction module that will allow users to hold private conversations with the players. Night matches will also be included in Football Manager 2011.

Another attractive item included is the idea that as the teams get stronger on a continental level, their league will also get stronger, inducing more players to join it. Football Manager 2011 will also have more basic training schedules and individual training focus as well as a new match preparation area.

Click The Link...http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201008/70329.php

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2011
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Football Manager 2011 Preview
Backroom tweaks make for what could be the best FM yet

Earlier this week, a few of the new features we can expect to see in this year's Football Manager were announced. The most trumpeted addition was the sexy-sounding 'dynamic league reputation' - apparently the most requested feature from the series' hardcore community. Also in for an overhaul is the training system, contract negotiations and the 3-D match engine, and hundreds of other new features are also being drafted in.

But - to coin a football cliche or two - on paper these new signings don't exactly set the pulse racing. According to Sports Interactive studio director Miles Jacobson, however, this is set to be one of the most comprehensive FM updates so far.

"We had too much new stuff to announce in one press release," he told IGN, "my first draft was about five pages. But there's always far too much stuff; we have 400 new features in the game this year but there are another 1400 in the database that we haven't been able to use yet. It's not that difficult to make an annual iteration when you have so many great ideas for additions."

Like the FM community, the update Jacobson is most keen to trumpet is the dynamic league reputation. But why is it so exciting, and what does the phrase actually mean?

"In previous Football Managers", explains Jacobson "no matter how well you did with a team, if you were in a league with a poor reputation, there would always be players who wouldn't consider moving to your club.

"We looked at the big-name players who were now moving to the Russian league, teams in the Middle East and the MLS, and realised this was just unrealistic. Who would have thought until recently that Thierry Henry and David Beckham would now be playing in the USA? If you look at the Scottish leagues on the other hand, you'll see that the opposite is happening.

"So this new feature reflects that different countries go in and out of football fashion. Now if you do really well, or a club in your league does really well, the reputation of that league in the eyes of the world goes up. This is very important for a proper, long-term simulation of the global football world and will make a real difference to those who play for five or ten seasons."

Another aspect of FM that Jacobson admitted was in need of an overhaul was the player training, which many players simply didn't bother with.

"This year we actually took the time to sit down and really assimilate all the ideas that came into the forums about training," he said. The result is the new 'Match Preparation' training sessions, which allow managers to give their team specific goals to focus on in the build-up to a match.

He explains: "If you play the way I do as Watford, I like to buy lots of players all the time. However until those players start to gel you won't play well. Now you can get your players before a match to train at blending as a team. Another example; let's say your team has a difficult away match coming up where they're expected to be on the back foot. You can concentrate them on defensive play in preparation.

"We know that people play the game in different ways and for some people training is not something they bother with - but we hope this makes it more useful and relevant this time around."

From this year managers will also have the dubious pleasure of dealing with the most loathed members of the football fraternity - agents. It's the result of an overhaul of the transfer system that now lets you negotiate contracts with players in real time.
"I've spent a lot of time talking to chief executives and agents," explains Jacobson. "They basically told us exactly how transfers and contract negotiations really work and that resulted in us changing the way you offer player contracts in the game."

"Previously you would send out a fax to a player offering personal terms, who would come back a couple of days later if he wanted any changes. Now we have the equivalent of actually sitting in a room with a player and his agent and negotiating everything live with them.

"As part of that we've added different agent types as well. Some agents might be cheeky and say 'let's have your best offer', some are more realistic and say: 'here is what we want, take it or leave it', others might try to bully you and ask for far higher wages, and so on. Believe us, this will be very realistic."

With even more jobs on the managerial 'to-do' list this year, does Jacobson think that FM11 will be even less accusable to newbies than previous versions?

"We work very hard on the interface every year to make it as easy to play as possible, but FM will always be a simulation and not a 'game'. I think we do have the balance right. We still seem to sell the odd copy every year!"

Click The Link...http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1112207p2.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
The Hut are doing it for £24.93 BUT if you add the promotional code: AUG20 you get £2.00 off, reducing the price to £22.93
http://www.thehut.com/games/platform...ml?affil=BUYAT

FREE UK Delivery on All Orders

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Reedo wrote:
The Hut are doing it for £24.93 BUT if you add the promotional code: AUG20 you get £2.00 off, reducing the price to £22.93
http://www.thehut.com/games/platform...ml?affil=BUYAT

FREE UK Delivery on All Orders

Link not found... sure you've copied the link and not the abbreviated text displayed as the link?

As for FM11 they can keep it. Don't think I've played more than 6 seasons in the last 4 versions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:17 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/p ... ffil=BUYAT

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Football Manager 2011 Release Date

So, apparently the Football Manager 2011 release date and a slight look at some new features have been leaked and are floating around the FM community. The supposed release date is October 29th, it usually is around this time so nothing’s changed there. However, there have been reports of some new features/improvements that include:

Although not officially announced yet, but we can confirm the following features and release date have been leaked.

- Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010
- Improved training options
- More complex module for searching new players
- Improved graphics and 3D view of the game
- Introduction of football agents to the game
- Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)
- Differentiated weather conditions

This first popped up on Polish fansite Football-Manager.info but has since been discussed at Los Wonderkids, the Football Manager 2011 facebook page and various other community fansites. Oh yeah, here is the believed box cover as well!!

Nothing has officially been confirmed yet

Click The Link...http://www.aidtheboss.com/football-manager-2011-release-date/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Football Manager 2011

New features and improvements

Contract Negotiations
Making its debut in Football Manager 2011 is a new live contract negotiation system, with a host of new contract clauses. Learn to deal with different types of agents as you try to secure your next big signing.

