The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oranje Boom
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Only 90 minutes if you lose to Germany and Denmark get a point vs Portugal :ohmy:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
In which we see a plucky pair of Dutch fans doing their bit to aid Holland’s Euro 2012 bid by sneaking under a fairly hefty looking gate, pulling out a huge orange wheel clamp out and whacking it on the Germany team bus for a bit of lark – before being chased off the premises by security…

:cheer: any excuse to say 'mannschaft'

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

THE troubled Dutch are in chaos as a series of explosive rows tears their camp apart.

Bert van Marwijk’s side were slammed by their national media following last Saturday’s shock 1-0 defeat against Denmark.

One headline blasted: ‘Legoland beat Egoland’.

But that only hints at the much bigger problems in and around the Holland squad, which include:

- Arsenal’s Robin van Persie and Manchester City’s Nigel de Jong refusing to talk to the Press.

- Klaas Jan Huntelaar being jealous of Van Persie for playing ahead of him and refusing to talk too.

- Dutch fans bombarding phonelines calling for Van Marwijk’s head.

- Players claiming their under-fire boss is blinded by family loyalty as he refuses to drop son-in-law Mark van Bommel.

The situation became too much for Holland playmaker Wesley Sneijder to take ahead of tonight’s crucial Group B clash with Germany.

Defeat could see the Dutch become the first casualties of the Group of Death.

Sneijder blasted: “It is time we let these pathetic egos go."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

One player who is suffering most from Van Marwijk’s loyalty to Van Bommel is Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart — and no one can buy his silence.

Holland’s most-capped player, 29, said: “I have the right to speak out with 97 caps behind my name. If Holland want to win, the coach has to play me in the starting line-up.

“I am no longer prepared to deny I am finding this role really tough. Do you know how frustrated I feel?

“I am in the best form of my life and I train so hard but I get the impression the team selection is not going to change in my favour.

“I don’t want to cause a mess that would have a big effect on the others but it does not look like my position is going to change.

“Hardly any changes have been made to this team since the 2010 World Cup and that is great when you are in the starting line-up but it’s crap when you’re on the bench.

“I feel like a young dog that is dying to get out but is caged in.”

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Yeah... that'll do his chances of getting picked a lot of good :nono:

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Manager won't be best pleased but competition in those attacking positions is high

Apparently dropping Sneijder would be very political and he performs for Holland.

You have to remember Huntelaar who got 40 odd goals this season is also warming the bench.

As for VDV club form I didn't think he had that great a season at Spurs towards the end of the season. He didn't seem to get going again after his injuries.

When he's on his game though he's great to watch

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Sneijder was their best player in the first match. If anything, VdV would have to content himself with playing a wide role, maybe in place of Robben who was cack against Denmark.

I kinda want Holland to do well (I got them in the AGR sweepstake :lol: ) but can't see it, they're a bit disjointed.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Spawny wrote:
Sneijder was their best player in the first match. If anything, VdV would have to content himself with playing a wide role, maybe in place of Robben who was cack against Denmark.

I kinda want Holland to do well (I got them in the AGR sweepstake :lol: ) but can't see it, they're a bit disjointed.

Agree about Sneijder, he was really good in the first game. Some of his balls through were delicious.

They couldn't drop Robben, if either of the wingers were to be dropped surely it should be Affelay who was equally as useless as Robben, but with Robben everyone knows what he's capable of so you give him some leeway.

If I was the manager VdV would be nowhere near my team. I really don't rate him, and don't like the way he plays. And yeah, he had a pretty rubbish season with Spurs.

I'd be very tempted to drop RvP in favour of Huntelaar.

I've just got my Dutch shirt through the post (fake of course :p ), so would be nice to see them get out the group stage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm 
Major
Major

Highscores: 10
What's this. The Dutch team contains a number of players with large egos and in-fighting is rife.

Strange - that's never happened before.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
Major General
Major General

Serbinator wrote:
Agree about Sneijder, he was really good in the first game. Some of his balls through were delicious.

They couldn't drop Robben, if either of the wingers were to be dropped surely it should be Affelay who was equally as useless as Robben, but with Robben everyone knows what he's capable of so you give him some leeway.

If I was the manager VdV would be nowhere near my team. I really don't rate him, and don't like the way he plays. And yeah, he had a pretty rubbish season with Spurs.

I'd be very tempted to drop RvP in favour of Huntelaar.

I've just got my Dutch shirt through the post (fake of course :p ), so would be nice to see them get out the group stage.

