AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: How's your game going? [FM12]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
7 games left and I can't go to bed before I finish this season. I don't know what's going to happen next.

I lost two games too teams in the relegation zone, followed by beating 3 teams in the play off places then lost 5-0 to the team bottom of the league then beat the team top of the league 5-1 and then lost 8-4 to Bournemouth who were in 14th at the time.

7 games left. 1 point behind the play off places. Automatic promotion looking very unlikely now. 8 points behind 2nd place.

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Lost the JPT Final at Wembley. Was 2-0 up at HT. They equalized in the 88th minute with a damn penalty given away by my star striker. They scored the winner in the 102nd minute. I had 23 and 10 they had 5 and 4!!! :rant:

EDIT: 43rd game. I celebrated (out loud) 2 disallowed goals!!! 1 point behind 6th with 3 to go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

This game cannot be good for your heart.

I won the 44th game 3-1
45th game I had MK Dons who were in 5th place 4 points ahead of me.

Took a 2-0 lead. They pulled it back to 2-2. Took a 3-2 lead. They pulled it back to 3-3. Took a 4-3 lead, then had one disallowed. Took a 5-3 lead. They pulled it back to 5-4 and then we managed to hold on for the dying minutes :phew:

EDIT: In 6th place going in to the final game. My last game is against Doncastor who have lost 11 in a row.

EDIT 2:Finished the league in 4th place.

Had Swansea in the Semi's. Drew 1-1 at their place. Beat them 2-0 at my place.

Got MK Dons in the final. After the thriller we had before I was expecting another outrageous game. However it wasn't to be. They took the lead in the first half. I made a few changes in the 60th. Went all out attack in the 75th. Game finished 1-0 to them.

Probably didn't deserve to go up anyway. I finished the season top goalscorers but only 24th and 23rd conceded more goals than I did. I'll keep this team together and bring in some defenders over the summer. Sure I can push for an automatic place next season.

2 trips to Wembley and 2 losses this season. :wall:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I've finally had the time to finish my 4th season off today. I was top from the 8th game to the 44th game. Swansea on a 12 game win streak caught me and over took me. We went in to the final game of the season with 2 points seperating us and them having the better GD by 2 points. I was playing 4th Places Notts County and they were playing 15th place Bournemouth. Both away from home.

I was watching the league table through out the game and Swansea took an early lead. Around the 60th minute I noticed that Bournemouth had pulled one back. They were now drawing and I was winning 2-0 needing 2 more goals to win the league. Took off a midfielder, brought on another striker and set the tactics to overload. Socring goals in the 81st and 88th minute to get the 4 goal cushion that I needed. However it didn't matter. Swansea had conceded 2 goals in the 80th and 84th minute meaning I took the lead by a point to get my third league title and promotion in 4 seasons.

Up in to the Championship now. I remember last time this was the hardest division to stay in and then get promoted from. So it should be fun. I will keep quite a few of my players. Morrison Petrucci Pacheco are some of the youngsters i've managed to sign on a full time basis now. I've got a striker whose broke the goal scoring records in league 1 and a decent goalkeeper. But I really need to shore up the defence.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Just got offered the Leicester job. They finished 9th in championship this season. I turned it down but have made a save as in case i'm interested in it in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:00 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I haven't made any signings yet. Have sold off a load of deadwood. Told the board that i'll consolidate this year. Yet the bookies have made me 5th favourites for promotion :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I haven't done anywhere near enough in the off season and will be glad just to stay up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Not been playing much, but may as well do an update.

I started a new game with United, and sold the players I don't rate very good (I also sold Vidic, because Real accepted the £30m asking price :D ).

I won the league and league cup, lost the FA Cup final on penalties, didn't score any. :rolleyes:

CL was crap, finished 2nd in group, ended up drawing Real Madrid. Won 2-0 at home and got hammered 5-0 away.

I brought Pogba into the first team, he played often.. I also played a kid in the U18s a fair bit too, called Adnan Januzaj.. his potential in real life is meant to be good as well, according to RJ. :p

Pogba won goal of the season, which earned me a nice new achievement too. :)

Transfers ins/outs:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2809 ... nsfers.jpg

Hazard is a God, first time I've ever had him. Played in AML position as inside forward, scored 20 and assisted 29!

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:26 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7

:cool:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11