AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

conscience wrote:
Reedo wrote:
Playing with United is no fun.

You're right, it's a little easy, but I traditionally play my first season on the new game as United, while I find out the new bits and differences with it. Then I find something a little more challenging, eg my last 2010 save was Scunthorpe.

I do exactly the same. Then I'll play a CL outsider than a random team such as Halifax or Togo.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
idontfeardeath wrote:
In the league this yr i'm 11 off the leaders back in 4th.

I won the last 19 games of the season and took the league :fonz:

Won the champions league also. Come runners up in my group (played a complete second 11 in all 6 games) then done Dortmund R. Madrid Inter A. Madrid (A.Madrid were the team that topped my group)

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:40 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Won 3 league titles, 3 Carling Cups, 1 FA Cup, 3 Community Shields, 1 Champions League, 1 Super Cup, and the World Club Championship with West Ham, currently in the year 2016. O'Sullivan & Gold have just built me a new 55,000 stadium aswell called 'The West Ham Stadium' :no: The loan money I have to pay back for the new ground is absolutely crippling the club though, just under a Million a month going out I think :angry:

The best thing about the game is the top players falling out with their managers :lol: So far iv managed to poach Dzeko, Benzema, and Hart on free transfers! Players iv bought on the cheap after they've got the face on at their current club are... Balotelli (5M), Micah Richards (3M), Craig Gordon (1.2M), and Witsel for 8M. Rooney & Tevez have both fallen out with their clubs, Tevez is available for 8M and Rooney 14M. I couldnt afford either but put a bid in anyways to have a look at the sort of wages they wanted and was shocked! Tevez wanted 275k a week, with a signing on fee of 24M, his greedy agent wanted 16M :ohmy: Rooney (The scouse git!) wanted 325k a week, 22M signing on fee and his agent wanted 20M! No thanks lads. :nono:

Balotelli and Dzeko upfront are unstoppable though! Their best season was a combined 88 goals in all Comps!

Iv also been buying alot of youth's with shit stats, but high on the Flair stat. Iv got an unknown Spanish play maker called Merina in the heart of my midfield. He'e about 20 years old. 13 at passing, but 19 at Flair and 17 on the Pace. He's my best midfielder by far. He's been in my first team for a season and half. First full season he got 21 assists and 8 goals, and was voted Young Player Of The Year. Not bad for 500k and £900 a week!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:20 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Interesting, normally I don't really pay attention to a player's flair stats, didn't think it was that important.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm 
Major General
Major General

Fresti wrote:
Interesting, normally I don't really pay attention to a player's flair stats, didn't think it was that important.

Same here. I'll occasionally look at creativity, but not flair.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Nice one YSB, that's good. And they do argue a lot don't they? :lol: A couple of mine are in the black book, and Gary O'Neil (I'm Boro) will never play again... I only asked him to switch play to the flanks... The cheeky git! :hmm:

I look forward to the players I can poach too. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Yeah just abit mate! I had that Zezinho for a season, could never make him happy! Wouldnt listen to my advise, didnt get on with Balotelli, was jealous of other peoples wages. The list goes on!

Still... It's the best FM by a country mile isnt it! How you doing with Boro?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
YSB! wrote:
Yeah just abit mate! I had that Zezinho for a season, could never make him happy! Wouldnt listen to my advise, didnt get on with Balotelli, was jealous of other peoples wages. The list goes on!

Still... It's the best FM by a country mile isnt it! How you doing with Boro?

Rich pr1ck Nanny 2011 anyone? And yeah it's better than 2010, nice and quick, though still not used to their reactions.

Just starting, only played 2 games so far, but I won 2-0 and 3-0... was extra nice tonking Ipswich away 'cause Keano was being mean to me in the press. :wink: Had massive trouble attracting anyone with quality, can't even spend the budget... there's loads of same as I've got quality players say yes, but the rest... :rolleyes: I'm sick of seeing the my client won't even negotiate a contract screen even when bids were accepted. :wall: Though I did get Witsel so one to me, and there's 2 weeks of the transfer window left, but it's looking like my preseason business is done. Boyd and Macheda (on loan) are just gunna have to do lol.

