Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 'CM 2010' dated for September
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Championship Manager 2010 will be released for the PC on September 11, according to Eidos Interactive and Beautiful Game Studios.

The new instalment of the popular football management sim will feature a full 3D match engine, giving players a more realistic overview of each game.

"I'm delighted to be able to confirm the September 11 release date for Championship Manager 2010,," said general manager Roy Meredith. "This edition contains features which will really set us apart from the competition such as CM Season Live which offers a totally new dimension to the football management genre.

"This is the culmination of two years incredibly hard work and the whole studio is genuinely excited about how gamers will react when they get the chance to play it for the first time."

A demo version will be available from August 14, allowing players to sample a six-month management stint within the game. All data from the sampler version can be carried over to the full game.

Championship Manager is one of the longest-running football management titles on the market, having debuted on home computers in 1992.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 'CM 2010' dated for September
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Is this instead of or as well as Football Manager? No idea about what happened with the 2 games but didn't it always used to be Championship Manager?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:55 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

RooneyLegend wrote:
Is this instead of or as well as Football Manager? No idea about what happened with the 2 games but didn't it always used to be Championship Manager?

Football Manager is produced by the people who owned the operating system that Champ manager used to run on.

Championship manager is an alternative operating system by the people who owned the rights to the name Championship manager.

The two split about 3 or 4 years ago.

Basically Football Manager is the "game" that we all used to play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
RooneyLegend wrote:

As well as.

Eidos owned the name Championship Manager, but after a fall out with the developers, they parted ways, but got a shock to find the developers owned rights to the database code, which is practically the whole game. So the CM developers changed the name of it to Football Manager, and Eidos were left to find a new game they could call CM.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 pm 
General
General

Also, if you can play a season on this in less than a week, I'd dump FM in a heartbeat. I even paid for FM09 this year, not that I've played more then 2 or 3 part seasons on it. Waste of money and time.

Post subject: Pay what you like for Championship manager 2010..no really
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

N A BRAVE MARKETING MOVE, gaming giant Eidos is allowing punters to pay whatever they think fit for their latest footy footling fest Championship Manager 2010.

The soccer management sim, which normally retails for £30, can be pre-ordered until September 10th for whatever you want to pay... or a penny. There's a 'transaction fee' of £2.50, but we're not going to quibble about that.

The software will be delivered direct to your desktop on September 11th and we're sure there will be lots of paid for add-ons available soon after that. This whole heroin dealer concept of giving your customers a 'free' taste is really catching on.

The full retail boxed version will come with a notebook and pencil (wohoo), as well as CM Season Live which the company is touting as 'a brand new way to play the game and prove your worth as a manager'.

Ah... there's the catch. The cheapskate version doesn't include the online element.
http://www.champmanstore.com/shop/preorder

not working at the moment on mine

Post subject: Re: Pay what you like for Championship manager 2010..no really
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The buy now doesnt work for me on that link either..but it does if I go through it from here

http://www.champmanstore.com/shop/index

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:21 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Got the demo of this yesterday, so far it's none too shabby, although I've lost 1 and drawn 2 of my 3 pre-season games so far. Lots of depth, and some clever features which are a bit less micro-management oriented than FM.

Scouting for instance you allocate your scouting budget for an area, and your scouts go there and give you weekly reports on the players they found, you don't have to individually allocate a scout to a country which I find a good thing.

There's a lot of things that I've not had time to go in depth on yet like training and set piece creations, as well as the more complex tactical stuff, but from what I've played I quite like it... and just like the real United my strikers take about 74 chances to get the ball in the net!!

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 am 
General
General

I'm grabbing the demo now. I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Apparently theres a fair few glitches in the game..something like, if you do the set piece creation thing, say its a corner you're setting up, you direct all your players to the wing and put your goal keeper in the middle of the box. When the corner is taken/being taken all your players run from the box, to the wing and the opposition defenders all follow them. Leaving just the goalkeeper in the box completely unmarked to score.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
borocooper wrote:
Apparently theres a fair few glitches in the game..something like, if you do the set piece creation thing, say its a corner you're setting up, you direct all your players to the wing and put your goal keeper in the middle of the box. When the corner is taken/being taken all your players run from the box, to the wing and the opposition defenders all follow them. Leaving just the goalkeeper in the box completely unmarked to score.

Is that a glitch, or is it pure genius?! :lol:

I'm a little on the fence, the main reason being the navigation is not so easy as in FM, and there are some useful things in FM that CM doesn't have like the star ratings given to players by your assistant and by scouts which are quite useful.

I'm going to say it's enjoyable, but could be better equipped.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

downloaded my £2.51 copy last night, downloaded quickly with no problems, not played it yet then