The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Meeeeeelan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Very harsh - I hope Seedorf gets another gig, possibly in his native Holland. 11 of 19 wins with the sh*t average side Milan has become the past 2+ years was a good run - it wasn't his fault that the previous coach left them int hat position. Berlusconi & co :thumbdown:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I wouldn't even blame it on the coach the guys running the club sold all the best players like Ibra & Silva to get the wage bill down and replaced them with cr*p they went down the route of youth then every 6 months they'd panic and sign some random senior player to plug a gap.

The economic/political situation around Silvio means he can't keep signing off cheques to cover big losses and now maybe we're seeing just how bad the books are at that club and Juventus just seem to be going from strength to strength.

I'm sure Seedorf will find some work pretty easily but he might take a little break first as he rushed into management and like you say maybe a move back to Holland if he seriously wants to go into management but I get the impression the decision to go back to Milan was one made with his heart and not his head.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Nigel de Jong has quashed rumours he could be leaving AC Milan by claiming he has no problems with managerial changes.

Speculation over the 29-year-old Holland midfielder’s future arose following the departure of Clarence Seedorf, who was sacked and replaced by Filippo Inzaghi.

Eager to quell the transfer rumours, De Jong spoke out to deny any upset with the new coaching staff and admits he feels good at the club.

De Jong made 33 Serie A appearances for the Rossoneri last term as well as featuring in eight UEFA Champions League matches and is keen to remain at the club.

"I feel good at Milan and I have no problems in staying next season even if the coach is changed,” De Jong told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I can only assure I haven't asked Milan to leave and I am perfectly happy with the Rossoneri.

"This is not the time to be thinking about club matters. At the moment, I am only concentrating on the World Cup and the Netherlands’ destiny.”

The defensive midfielder has made 45 appearances for the Italian club since his move from Premier League giants Manchester City.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Milan president, Silvio Berlusconi, has revealed he came close to selling Mario Balotelli to an unnamed Premier League club before the World Cup.

The Italy striker has been strongly linked with a return to England this summer, with Arsenal reportedly keen to acquire his services for around €35m (£28m).

The former Manchester City striker scored the winner against England but that was his only goal in three appearances in Brazil, as Italy suffered early elimination from the tournament.

“Other than Italy, I lost during the World Cup,” Berlusconi was quoted as saying in Gazzetta dello Sport. “I was about to sell Balotelli to an English team for several millions. But after this World Cup who will buy him any more?”

His daughter Barbara Berlusconi, Milan’s vice-president, last month hinted at the possibility of a Balotelli transfer this summer by saying he is “replaceable”.

Balotelli’s agent has also suggested his client will move away from the San Siro. Mino Raiola claimed the 23-year-old was “sad and desperate” after being widely criticised in the Italian media following his disappointing World Cup.

Balotelli, who still has four years left on his contract with the Rossoneri, has scored 30 goals in 54 matches for Milan since his move from Manchester City in January 2013. Milan are keen to sell Balotelli for financial reasons. They will not compete in Europe next season for the first time in 16 years after finishing a disappointing eighth in Serie A.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani insists there is no rush to offer midfielder Nigel de Jong a new contract.

The Dutchman has been linked with a move away from the San Siro, with Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal reportedly interested in bringing the 29-year-old to Old Trafford.

Full-back Ignazio Abate’s future is also uncertain, with his contract set to expire next summer but, despite the uncertainty over their long-term futures, Galliani believes the duo will stay in Milan.

When asked about De Jong and Abate’s contract talks, the Milan CEO said: “There is time. They won’t escape.”

The Rossoneri were busy in the summer transfer window, and Galliani admits he has been impressed by their new arrivals – including Fernando Torres and Marco van Ginkel who joined the Serie A club on loan from Chelsea.

“We have a super attack and we are absolutely better than last season,” he told Italian media.

“Good things have come from Torres, Jeremy Menez and Giacomo Bonaventura. Van Ginkel has also started positively.

“I’m sure we will have a positive season.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

We've had a surprisingly decent start now that Pippo is in charge. I hope we continue along these lines - doing similar to what Juve did after calcipoli and forming a proper team at acceptable cost.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Italian giants AC Milan will secure the services of Liverpool forward Suso in July, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old Spaniard is out of contract in the summer and has struggled to make his way into manager Brendan Rodgers' plans at Anfield.

It is being reported he has agreed a four-year deal to play at the San Siro.

He has not featured for the Liverpool first team since their Capital One Cup penalty shoot-out win over Middlesbrough on September 23.

Suso has also struggled with a groin injury in the last few weeks but produced a lively display earlier in the week for Liverpool's U-21 side in their 2-0 win over Shrewsbury.

Suso, who joined the Reds in July 2010 from Cadiz and was on loan at Almeria last year, has made 21 appearances for Liverpool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

Ac Milan buying avg rejected players :hmm:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They're skint though Pak so this is the market they can afford to shop in until they find a way of generating more money without Berlusconi dipping in to his pocket to cover the bills every year.