Re-vamped training system

Including more basic training schedules and individual training focus where players can be in trained in 14 different skill areas. Plus, a new match preparation area, where you can get your team to concentrate on special focus areas, and train in specific tactics, in the lead up to a match.
[b]Improved Interaction [/b]-
New board request and backroom advice options as well as a new player interaction module allowing you to have private conversations with your players, including lots of options never seen before, taking interaction to a whole new level.
News subscription service
Expanded to make the way that news and mail is distributed even more user friendly and immersive. Dozens of additional news items and a new module written to add more intelligence in the news items themselves.
Match View
Play under the glare of the floodlights for the first time with night matches and over 100 new animations including player models, stadiums, goal celebrations and much, much more. Not forgetting improvements to what was already the best match simulation on the market.
Dynamic League Reputation
A new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football.

(Please Note All of the above are the highlight new features. More features will be announced in the build up to launch)

EDIT:
Screenshots:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

conslittlebro wrote:
Football Manager 2011

New features and improvements

Contract Negotiations
Making its debut in Football Manager 2011 is a new live contract negotiation system, with a host of new contract clauses. Learn to deal with different types of agents as you try to secure your next big signing.

Re-vamped training system

Including more basic training schedules and individual training focus where players can be in trained in 14 different skill areas. Plus, a new match preparation area, where you can get your team to concentrate on special focus areas, and train in specific tactics, in the lead up to a match.
[b]Improved Interaction [/b]-
New board request and backroom advice options as well as a new player interaction module allowing you to have private conversations with your players, including lots of options never seen before, taking interaction to a whole new level.
News subscription service
Expanded to make the way that news and mail is distributed even more user friendly and immersive. Dozens of additional news items and a new module written to add more intelligence in the news items themselves.
Match View
Play under the glare of the floodlights for the first time with night matches and over 100 new animations including player models, stadiums, goal celebrations and much, much more. Not forgetting improvements to what was already the best match simulation on the market.
Dynamic League Reputation
A new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football.

(Please Note All of the above are the highlight new features. More features will be announced in the build up to launch)

EDIT:
Screenshots:

Click The Link...http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p_page_ss=3&p=games

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 am 
General
General

There's a demo for Steam users available now.

Click The Link...http://store.steampowered.com/app/34390

Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2011 Demo available on Steam
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:53 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
So I was giving the demo a go last night, and my backroom staff suggest that Evans should be encouraged to switch the play more often. I "have a private chat" with him.

He tells me he sees no benefit in it, then tells me that "I think you'd better go before I say something I regret".

Now I may not be SAF but I'm not taking that crap from Jonny Evans!!

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Haha, a friend of mine had the same problem with Evans.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

Its stupid... any player saying that to their manager is committing career suicide. Wouldn't be so bad but having had Mr Evans show such blatant disrespect I went to have a chat with Fletch. Now surely he'd be open and receptive to what I had to say? No... he told me the same thing... footballers today...!! :rant:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:46 pm 
General
General

Devil_Spawn wrote:
Its stupid... any player saying that to their manager is committing career suicide. Wouldn't be so bad but having had Mr Evans show such blatant disrespect I went to have a chat with Fletch. Now surely he'd be open and receptive to what I had to say? No... he told me the same thing... footballers today...!! :rant:

No respect for their gaffer. :lol: I've not tried it yet, but sounds like you might get to manage their ego as well. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

How are peoples files going?

On my United file I signed Martinez, Grieschmann, Dodo and De Gea.

Need to be careful with finances, whilst we have £180m in the bank to start with you're losing £11m a month through loan repayments.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Just started with Atletico Madrid, still on my first day so I've not done much.

Got a nice transfer kitty, but you only start off with £6m.... luckily their wage budget is much higher than what they're paying, so I was able to reduce that and up the transfer funds to £27m, and still have £200k left to use on wages. :)

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 pm 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

Downloaded the demo yesterday. I think tonight I'll leave fable III on the shelf and give this a try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Devil_Spawn wrote:

Add another player and take over Madrid, put in a 50m for Evans..accept it, put in a 1m bid for Ronaldo accept it delete Madrid player....

No wonder I got bored of this game in 2009 :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 3
Downloaded the basic version demo as the 'Strawberry' one wouldn't work, kept telling me to choose a place to extract over and over again. :shrug:

Liking it so far though, Started a file with United to get used to it, but i feel its more or less a better looking FM 2010 with a few new gizmo's to play with.

Liking the live contract negotiations in particular, saves waiting about for a week to see if they accept.

Just got through pre-season, signed Alexis Sanchez for £11m and Hamsik for £14m, Sanchez only played twice though in AMC + AMR, got 2 assists mind and i've only just got Hamsik.

P*ssed pre-season, won every game with at least a 3 goal margin, including a 5-2 win at home to Roma, and a 9-1 demolition of Bury away :p

Chupachup has bagged 5 goals in 3 starts pre-season, and Bebe has been decent, just shipped him out on loan to Derby.

Quite liking it so far. :thumbup:

EDIT: Won the Community Shield on pens to Chelsea, VDS be thy saviour. :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I like it, seems like a good improvement on fm10, seem to be getting through it a bit quicker too, 10 seemed to take too long to get through for me, in November already on this.

Started a Man Utd save, signed Hamsik (£18m) and Sanchez (for £5.5m :yay: ) and a few youngsters. Rooney and Hernandez are a leathal combination up font!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Bebe has 19 in 25 for Boro out on loan.

But with age my hopes have faded