AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your game going?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Quote:
The computer game series "Football Manager" is considered by many fans to be one of the most realistic football-management simulations ever. The in-game database includes the data of over 370,000 players scattered all over the world.

Most of the data is gathered by local fans who send their findings to a main researcher for a specific area. He filters out the unrealistic entries before mailing his research to London to the headquarters of the developing firm Sports Interactive Games.

Over the past decade or so, Football Manager (FM), its predecessor Championship Manager, and developing firm Sports Interactive Games (SI Games) have built up an excellent reputation for scouting talent at a very early age.

Many talents that have exploded onto the world stage were recognised by gamers world-wide as FM talents two or three years ago.

Just to give you an example, a player like Javier Saviola moved to Europe in 2001, but he's been a big hit with FM fanatics ever since the 1999 version of the game where he was one of the biggest young talents in the game. The same applies to players like Wayne Rooney, Lionel Messi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristian Ronaldo, and many others.

The fan input gives the game this excellent database. There is no way a company could afford to have professional researchers check out every team in every nation, so this way SI could retrieve reliable and cheap data. After all, handing out complementary games to your researchers will hardly cost you a great deal when your revenue is as good as it is, right?

For reference, the game is generally among the top selling games in the months of December and January which is when the new game is released and millions of copies are sold world-wide.

Anyway, as of last Sunday, Premiership side Everton has announced a deal with Sports Interactive which will grant David Moyes and his staff unrestricted access to SI's player database.

As I said before, over 370,000 players are crammed into one database and Everton reckon it will help them scout more easily abroad. An official press release by the Toffees states: "In the past, Football Manager has accurately identified Wayne Rooney’s potential talent when he was just 15 and has been the first to predict other future stars including Lionel Messi, Ashley Young, and Jose Baxter.”

According to David Moyes, "The 2009 edition gives a real insight to what life is like as a Premier League manager, from buying players to playing matches, and I am sure, as in previous years, it will provide hours and hours of entertainment for fans whatever their team."

Nothing being said about using the game for scouting purposes, right?

Well, that's not quite true according to SI Games' leading developer Miles Jacobson. “We’ve known for a while that teams use the game to research certain players, whether to buy or to check out the opposition, but this formal recognition by a premiership team is fantastic and we are sure it will prove a fruitful one for the Everton FC.”

And they said football management games were not realistic enough. Ha!

But with age my hopes have faded

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
idontfeardeath wrote:
I believe Everton and SI share a relationship where SI offer everton there scouting files.

I've actually not seen Everton do any good in this version of FM - They always have the players stolen straight from em.

Tottenham have a ridiculous side on my file. Regularly spend £50m+ a summer.

They took a 32 yr old Rooney off of my hands for £31m Fabio for £29.5m and Rafael for £19m

Correct, and IIRC didn't Everton pay something like £500,000 to use those scouting files?

And it's about time somebody got revenge on Daniel Levy! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Use city to up the transfer fee and then when other teams come in with the offer reject citys bid :snigger:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Highscores: 28
I'd heard rumours about managers using the game too but thought it was a bit of a joke.
Obviously not! No wonder we keep signing all these unknown so called wonder kids!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
idontfeardeath wrote:
An official press release by the Toffees states: "In the past, Football Manager has accurately identified Wayne Rooney’s potential talent when he was just 15 and has been the first to predict other future stars including Lionel Messi, Ashley Young, and Jose Baxter.”

Spot the odd one out :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Serbinator wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:
An official press release by the Toffees states: "In the past, Football Manager has accurately identified Wayne Rooney’s potential talent when he was just 15 and has been the first to predict other future stars including Lionel Messi, Ashley Young, and Jose Baxter.”

Spot the odd one out :lol:

Oi! There's still time for that one to come true! :unsure:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Finished first season.
Premier League - 2nd! Five points behind Chelsea, 5 points in front of United = very pleased!
FA Cup - Semi Final - went out to Chelsea in extra time = not bad at all!
League Cup - Winners - beat Chelsea on penalties = great to get a trophy and stop Chelsea winning everything!

Overall - can't believe how well I did, for next season we are now 5th favourites for the title at 14-1!

Transfers - so far just sold Pienaar to United for £4.5m.
Bought Chamberlain for £475k
Bought Phil Jones for £4.2m plus James Vaughan.
Trying to buy Rossi but will need to shell out £19m! After various successes my budget has gone up to £23.5m but is this really worth it?

Been offered a massive deal to re sign with Everton but shouldn't I just take a low wage so I have more money to spend on players? lol!
Loan signing of Macheda has been a big plus!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 am 
General
General

Well done, and now you've got Chelsea in your sights. You gunna go for Rossi? If it's worth it depends on who else your side needs in other positions, if it's all covered go for it. Good striker is Rossi, but I've not had him in the PL.

I'm still early season with a vastly improved Wigan side, nothing to report except I'm in the top 6 but the top teams still to come.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Phil Jones for £4mil?! :thumbup:

If you want another CB I'd recommend looking at Raphael Varane - he was unbelievable in my game and scored a ridiculous amount for a defender.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Really tempted to just take the gamble. Its a lot of money but I need a bit more class up front. Saha and Yakubu have done ok but they aren't consistent enough.
I shouldn't really need to buy anyone else after bringing, Chamberlain, Jones and Rossi in. I have loads of young players coming through and coming through pretty well to be fair.

Just got to get used to dealing with stroppy footballers. Doesn't take much to annoy them does it?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 pm 
General
General

Moyes_Is_God wrote:
Really tempted to just take the gamble. Its a lot of money but I need a bit more class up front. Saha and Yakubu have done ok but they aren't consistent enough.
I shouldn't really need to buy anyone else after bringing, Chamberlain, Jones and Rossi in. I have loads of young players coming through and coming through pretty well to be fair.

Just got to get used to dealing with stroppy footballers. Doesn't take much to annoy them does it?!

A consistent striker (after a reliable goalie) is always my top priority on FM. Makes a big difference. Goodwillie is a cheaper option and he's consistent in the prem so far 4 goals out of 3(3) or something.. bargain for a couple of million but not on the small database. He did very well for Spawny too IIRC.

Got De Gea for Wigan and he's having the same problems as in real life adjusting to the prem... should have waited for him to start the season instead of cheating and swapping him with an editor to see how good he was for my other game lol. :whistle:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
Won treble in 8th season, and a Spanish Super Cup on the top of that at the start of the season.

Season 9 I won the lot, only lost two games all season in all comps (1 in league, and 1 in Spanish Cup semi but it was over by then anyway). Won Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, and World Club Cup.. scored just shy of 240 goals in all comps.

Atletico now ranked the best team in Europe (have been for a few seasons), and now richest in the world as well. The only thing I could ask for more is a bigger fanbase.. still don't sell out apart from big games. Ground only holds about 73k too.

Part time twunts.

League table

Fixtures

Player stats

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

Last edited by Reedo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:04 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Here goes currently in my 20th season with Manchester United. And have won the:

Premiership: 17 times
Champions League: 7 times
FA Cup: 12 times
League Cup: 11 times
Super Cup: 6 times
World Club Championship: 6 times
Community Shield: 13 times
Manager of the year: 15 times

We now currently play our home games at the 129,500 capacity Elliott Stadium. Have been the best team in europe for longer than i can remember.

Plus FC United cropped up one season into the Blue Square North only noticed halfway through the season and couldn't do enough to keep them up so got sacked. They came back into it 4 or 5 seasons later and i won the league. Then took them straight up through the Blue Square Premiership finishing 1st. Finished 4th in League 2 and got knocked out in playoff's then finished 1st. Then finished 2nd in League 1. Spent 4 seasons in the Championship and got knocked out of the Playoff's once before finishing second. Spent two seasons in the Premiership finishing 12th and 8th.

This season is in Feb United currently 11 points clear in the league and FC united are in 9th only 8 points behind 3rd with 10 games to go.

Fc united are also about to move into a new home ground called FC United stadium with a capacity of 23,500.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

You only won the league 17 out of 20 seasons? Slacking... :lol:

...BTW the new record for goals scored in a season is 141 :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:38 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

17 out of 19 completed seasons ;) in my 20th and winning it. My 60+ goals a season stirker has now gone south and havent found someone who can score as many as him yet, so only getting 110 a season atm...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:14 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

idontfeardeath wrote:

B*ll*cks!

I might do an FC United save actually, before new one comes out. Been meaning to for months. I'm bored atm.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wasn't sure you could do one from the off as they are not a blue square north side at the start of the game i just got lucky as during my season with united they got randomly promoted into it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Red25 wrote:
Wasn't sure you could do one from the off as they are not a blue square north side at the start of the game i just got lucky as during my season with united they got randomly promoted into it.

Yea there's a well maintained database to download that let's you start at the 7th tier. :cool:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Reedo wrote:
Red25 wrote:

Yea there's a well maintained database to download that let's you start at the 7th tier. :cool:

I was not aware of such a thing, shame on me lol....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Reedo wrote:
idontfeardeath wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Haha nice!!

Me and Red25 know eachother and had matched at 134 for a good few months without either of us managing to beat it.

You're beating both of us though, I've got 10 games left if my current season and i'm on 101 hopefully I can throw in a few batterings and catch your total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next