It's a bit sad to see them the way they are as they're a such a giant name in the game it just seems ridiculous that they can't compete financially with top teams given the clubs history and tradition.

If you asked people to name the biggest club in Italy most would probably say Milan because of the European Cups but they're miles away from that level at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

never adopted to changes in commercial cog of modern football ..paying price heavily ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
AC Milan defender Philippe Mexes has been handed a four-match ban as a punishment for grabbing two Lazio players by the throat.

Mexes was dismissed in the dying minutes of his side's 3-1 defeat to Lazio after a series of altercations with Stefano Mauri.

The French defender reacted angrily when tripped by Mauri and minutes later had to be restrained by team-mates, having grabbed the Lazio captain by the throat.

Mexes also seized the throat of Mauri's team-mate, Albanian midfielder Lorik Cana, in the melee. He was sent off but had to be dragged away from Mauri and pushed off the field.

The 32-year-old will notably miss AC Milan's game against league leaders Juventus on February 7. It was the 16th red card of the former France international's career.

Safe to say Mexes lost his cool lots of people saying he should be told not to come back as his contract is up at the end of the season and it was just plain stupidity from him having been sent off he went back for more.

Because of the way bans work in Italy he's only banned for league games so he's actually free to play in the cup game vs Lazio this week.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:

AC Milan have revealed plans for a new stadium design that could see their finances transformed, reports Sky Italia's Valentina Fass.

AC Milan will have a new stadium as of the season 2018-19 - this is the idea at least.

Having a private stadium is the aim of many Italian clubs, but until now only Juventus has managed to achieve it.

The “Juventus Stadium effect” saw the Turin club win every home game on their way to a third consecutive Scudetto – setting a new points record (102) in the process.

But it’s off the pitch where the new stadium has really made a difference transforming the Juve’s finances – stadium revenues have tripled since the move, from 13m to over 40m euros and the club closed the 2013-14 financial year with a loss of 6.7m euros, down from €15.9m euros in the previous financial year.

A new stadium for Milan would mean enhancing one of the biggest brands in world – and help them catch up with their great northern rivals, Juventus.

There are six projects which are being taken into consideration and a final decision will be taken in the summer.

The latest to be presented is by architects Arup, who designed Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena and the Beijing Olympic stadium.

The idea is to emulate the English model with a stadium close to public transport and crowds closer to the pitch. It will host 48,000 people and be more family oriented.

The social aspect seems to be a priority for AC Milan since the stadium will be in town, close to where the team recently moved its headquarters.

Milan are also keen to ensure the new stadium will not have too much of a visual impact – this would be achieved by digging 10 metres underground.

There would also be sound control: special technology would be used to minimize crowd noise emanating from the stadium during matches.

It would also be very ‘green’ with a top floor roof gardens while inside the stadium complex there would be a sports secondary school, restaurants, kids’ playgrounds and spaces dedicated to young artists.

However, rival projects are equally socially conscious and include a medical centre, a skate park and a musical hub - we’ll have to wait and see which project gets the team and town council’s approval.

The big question is what will it mean for San Siro?

In the short term, the future of Milan’s historic stadium looks safe – it will be hosting the 2016 Champions League Final and AC Milan are committed to helping upgrade it.

Those improvements will include creating shops, restaurants, hospitality rooms and better, more comfortable, seating.

Inter will continue to use San Siro as its home once Milan has its new stadium – but it seems inevitable they will start thinking more actively of having a place of their own.

I read Inter have been looking at a similar thing themselves but if Milan move out they might look to purchase San Siro and redevelop it so they can start making money from it properly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Carlo Ancelotti has turned down the chance to return to AC Milan.

Ancelotti, 55, sacked by Real Madrid last week, held talks with Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani about a potential return to the club where he won two Champions Leagues.

Milan finished 10th in Serie A under current boss Filippo Inzaghi.

Ancelotti said: "Thanks to AC Milan for their interest. It was hard to say no to such a beloved club to me, but I need some rest. I wish them the best."

Former Chelsea boss Ancelotti had recently indicated that he was considering taking a year's sabbatical and having surgery on a back problem following his dismissal.

"I must have an operation because of spinal stenosis that for some time creates a tingle in my hands," he was quoted as telling Il Giornale.

"I don't know how long the period of recovery will be," he added. "I can assure you that I've had plenty of offers from Italy, England, Germany. I'm sure they will not be lacking from here until next year."

Ancelotti coached AC Milan from 2001 to 2009, winning the Italian league title in 2004 and two Champions League titles in 2003 and 2007.

He also twice won the old European Cup as a player with the club in 1989 and 1990.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Silvio Berlusconi is close to selling a 48 % stake in Milan to a Thai investor. The deal with Bee Taechaubol would be worth up to €470m (£342.1m), the Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

“For now it’s a deal that must be confirmed but it’s good for Milan,” Berlusconi said after meeting with Bee on Friday, according to the ANSA news agency. “We want to move forward and make Milan a contender again.”

Fininvest, the holding company for Berlusconi’s business interests, said the 78-year-old former Italian prime minster had approved a deal to negotiate exclusively with Bee for two months.

“Berlusconi, who will continue as president, and Mr Taechaubol will work together to build a great and ambitious project to return Milan to the top level of Italian football,” a Fininvest statement said. Bee runs the Thai Prime private equity group.

Berlusconi took over Milan in February 1986 and presided over their most successful era as the team won 28 trophies, including eight Serie A titles and five European Cups.

However, Milan’s form has dipped in recent years and the Rossoneri have not won Serie A since 2011.

This past season, Milan finished a disappointing 10th, thus failing to qualify for Europe for a second consecutive year.

Milan has discussed plans to build a new stadium but nothing official has been presented yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:16 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca has confirmed to Colombian press that he has agreed terms with AC Milan.

Bacca, who Sky sources understand had held talks with Liverpool, looks set to continue his career in Italy after two prolific seasons at Sevilla.

The 28-year-old, who scored 28 goals in all competitions last season, says the San Siro giants are the frontrunners to secure his signature.

When asked about his move to Milan, he told journalists in Colombia: “It needs to be confirmed, but it is true - we’ve reached an agreement with Milan.

"My representative tells me they are the club with 100 per cent of the possibility [of signing me].”

Bacca's representative, Sergio Barila, also confirmed the agreement between the club and player. He said: “I can confirm that Milan and the player have reached an agreement.

“Carlos has chosen the best for his future, it is normal to be happy.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari's contract with Italian club AC Milan has been ended by mutual consent.

The 30-year old joined the Rossoneri permanently in 2012 following a loan spell while he was at Inter Milan.

Muntari had one more year left on his contract that he signed in 2014.

"AC Milan and Sulley Muntari would like to announce they have reached agreement to dissolve the player's contract with the club as of today," a club statement read.

He fell out of favour after former boss Filippo Inzaghi replaced Clarence Seedorf as coach of the seven-time European champions, making just 16 Serie A appearances last season, scoring twice.

His future at the club has been in doubt since May when he asked to be left of the Milan squad for a Serie A match away to Palermo.

Milan paid tribute to the battling midfielder, adding: "AC Milan would like to thank Muntari for the commitment and professional attitude shown during his time playing in the Milan shirt and wish him all the very best for the future."

He has not played for Ghana since being sent home from the World Cup in Brazil last year for indiscipline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Milan have appointed the former Fiorentina and Sampdoria manager Vincenzo Montella on a two-year contract, the Serie A club announced on Tuesday.

The 42-year-old will begin work with the Italian side from 1 July and will replace Cristian Brocchi, who took charge on an interim basis after Sinisa Mihajlovic was sacked in April.

The former striker has also managed at Catania following a playing career that took him to Empoli, Genoa, Sampdoria and Roma, as well as a brief loan spell at Fulham in 2007.

Montella, who took over at Sampdoria last November and led them to 15th in Serie A, represented Italy 20 times between 1999 and 2005, scoring three times for his country.

In a statement, the club said: “It is the belief of the club that the style of play of the new Rossoneri coach will be the basis of an important, fruitful and positive collaboration. Heartfelt thanks to Cristian Brocchi for the enthusiasm, preparation and intensity with which he approached his career as Milan coach with the youth sides and the first team.”

Milan, who lost to Juventus in the Coppa Italia final last month, finished seventh in the league last season and will miss out on Europe for a third successive campaign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The takeover of AC Milan is on the verge of collapsing unless the Chinese investors trying to buy the club come up with another 80m euros by this weekend, Sky sources understand.

The long-drawn out deal, which values the Serie A club at £630m, was supposed to be completed three weeks ago on March 3.

When that deadline was missed, the group of investors known as Sino Europe Sports were given until this weekend to come up with €100m.

As of Wednesday, the group has been able to raise only another €20m.

AC Milan are owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. They have won seven European Cups and 18 Italian titles, but they have failed to qualify for the Champions League for three seasons in a row and have not won the Italian title for six years.

There's loads of rumours that these investors don't even exist Berlusconi apparently is just putting his own money in to keep it afloat but he doesn't want to be seen to be doing it because of his political ambitions in times of austerity him flaunting his wealth doesn't look good.

If this deal doesn't happen though they're in trouble as they've got some cracking young talent and they look like they're finally heading back in the right direction but if the investment isn't coming the young talent could easily be picked off by Juventus but also other european clubs.

Utd are apparently watching Donnaruma very closely if DDG goes he's apparently very high on their shopping list