AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your game going?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
On my United file a team I seem to have problems with every time is Everton...WTF? Serious bogey side 8 games played against them 6 lost. The only team who've got a better head to head record against me.

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:02 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Had an epic game. 37th game of the season i'm 2 points clear of Chelsea with the better GD. The 37th game is at home to Arsenal. I went 2-0 down in 5 minutes. 3-0 down in 20 minutes.

Hernandez pulls one back in the 44th. Half time Smalling comes off for Evans and Fernandinho comes on for Fletch but the front 4 stay the same. Hernandez quickly pulls one back in the 49th and then that boy Hernandez pops up with the equalizer in the 77th minute. Job done and we go to Chelsea needing just a draw to win the title.

Hernandez ended up putting us 1 up in the 4th minute and the score remained the same through out.

In between them two games I had Liverpool in the Europa League final. Rafael got sent off in the 4th minute leaving us with a lot of the game with 10 men. Valencia comes off for Castro and Rooney moves to the right wing. Again Hernandez puts us 1 up in the 60th and Tiago sealed the victory in the 76th. Wouldn't have been so happy with winning the Europa League if it wasn't against Liverpool!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:28 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Me and Real Madrid are level on points at the top of the league, with 4 games left. I'm above them because I've beat them twice, they also have a much harder run in than me.

I've been carrying injuries which unsurprisingly hasn't hit me yet, Griezmann/Lodeiro/Babacar/Aguero/Sissoko were all out injured at one point, but now it's just the last three, they'll miss the end of the season too I think.

My young-gens have stepped in and done brilliantly, I even beat Barcelona 6-3 on aggregate in the CL semi to face United in the CL final (who beat City).

Borja Baston tore Barca a new arse. :bow:

Chumbinho, Belhini, Brdjanovic have all had to come in and take over from those injured, and they've been immense.

Jovetic and Sakho both banned for CL final, which might hurt. :(

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:04 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Just won league on last day of the season.

Real won their previous 3 games before final day (Sevilla, Valencia and Barcelona).. and I drew against deportivo in the 37th game.

I thought I'd blown it, I beat Racing Santander at home 3-1. And they lost 2-1 at Villareal, I won the league by one point on 98 pts. :cool:

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:48 am 
Major General
Major General

14 games into the season and I'm still just 2 points ahead of City. I've won 14 from 14 and they've won 13 from 14 while drawing the other. United are next in the queue, but they're 8 points behind me having lost 2 and drawn 1 of their first 14.

Since I retrained Mauro Frutos to play RM he has torn it up, goals and assists galore from the right hand side.

None of my CMs have really hit form this season though, McArthur has been the pick of them, which makes me glad I turned down his transfer request. Mikel, Gibson, and Sandro have all had runs in the side but not set the world alight.

Balotelli's done a pretty solid job on the left too which is all good cos my options for the left wing are Balotelli, Adu, Dorrans, or Cassano. Cassano's legs have gone, Dorrans is decent cover across the midfield but not good enough to be first choice, and Adu is ok in spells (although whenever he goes away with the US national team he invariably ends up player of whatever tournament!!).

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:53 am 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Beaten by United in the final, 1-0. :sigh:

I guess the injuries were too much, had to rely on two young strikers and they didn't get a sniff.

Promising season though.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 am 
Major General
Major General

10/07/2010 - Terry Liddle takes over at league 2 Gillingham
26/05/2018 - Terry Liddle leads Gillingham to Champions League glory against Real Madrid

So, just finished the 2018 season last night. Won the league by 10 points (finished with 100 points) from City. Thought I was in trouble earlier in the season after my 9 point lead had evaporated to nothing after 3 consecutive home defeats, but having caught me City faltered and ended up losing ground again.

Beat United in the League Cup final to win for the third consecutive year, although the board don't much care about that so next season I might start playing youth / fringe players.

Done Chelsea 3-1 in the FA Cup final to make that 2 years running.

Then after knocking out Arsenal in the semi of the CL I went into the final against Real (who'd beaten Atletico in the semi). Was a hard fought match with momentum going backwards and forwards. I missed Goodwillie who'd scored 3 goals over the 2 legs against Arsenal but also picked up the yellow card that saw him banned for the final.

In the 89th minute, with the score still 0-0, Alberto Paloschi pops up in the box and beats Casillas... only to see his shot rebound off the upright and be scrambled clear by Madrid.

Into extra time we go, and 5 minutes in... PENALTY TO GILLINGHAM. Up steps Rooney... saved!! Casillas guessed right and kept it out. Then after 105 minutes... PENALTY TO GILLINGHAM after Pjanic pulled Rooney down in the box... Rooney picks up the ball again, places it on the spot... GOALLLLLLLLL!!

Then just before the mid-way point in extra time Rafael gets injured, I'd already used all my subs, so had to go to ten men and re-jig the side with 3CBs and 2DMs.

Real are pouring on the pressure, but Gillingham are weathering the storm...

Then... 118 minutes on the clock Madrid get a corner... it's played in, and David Luiz levels from 5 yards out. The Gillingham players, staff, and fans are crestfallen. The last 2 minutes ebb away, and the match goes to penalties.

The first 5 for each team pass by, and it's 4-4 with Casillas and Smithies each having made a save. Both sides score their 6th spot-kick.

Then up steps Madrid's 7th taker... SAVED!! Smithies pulls off a great stop to keep out the guy whose name I can't remember!!

Up steps Phil Jones to take Gillingham's 7th, and potentially decisive spot-kick... GOALLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Gillingham lift the Champion's League trophy high, and the celebrations go on long into the night.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Modric is better than Fabregas

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/weeken ... 0Okc_yqXs;

You've gotta listen to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am 
Major General
Major General

I've left Gillingham. They gave me a transfer budget of £1m for the new season, and expected me to win the league again with it. With that and my two star centre backs angling for moves away, plus Rooney becoming increasingly less effective I figured that winning the league would be a no go on that sort of budget.

Bayern Munich offered me their manager's job just before the CL final, and I turned it down. Then along came an offer that I just couldn't say no to... Barcelona approached me, with a transfer budget of £150m, and a remaining wage budget of £1m.

The challenge: to rebuild an ageing side and re-conquer La Liga, overthrowing a very good Atletico Madrid side in the process.

I've kept the Gillingham file saved, and will probably revert to it at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:56 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Devil_Spawn wrote:
I've left Gillingham. They gave me a transfer budget of £1m for the new season...

Barcelona approached me, with a transfer budget of £150m, and a remaining wage budget of £1m.

I was just reading your other post... Gillingham must have built you a golden statue by now. Nicely done.

£150m vs £1m. No brainer really! I've started again with Everton with the latest update... took me 'til now to get until pre-season 2 with Boro. :lol:

Do you ever go back to old saves? I sometimes intend to but never get round to reloading them, I just start a new game when I get bored.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am 
Major General
Major General

conscience wrote:
I was just reading your other post... Gillingham must have built you a golden statue by now. Nicely done.

£150m vs £1m. No brainer really! I've started again with Everton with the latest update... took me 'til now to get until pre-season 2 with Boro. :lol:

Do you ever go back to old saves? I sometimes intend to but never get round to reloading them, I just start a new game when I get bored.

You'd think so, but alas they've not built me any statues at all... I'd have settled for bronze!!

My job status was bordering between very secure and untouchable, I would've been totally untouchable but for a few run-ins with the board over some issues, mainly financial.

I'm interested to see who they choose to follow on from me, and how they do after I poach some of the best talent!! I'm trying to bring Frutos (who was the best player in the PL last season) and Palmieri (a brilliant young CB who was making noises about a move to a "bigger club" half a season after joining Gillingham), and I might go after Phil Jones too. :lol:

I'll probably get bored at Barca, and go back to my Gills file, yeah. My spiritual home, and the place where I've built my reputation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm 
Major General
Major General

Carried on my Gillingham file a bit last night. I've bought in Matt Mills, Schweinsteiger, and Falcao on free transfers to try and bolster the squad a bit.

Michael Turner, Adel Taraabt, and Yaya Toure have gone on free transfers, I sold Dorrans for a couple if million, and Arsenal poached on of my youngsters (who I didn't actually want anyway).

The board agree with my reasons for asking for more money, but say they can't afford it... so it looks like my transfers will be limited to freebies unless I part with one of my prized assets (Bayern offered £20m for Frutos, City have bid £17m for Palmieri, a couple of clubs are interested in Jones, and Inter are chasing Rafael). I'm kinda wishing I'd taken Barca's £25m for Rooney when it was on offer cos he had a hit and miss season, and is 33 now... should've done the deal and used the money to strengthen (if the board gave me any of it).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

My 5th season hasn't gone too well. :ohohoh:

Gonna finish either 2nd or 3rd, only a few games left. From being 10 points infront of Real Madrid after just 5 games, I'm not miles behind them. Should've won this season easily. :thumbdown:

Knocked out in CL first knockout and did crap in the cup.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:20 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Just finished 6th season.

Finished third, again.. but finishing in third on 93 points really takes the p*ss. :sulk:

Got beaten by United in the CL final again too, they've won Prem 4 years on the bounce as well. :nur:

Won the Spanish cup 5-0, Getafe. :sigh:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:22 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I hadn't played Football Manager in at least 3 weeks. I turned my United file on last night and ended up playing until 5 this morning :doh:

I finished the 6th season and City took the title by 2 points. I won the other 3 trophys but deemed the season a failure.

I'm not 22 games in to the next season and this one will be Vidic's last. Possibly Rooneys too depending on how much money I can get for him. I'm 2 points clear of City and it's a clear 2 horse race.

At the end of this season it'll be Rafael Fabio Evans and Petrucci as the only United started.

Petrucci whose now 25 hasn't done anything to date and has spent every season out on loan. He's worth £5.5m but no one is interested in paying that sort of money for him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
Playing this for the first time ever, as Everton. Surprise surprise!

Around half way through the season I am second in the league think its W12 D7 L2. Way behind Chelsea in first as they pretty much win every game including the one against me so far. I have United and Spurs hot on my heels but I am just about keeping above them for now.

I'm in the semi final of the league cup against Stoke in about a week. I have a bit of fixture congestion with league and fa cup games before then. I am considering sacrificing the fa cup as I have City in the third round which is tough and I would rather go out of one cup with my second team in order to concentrate on winning the league cup as I have got so far and finishing top 4 in the league.

Transfers is my biggest problem so far, I have only managed to sell Pienaar (to raise funds) for £4.5m to United which I think I could have held out for more. I have several other players on the transfer list but no one is interested, thinking I might start offering them to clubs, does that actually help? Cause I can't sell anyone to raise funds I've asked the board to raise my transfer and wage budget which they have reluctantly agreed to. So now I am in the January transfer window I am looking at buying Hulk from Porto. He is good all round, very fast and relatively young and cheap. Also looking at Nicolas Rodeiro at Ajax as a long term replacement for Cahill but I am having trouble agreeing a fee.

So far so good though, didn't think I would enjoy a football game where I don't control the players but I find it very addictive and surprisingly good fun! Not sure this run of good form is going to continue though the media keep telling me my bubble is going to burst!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'd definitely sacrifice the FA Cup. Getting in to the Champions League brings in so much revenue.

Just prepare yourself for the old second season syndrome. Keep the squad fresh!

Don't lose Rodwell whilst in real life he may not be the player people talk him up to be in the game he will get immense.

Offering players out to clubs will make you more likely to sell them.

You're making a good first attempt!!

If you think you're going to make the champions league then make some of your bids over 48 months in the future you'll have the money to cover the fee (Over 48 months only takes 1/4 of your transfer budget so if you've got a £4m transfer budget you could make a £16m signing)

Also if you get any potential of future transfer fee as part of the negotiations from the selling team always reduce it to 10% they'll generally agree without changing the fee you have to pay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my file i'm currently playing as United and just entered 2019. Bebe scored against me for Liverpool and is fast turning in to a legend for them :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:08 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
Cheers. That settles it I think, I'll put my second team out in the FA Cup and just see what happens.

Definitely wasn't looking at getting rid of Rodwell, he is back up for Fellaini but I am using him a fair bit with squad rotation and to cover Fellaini's suspensions (its realisitic isn't it!)

Great advice about the 48 month transfers, I knew about it but had completely forgotten and this will come in really handy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:10 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Moyes_Is_God wrote:
Playing this for the first time ever, as Everton. Surprise surprise!

Transfers is my biggest problem so far, I have only managed to sell Pienaar (to raise funds) for £4.5m to United which I think I could have held out for more. I have several other players on the transfer list but no one is interested, thinking I might start offering them to clubs, does that actually help? Cause I can't sell anyone to raise funds I've asked the board to raise my transfer and wage budget which they have reluctantly agreed to. So now I am in the January transfer window I am looking at buying Hulk from Porto. He is good all round, very fast and relatively young and cheap. Also looking at Nicolas Rodeiro at Ajax as a long term replacement for Cahill but I am having trouble agreeing a fee.

So far so good though, didn't think I would enjoy a football game where I don't control the players but I find it very addictive and surprisingly good fun! Not sure this run of good form is going to continue though the media keep telling me my bubble is going to burst!

I thought we were all already FM addicts but welcome to the club anyway! :D

And Everton are a good team to play with, rumour has it the team benefits from some SI Games' owners love as they're big Everton fans.

It can be madly addictive as you'll find out!

That's not a bad record so far either, especially for your first season. I'd play the kids and reserves in the FA Cup too, my main aim would be getting CL football not only for the extra money but also to attract better players.

And I'd forgotten about the 48 month fee thing... it's a pity the window just closed on my Wigan game. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I believe Everton and SI share a relationship where SI offer everton there scouting files.

I've actually not seen Everton do any good in this version of FM - They always have the players stolen straight from em.

Tottenham have a ridiculous side on my file. Regularly spend £50m+ a summer.

They took a 32 yr old Rooney off of my hands for £31m Fabio for £29.5m and Rafael for £19m

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next