Thing with Robben is, yes he's capable of winning a game single handed, but he's so selfish that if he has a bad game he contributes nothing to the team. Having him come off the bench might also make him realise he's not bullet-proof, so he'll try to make a statement.

Huntelaar for / with RVP wouldn't be a bad shout.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I want Germany and Holland to go through for the sake of my DT. But atleast I'll know by the end of tonight whether I should be focusing on taking RVP out of my side at the end of this round of games.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

2yr old can name all the team beaten by Dëutsch Mannschaft

:unsure: i just wanted to say Mannschaft

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The Dutch as dutch as ever - 11 individuals on the field. Frankly this side (and probably the coach) had it's zenith in 2010 imo. Robben was selfish as ever, JKH looks like the donkey i always see vs the one I read about scoring goals galore, RvP scored at least but has been generally awful, Sneijder and VdV were their best players these 2 games - their CBs are rubbish. Heitinga would struggle to get into that position at Everton and Mathieson..the less said the better! But the wingbacks are the worst... how far has the Oranje fallen to have to trust in Jethro Willems at LB?? long gone are the days of Gio (2 years to be exact lol). :unsure:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

yet only v Bronckhorst & Kuyt were missing from the World Cup Final team.... funny old game football...

....and i disagree, i think the Dutch looked OK without Afellay & v Bommel..... Sneijder on the left & vd Vaart through the middle :shrug: should have started that side

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
yet only v Bronckhorst & Kuyt were missing from the World Cup Final team.... funny old game football...

....and i disagree, i think the Dutch looked OK without Afellay & v Bommel..... Sneijder on the left & vd Vaart through the middle :shrug: should have started that side

Well I did allude to those two being their best players. Bertie doesn't seem to trust VdV yet it's obvious Afellay has been poor.. comes from not playing most of the calendar year I suppose. Btu the defence is the worst part..it's one thing not to score, but the kind of goals they are conceding... They had 2 DMs on and Schweinsteiger & Ozil were in acres of space all game :shrug:

They looked "OK" yes, but they should be looking "good'.. there's a big gap between defence and attack that just about got filled a bit when vdV came ont o help Sneijder out.

At least start the side that performed well in 2nd half v Denmark.. also where's Strootman? He's a better player in attack than De Jong and may be the kind of outlet they are missing to link that gap between the 6 defenders and the 4 forwards... Van Bommel's legs have been gone a while too..since 2010/11.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 am 
Major General
Major General

As mediocre as Holland have been I've been really impressed with Sneijder. I've never been overly impressed with him in the past but assumed I just caught poor games from him, these couple of games have shown me he is a class act. Shame we didn't pick him up when he left Madrid.

Definitely want to see a bit of Strootman in the last game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Serbinator wrote:
As mediocre as Holland have been I've been really impressed with Sneijder. I've never been overly impressed with him in the past but assumed I just caught poor games from him, these couple of games have shown me he is a class act. Shame we didn't pick him up when he left Madrid.

Definitely want to see a bit of Strootman in the last game.

He looked good when he went out left. Isn't VDV on his way out of spurs. I wouldn't say no to him on the cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 am 
Major General
Major General

I really don't like Vdv, wouldn't have him at United even on a free.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

VDV is reported to be going back to Germany as his wife works there and he'll probably get ECL football I don't think he's suit Utd he's at his best being the centre of attention and at Utd he never would be plus the fact he's not fit enough to play 90 minutes even after 2 seasons in England is a concern.

I thought the Dutch were good going forward but Germany's movement killed Van Bommel he was a real weak link Ozil pulled him all over the place with his movement and the other midfielders took gambles against him.

I think they have the potential to really hammer Portugal if they setup like they did in the second half vs Germany and as the Germans haven't qualified they can't really put a weakened side out vs Denmark.

Would I be right in saying that if Germany beat Denmark and Holland beat Portugal it would come down to GD? As all head to heads would be equal between 2nd, 3rd & 4th. If Denmark lose they'll have GD of -1 the Dutch start on -2 and Portugal start on 0.

This could be a seriously tight group and as the games are played at the same time could be lots of twists and turns. Felt sorry for Willems last night he clearly struggled with Muller and Ozil kept coming over to the left to get involved and they didn't really protect their weak link at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If Germany win and Holland win 2-0. Germany and Holland go through.

If Denmark win and Portugal win. Then the 3 teams will all be on 6 points and Germany could still go out on GD.

But with age my hopes have faded