The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Football Manager 2010 News - Release Date 30th October
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

apparently there is going to be an announcement mid august but one of the senior developers (while Drunk) posted this on Twitter

this isn't a photoshop its genuine

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2010 News
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Are there less options, or are they just buried do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Can't see there being less options, looks to me like they're trying to streamline the interface a bit and make it less intimidating for newcomers.

Have to say I really like the look of that layout.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The calender looks pretty cool at the top of the screen makes it easier to keep up with fixtures especially if you've got midweek games etc.

Hopefully it's a bit easier to use i've found FM09 probably the hardest one so far to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like drow down menus more at the top to me rather than the left nav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah it definitely looks like a much better layout than the last one. The tabs look like a good way of getting around your teams instead of having to use the filters if you quickly want to flick between first and reserve teams.

I hope they properly adjust Arsenal on this game as they're impossible to beat on the current one and since i started a game as Spurs the fact that they tonk me 3 or 4 nil everytime really is putting my job on the line :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

on 2 of the 4 games i've played Man United have gone into administration in the 2nd season and been relegated, not while i was managing them i must add

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

jsut noticed no quick search box on there, shame thats pretty useful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Jarv wrote:
jsut noticed no quick search box on there, shame thats pretty useful

Yeah I hope they bring that back it's a one of my most used features.

They've pretty much nailed Man City on mine they literally just sign everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
United lose a ridiculous amount of money because of paying back the loans at like £7m a month or whatever it is. I was turning over a ridiculous amount of players just to keep the books balanced.

First season O'Shea Fletcher Carrick Foster Kuszack Brown Evans Neville Gibson all shown the door.

Bringing in Mazzarani and Toulalan plus youngsters who could be sold on. Luckily Fabio Nani Anderson Petrucci and Welbeck all had the potential to be fantastic players.

I really like the current game. In the current file i'm doing i'm Arsenal and 18 games in United have conceded 6 goals. I beat them 5-2.

But with age my hopes have faded

Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2010 News - Release Date 30th October
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

FM2010 is released 30th October 2010

Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2010 News - Release Date 30th October
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Football Manager 2010 features new tools and changes across the board including some big additions to improve ease of use, navigation and feedback from the game with the introduction of a brand new match tactics system, the debut of a Match Analysis tool, a completely new look and new User Interface among other features.

"We have worked very hard with the Football Manager community to target not only the areas of the game that needed re-working but also what we could add to improve what's already there. We've also conducted extensive usability studies which has led us to overhaul the whole presentation of the game, which we're really excited about," said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. "There has been a lot of polish to existing areas of the game but it's also driven us to introduce changes to answer some of the feedback. We're very confident that having done that we will deliver the very best Football Manager to date in October."

The introduction of a Tactics Creator makes it easier to instruct the team to play the way the manager wants, alongside the introduction of touchline 'shouts' and quick tactic changes for instantly altering your team's playing style during the match. Working with coaches from various levels of football, alongside some of the Football Manager communities most respected independent tacticians, the game now has an extensive array of pre-set tactical options allowing the user to select a player's role in the team (such as 'Ball winning midfielder' or 'Deep lying playmaker'), however the option to use the old 'slider' controls remains.

Feedback from matches has been improved to give the user better insight into where their team is going wrong, or right. A new Match Analysis tool lets players see where shots, passes, crosses, headers, tackles, fouls and interceptions have been made on the field for all players on the pitch. Managers can view this analysis both live in-game and post match, allowing them to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of both their team and their opponent's and adjust their tactics accordingly.

Football Manager 2010 features a brand new User Interface, with a light and a dark skin to choose from as part of a vibrant new look and has undergone a complete navigational overhaul. The side bar navigation of previous years has been replaced by an intuitive tab system at the top of the screen, making Football Manager's famed depth easier to navigate and will make the game more accessible to new players.

A brand new Data Editor will allow the addition of new divisions to existing leagues and of entirely new leagues as well as making it easier than ever to keep the game up to date, and do so for free. The delivery of information to the manager has been refined with users now able to sign up to the News Centre, an in-game subscription based newspaper that lets you get the news that you want about the football world and filter out the stories that you do not need, making the football world as immersive as you want it to be.

Following the debut of a 3D match view in Football Manager 2009, this year's release sees a revamp with improved AI, over 100 new animations for the 3D pitch view, new stadiums, crowds, realistic pitch degradation and better lighting, creating an even more realistic match experience.

Further new features will be announced via a series of blogs in the months leading up to the game's October 30th release date which will ensure that Football Manager retains its position as the most realistic, most played, highest reviewed and best selling football management simulation in the world.

Football Manager Handheld 2010 also has a host of new features and improvements, including a brand new skin for the game and improved match engine AI.

Screenshots here - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=7071
WARNING BIG IMAGES!!