AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Tevez 2K
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:16 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

United striker Tevez left mystified as permanent United deal stalls

Carlos Tevez is growing frustrated and mystified about why Manchester United have not asked him to sign a permanent deal.

The Argentina forward is beginning to wonder if he is fully appreciated by last season’s double winners and is puzzled as to why promises of a long-term deal have not been fulfilled by the club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... talls.html

Don't believe it but it is worrying... :unsure:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Carlos Tevez
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Highscores: 1
Not a single quote from Tevez or his agent. SAF has made it quite clear they'll sign him at the end of the season.

Looks like a space filler to me and a story plucked out of a journo's mind...

They couldn;t complete the deal now if they wanted to they've just blown 2008s transfer budget on Berbatov.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I thought the plan was to start negotiations at christmas time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Mr Carrot wrote:
I thought the plan was to start negotiations at christmas time.

The fee is already agreed and there is a system in place within the deal that Utd can pay the £20m in January. Gill and Ferguson have already said that the money to buy Carlos is already set aside and that the deal will be completed in the near future. To me this just seems like lazy journalism on a slow day looking at the fact that Carlos hasn't started the last few games.

My understanding is the contract is already agreed and from the interviews you actually see with him he's very happy at Utd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:16 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Manchester United have played down talk that has suggested their attempts to secure Carlos Tevez's long-term services have stalled.

Reports in England hinted the Argentina international superstar was growing frustrated at the lack of progress being made with regards his long-term future and was beginning to wonder if he was fully appreciated at Old Trafford.

Tevez and his representatives were told by United in July that moves to turn his loan arrangement into a permanent £32million transfer were imminent, but, as yet, no deal has been finalised.

Plenty of time
However, The Red Devils have stated there is plenty of time to resolve Tevez's future and that both the club and player have no concerns over making his loan switch a permanent deal.

"(Chief executive) David Gill told the papers in South Africa in July that we would hope to conclude a deal with Carlos before the New Year," a United spokesman told the club's official website.

"That is still our aim. The clocks haven't even gone back yet, so to talk of delays is nonsense.

"Both the club and Carlos are relaxed about the situation."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

We'll tie him up, we're not stupid enough to let him get away, absolutely cracking player.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Manchester United have denied there is any delay to their plans to sign Carlos Tevez.

The Argentina striker is currently in the second year of a two-season loan deal and has expressed a desire to commit himself permanently to the Old Trafford club, with his advisor Kia Joorabchian recently rejecting any interest in overtures from Manchester City.

Sir Alex Ferguson also wants the deal done, believing Tevez to be part of his long-term plans for the Red Devils.

However, with no conclusion in sight, reports have emerged that Tevez is getting frustrated by the situation and is wondering why United are dragging their heels.

The Glazer family has also said there would be no problem funding a reported £30million transfer, even though the credit crunch has had a massive effect in the United States, with United's sponsors AIG among the companies caught in the economic downtown, which has effectively forced them to be nationalised.

But a United spokesman has played down the speculation, insisting there is no delay and that the original timetable of a permanent deal being concluded by the end of the year is still in place.

"(Chief executive) David Gill told the papers in South Africa in July that we would hope to conclude a deal with Carlos before the new year," said a spokesman.

"That is still our aim. The clocks haven't even gone back yet, so to talk of delays is nonsense.

"Both the club and Carlos are relaxed about the situation."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm 
Major General
Major General

Por journalsim :thumbdown:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Carlos Tevez, the Manchester United forward who appears to have the most to lose from the signing of Dimitar Berbatov, has made a candid admission that he is dissatisfied with his level of performance and accepts Sir Alex Ferguson's reasons for shunting him down the pecking order.

Tevez has scored only once for United this season in six starts and a further three substitute appearances, and the Argentina international admitted being perplexed and disappointed by his lack of goals. "I am not as dangerous as I used to be," he said. "I am not as effective in the penalty area any more. That is something I have lost and something I have to get back. I used to score better goals, great goals. But something strange has happened."

It seems a harsh self-assessment given that Tevez was United's player of the month for August, but the 24-year-old did not score in that period and is also in the midst of a dispiritingly barren run for his national team, having failed to find the target in a competitive match since a Copa América tie against the United States 16 months ago and having been sent off twice in the World Cup qualifying campaign.

His record of seven goals in 43 internationals is disappointing, and Argentina's coach, Alfio "Coco" Basile, has already spoken to him about what is going wrong. "Coco has said he wants to see more of the old Carlos," said Tevez. "I have to try to get back to my previous level, and I do have confidence that I will."

Tevez has started only three of the seven games since Berbatov was signed from Tottenham for £30.75m at the end of August and the Argentinian has been left to mull over the possible reasons for the struggles in front of goal that have left him fourth in line to Berbatov, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I think, firstly, that it might have something to do with the fact that whoever plays up front these days has to do a lot more for the team than just score goals," he said. "They have to play more for the team and I think I have sacrificed myself recently with regards to that." He added: "I also think it is something to do with the quality of [Premier League] defenders. They are strong and big and that makes it difficult for somebody up front."

However, Tevez is eager to secure a long-term contract when his two-year loan arrangement with Media Sports Investment expires next summer.

Meanwhile the Court of Arbitration for Sport has opened proceedings to determine if it can hear West Ham United's appeal against a ruling that could see them pay out millions over Tevez's role in the Hammers' escape from relegation in 2007.

CAS confirmed yesterday afternoon that a statement of appeal had been filed by West Ham, asking the Lausanne court to adjudicate on an independent tribunal's assertion that they should pay compensation to Sheffield United for the Blades' relegation from the Premier League in 2007. The tribunal, convened under Football Association rules last month, found that West Ham gained at least three points thanks to Tevez, whose registration with the club was ruled to have breached third-party ownership rules in April 2007. The tribunal ruled that Sheffield United were due up to £50m in compensation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 am 
Major
Major

Highscores: 4
The fella is a class act just hasn't been firing on all cylinders so far this season. I'm sure he'll come good though

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

according to balague's website,Real are after him.... :angry: ...lets quickly tie him up with a long term deal,saf....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He's going no where, the guy is brilliant i love his attitude towards the game, and when he comes in to the team which is already playing well he'll still be a great addition

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Headline in The Sun: 'Tevez: I Blame Fergie For Goal Drought'.

Sample quotes from Carlos Tevez: "I feel better if I play a front role but I also play as a No 9 when I have to. I can do that. I'm ready to adapt for the team."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:54 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez believes the demands of English football have lessened his threat in front of goal.

The Argentina international has scored just once this season and he feels his form has been affected because of the work he has to do for the team in a highly-competitive Premier League.

"I'm not as dangerous. I'm not as effective in the penalty area any more," he said.

"That is something I have lost and I have to get that back. I used to score better goals, great goals.

"But something strange has happened. I think it has to do with the fact that the person up front has to do a lot more for the team than just score goals.

"They have to play more for the team and I think I have sacrificed myself recently with regards to that aspect.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

More paper rubbish it seems - notice how reports only appear when players are away for international duty?

Quote:
Tevez denies being worried about his United form

October 16, 2008

Carlos Tevez tonight issued a statement tonight distancing himself from reports which suggested he was not happy with his current form in the Premier League.

The Argentina striker has scored just once this season and had reportedly suggested his form had been affected because of the work he has to do for the team in English football's top division.

However, he said: "I have not given any interviews saying I have any difficulties in the Premier League. I love playing in the Premier League and I am very happy at Manchester United.

"I want to help the team win and am not worried where I play on the pitch, neither do I feel any extra pressure playing in the Premier League compared to other leagues.

"I have absolutely no idea where the reports came from. I have given no interview saying I have any difficulties at all with my form or the Premier League itself.''

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Carlos Tevez issued a statement on Thursday night distancing himself from reports which suggested he was not happy with his current form in the Barclays Premier League.

The Argentina striker has scored just once this season and had reportedly suggested his form had been affected because of the work he has to do for the team in English football's top division.

However, a statement read: "I have not given any interviews saying I have any difficulties in the Premier League. I love playing in the Premier League and I am very happy at Manchester United.

"I want to help the team win and am not worried where I play on the pitch, neither do I feel any extra pressure playing in the Premier League compared to other leagues.

"I have absolutely no idea where the reports came from. I have given no interview saying I have any difficulties at all with my form or the Premier League itself."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

fecking journalist

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

MANCHESTER, England (AFP) - Sir Alex Ferguson expects Manchester United to tie up a permanent deal for Carlos Tevez despite interest from Real Madrid.

Tevez moved to Old Trafford on a two-year loan deal which expires at the end of the season and the European champions have first option on a permanent transfer.

But reports suggest United want to renegotiate the 30 million pounds fee being demanded by MRI, the company who own the rights to Tevez, while there have also been rumours that the Argentine forward is concerned about his lack of playing time this season.

Spanish champions Real have been linked with a bid for Tevez, but Ferguson remains hopeful the 24-year-old will stay.

"I don't have to send any message to Carlos He knows where he is and how well we have treated him," Ferguson said.

"He's been a smashing player for us and I wouldn't want to lose him. I'm quite confident he will be staying.

"There's no deadline. