AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's your game going? [FM12]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Was put in a CL group containing Real Madrid, Benfica and Shaktar Donetsk, won my first three matches.. good chance of topping the group now! Which I wasn't expecting. :lol: 88th minute winner v Real at home.

Doing ok in the league, W6 L2 so far.. those defeats were really poor as well. Liverpool at home, 1-0.. had another early sending off. and Cardiff away 3-0.. they're a bogey team, but I decided to play my usual home tactic trying to be smart (which won at the Emirates) and I got spanked.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:16 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Won league cup, first trophy in the bag. :D

Lost first CL ko 1st Round leg 2-0 at home to Marseille, piss poor! Doing well domestically.. but team morale is a bit crap for some reason.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Nice one on winning the cup and champions league qualification. How many points were you behind 1st last season.

I haven't loaded my file up in a while now. I'm babysitting all day/night Going to crack on, watch the tennis followed by the Leeds vs Southampton game and play Football Manager all night.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:25 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

4pts behind Chelsea, they beat me 4-0 at home with 3 games left.. would've won the league if I beat them.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

15 league games unbeaten and you get hammered 6-2 against 5th bottom. :rolleyes:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:41 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm 11 games in to my first season in League 2. Although it is early days i'm definitely expecting promotion this season. 26 points from a possible 33. 7 points clear of 4th place. (Top 3 automatic qualification)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I've got Ravel Morrison on loan until the end of the season. Just a case of getting too the end of the season now though I feel. 22 games unbeaten 16 points clear of 2nd place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:53 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Good loan signing that.

I bucked a bit towards the end of my season, I had chances time and time again to go 10/13 points clear (2 games in hand at one point) but kept on being put under pressure and dropping points.

Lost v Spurs at home with 5 games left, put City within two points and I got really nervous and thought I'd blown it. I hadn't won an away game since before new year either, 3 of my last 4 fixtures were away. Luckily I won the next two .. Blackburn ( away ) then Stoke ( away ) and City only managed a draw v Liverpool so I've won the league with one game to spare.

And I f*cking well chuffed. :ohohoh: :phew:

Lost in the FA cup semi (should've won, but didn't turn up), could've had a treble because the other semi was crap teams. But I'll settle for the league cup and league I think. :D

Going to have a break from this save now.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:51 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

When he signed for me it said "Ravel Morrison has pointed out the reason for accepting this loan signing is because of Luton's good league standing"

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:53 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Congratulations on winning the league. When I done it at Bradford the first time I won the league (prem 2nd season) I then didn't win it for another 7 seasons. So kick on with your file, you've got a chance to build one of the greatest teams you've ever built. I think you downloaded my bradford file, and i've never had a team as good as that one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Morrison. :D

You did well to win it in your second season, this was my 6th Prem season. :| I won't quit on the file yet, just putting it to one side. I've never played this amount of seasons before, 2026 I'm in.. and it's the only thing I've done since December, time for a break. :lol:

I'd like to win the CL with Juve, which I think I'll crack on with tomorrow. Completed 6 seasons, won 5 leagues, 2 Italian cups, the super cup 4 times ish.

I did download it, just to look at the players. I still have it actually. I opened up FM11 the other day to have a look at my old Atletico team, it made me realise how much better this year's is, interface wise.. it's so much clearer to look at.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I got lucky to win it in my 2nd season hence why I didn't win it for another 7 seasons. I had a 33 yr old Adebayor hit 30+ goals. I won it with something like 76 points everyone was beating everyone and I just about pipped the title.

I've just won the League 2. I won it by 13 points. I only lost 3 games but I had 19 draws. League should have been won and tied up much earlier but I went on a run of 9 draws in a row and couldn't buy a win before normal service was resumed, the gap did get reduced to 6 points at one point and I was worried that I was going to throw away a 15 point lead.

Looking forward to League 1 and seeing what I can do. A lot of my players are out of contract this summer and I made something like 12 loan signings this season. (Loads of 3 month loads).

Morrison done really well for me. 9 goals and 7 assist in his 12 games with 5 motm performances. I'm sure he'll be able to make the step up to League 1 so will try and get him on loan again next season.

I've got a decent young German Keeper that'll do for next season but i'm not sure if i'll be able to keep hold of him, clubs are sniffing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

It's horrible when your form drops, towards the end of my season I was pooing my pants. The worst is when team morale goes down, but luckily, once you win it fires them all back up again.

I've spent a bit on my Juve save today, the game runs smooth and it's a breeze to play it because it's only a few seasons in, and there's no extra added files like there is with the FC database. The league is easy because the team is too good, I can just rotate anyone and still get wins. But I won't be happy until I win the CL.. people always seem to win it much quicker than me. :hmm:

I think (excuses :p ) it's because I rarely spend big on players, especially when I've first joined somewhere.

Something that's pleased me quite a lot on my FC save is that my wage budget is still tiny compared to most, and after 16 seasons in charge I have a net spend of just £12m... Arsenal bought a striker off me who never played for £10m, he's not even that good. But Arsenal are crap on this now.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Did you ever get a new stadium yet?

On my Bradford file I couldn't start competing financially until they took out a £300m loan and built us a 66k stadium the prize money and TV revenue just wasn't enough we were losing too much money a month.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

I have the one that's currently scheduled to be built in real life, with a couple of expansions since then.. 12k stadium.

My last expansion was 47 seats because the council won't let me do any more than that.

Need a new ground.. can't request one.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Board want a top half finish this season. Would it be a bit too cheeky of me too want to sneak a play off place :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

26 games played in league, W22 D4.. 22pts clear. The league will be over in a few games.

Won 5 of my 6 CL group games, still finished 2nd in group. Ended up drawing United, lost first leg at home 2-0. What a f*ck up.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Beat City (top of the league) 5-0 away last night :D

I think I'm in 16/17 season and have decided now is the time to start developing some of the prospects I've brought in over the past few seasons, and they're doing well. Niang is currently smashing it up front with something like 22 in 22. I've been playing a team of 21(ish) year olds with only Smalling and De Gea as the 'experience' for most matches, though for the big games I do bring out the big guns. Think I'm about two points off top which I'm very pleased with as this is very much a season of transition.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm about 18 games in to my League 1 season. Started off appallingly, 1 win from my first 5 games. Team all got on my back about us under performing. I called a team meeting and told them we'll get through this tough situation and be fine by the end of the season. Results have started picking up, went on a run of 9 games without dropping points and put ourselves back in the play off mix. 4 points behind the last place of the play offs. 7 from 3rd place. And 10 off of the title.

Amusingly, After me and Swansea started 4 divisions apart. Whilst I've had back to back promotions they've had back to back relegations. They're currently playing in League 1 with a wage total of £8.5m PA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

22 games in to the season. After not losing in 11 games we haven't won in 5 games.

3 points off 6th
8th behind 2nd
19 behind 1st.

Some team from Argentina just come in and got my boss to accept a £600k bid for one of my starting 11.

I'm in the final of the JPT and in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next