O'Neil is in the reserves. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:44 pm 
Major General
Major General

I'd say Macheda and Boyd is not a bad pairing there Con, should get you plenty of goals... unless FM is very realistic in which case Boyd will be cack then wanna go home to Scotland.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Haha that'l teach O'Neil!

I had Macheda on loan at West Ham, I couldnt get naff all out of him. Hope you have better luck! Rafael & Fabio are good loan signings if you need full backs. Jack Wilshire is also worth a dabble too pal!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:01 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Devil_Spawn wrote:
Fresti wrote:

Same here. I'll occasionally look at creativity, but not flair.

Let me know if you guys have some luck with it too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am 
Major General
Major General

I shall have a go and see if it works mate. I signed an Estonian international last night, he was a free agent and I needed someone who could play on the right wing as I only had one player for that spot. I like that agents pitch players to you now, I've signed a few that agents have suggested.

Calderon, Moizini, Menetrier, and now this Estonian lad. All done good so far. :thumbup:

Of course that's 4 players out of hundreds that agents want me to sign... :wall:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:10 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Devil_Spawn wrote:
I shall have a go and see if it works mate. I signed an Estonian international last night, he was a free agent and I needed someone who could play on the right wing as I only had one player for that spot. I like that agents pitch players to you now, I've signed a few that agents have suggested.

Calderon, Moizini, Menetrier, and now this Estonian lad. All done good so far. :thumbup:

Of course that's 4 players out of hundreds that agents want me to sign... :wall:

:lol: Yeah, t'is good that! Iv had a few decent signings that my backroom staff have suggested aswell! Who you managing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:17 pm 
Major General
Major General

YSB! wrote:
:lol: Yeah, t'is good that! Iv had a few decent signings that my backroom staff have suggested aswell! Who you managing?

The mighty Gillingham, closest league club to me, and in fact that only league club in Kent.

I've picked up one or two that the backroom staff suggested, but most haven't been that great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
(continued from the six nations thread)

Didn't say he's not a good player Steve, he's just a massive c**t to deal with. Whatever advice you give him he comes back with 'I don't think that will improve my game' or whatever. I'm the manager you little scrot, do what I tell you!!

Only got the game last week, just doing a United game to kick off. Hernandez and Macheda are both brilliant, which is lucky as Berba broke his leg about two weeks into the season and Wayne tore his hamstring.

Bought a couple of players, gone for the youth approach. Got some guy called Antoine Griezmann in January, scored 6 in 8 games from centre midfield. Picked up Lukaku as well who's done well so far despite not scoring many. Brought in Akinfeev as well, hasn't done brilliantly but my defence was leaky with VDS in as well so I don't really blame him.

Currently top of the league by six points, City second with a game in hand. Through to the Quarters in the CL against Seville (iirc). Knocked out the CC by City :rant:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Griezman was my first signing on the game along with Javi Martinez.

I played a 4-5-1 in my first file.

Tore it apart. The games good but too easy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:20 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
What tactics do you use for your back 4?

With the last two FMs, I've been one of the top scoring teams in the league, every single time.

But at the same time, in each game, for my position I've been the side that's conceded the most goals by far.

Does my bloody head in.

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'm the same Reedo.

Back 4 - Automatic with the full backs and not the ball playing cb just the other one which I can't remember the name of and haven't got FM open.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33 pm 
Euro2012 Winner
Euro2012 Winner

Highscores: 7
I draw games like 2-2, 3-3 quite a lot, also losing games in that I've scored 2/3 in.. pisses me off!

Quote:
Manchester United fans look away now: Paul Pogba has been crowned the best young player in Europe.

Image :snigger:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Coming to the end of the first season - I'm on course for the treble. League is all but in the bag, in the CL final against Arsenal and have City in the FA cup final.

Only lost once in the league despite not being overly impressive I'd say (a lot like real life), and my route to the CL final has been easy - finished second to Madrid in the group stage, then was drawn against Valencia, Roma and Shaktar.

This season has been pretty easy, suspect it won't be quite so easy next season.

Edit: anyone else find you get a lot of long term injuries? As I mentioned before both Berba and Wayne had bad ones at the start, then Nani was out for about three months, now Valencia tore his hamstring and has been out for two months. Valencia has been superb too, 12 goals and 15 assists in 32 games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next