AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower


It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:42 pm 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 41339
Location: Cloud Cuckooland
Highscores: 3
Image

Everton Football Club has signed a deal with Sports Interactive which grants it exclusive access to Football Manager's database.

The developers of Football Manager will allow Everton manager David Moyes and his backroom employees access to their 370,000 player and staff database, which draws information from over 1,000 scouts around the world.

The game's original creator Paul Collyer, an Everton fan himself, said: "The game’s database is a valuable resource with the most extensive scouting network in football so Everton FC is making a top signing."

Sports Interactive studio director Miles Jacobson added that it was "fantastic" to achieve recognition from a Premiership team.

"We’ve known for a while that teams use the game to research certain players, whether to buy or to check out the opposition, but this formal recognition by a Premiership team is fantastic," he said.

Football Manager 2009 was released for the PC and PSP yesterday.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 am 
Offline
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:44 pm
Posts: 1630
Location: Anglesey/Bangor, N. Wales
Highscores: 1
Why not just buy a copy


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 am 
Offline
General of the Army
General of the Army
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 19588
Highscores: 1
Probably wouldnt give them the same in depth scout reports that they will now get. The claim to have assigned a scout to every club in england all the way down the the blue square north/south conference leagues

_________________
Because I'm young enough to be all pi**ed off
But I'm old enough to be jaded
I'm at the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 am
Posts: 798
Location: York
idontfeardeath wrote:
Probably wouldnt give them the same in depth scout reports that they will now get. The claim to have assigned a scout to every club in england all the way down the the blue square north/south conference leagues


Yet they still mess up, after having a look at the database some of the top players, eg Rio Ferdinand, are seriously underrated (only has a PA of 183) when he has been one of the stand out CBs in Europe for the last couple of years! God knows how they can get the rest right!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:19 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 11549
Highscores: 12
One of the biggest mistakes I've seen so far is giving Ashley Young 13 for set pieces. What a joke, he should be on about 16 or 17 IMO.

Another one is giving Rooney about 16 or 17 for finishing when we all now it should be about 10. They got it the wrong way round I think, in real life he plays well but can't finish to save his life, but in the game he can finish but plays shockingly (for me anyway).

Anyone playing as United got Anderson to play well yet? He's so bad for me it's unbelievable. I've tried him in CM and AM, given him a free role, made him fully attacking, can't think what else to try - he just doesn't play well. Saying that I'm not doing particularly well so not many of my team are playing well. Drew 0-0 at home with Hull :hmm:

_________________
Erik The Viking wrote:
I personally hope Corden dies in a house fire.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 8003
Location: The Library
Highscores: 1
Serbinator wrote:
Anyone playing as United got Anderson to play well yet? He's so bad for me it's unbelievable. I've tried him in CM and AM, given him a free role, made him fully attacking, can't think what else to try - he just doesn't play well. Saying that I'm not doing particularly well so not many of my team are playing well. Drew 0-0 at home with Hull :hmm:


Anderson was brilliant in FM08, he won young player of the year two years running before I decided to quit :blink:

_________________
Do nothing; nothing will change.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:32 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 am
Posts: 798
Location: York
Serbinator wrote:
One of the biggest mistakes I've seen so far is giving Ashley Young 13 for set pieces. What a joke, he should be on about 16 or 17 IMO.

Another one is giving Rooney about 16 or 17 for finishing when we all now it should be about 10. They got it the wrong way round I think, in real life he plays well but can't finish to save his life, but in the game he can finish but plays shockingly (for me anyway).

Anyone playing as United got Anderson to play well yet? He's so bad for me it's unbelievable. I've tried him in CM and AM, given him a free role, made him fully attacking, can't think what else to try - he just doesn't play well. Saying that I'm not doing particularly well so not many of my team are playing well. Drew 0-0 at home with Hull :hmm:


Had him playing brilliantly in the demo, and not too badly in the game now, i play a wierd formation tough, will get a screen shot when i get home, Nani plays brilliantly in that position too, have them swapping with the forwards so they both get in the goals!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'Football Manager' signs for Everton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 pm 
Offline
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 pm
Posts: 453
Highscores: 3
Pretty sure they won't be using it for Rio or Ashley though - i suppose the idea is to give a vague idea about a players current ability - I would assume the PA would be ignored and their own scouts would look at them to judge that

I'm waiting for the day at the beginning of every season where the FA force all players to do a load of tests (after sega sponsor the FA or summat) to ensure that all stats are as accurate as possible :D


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron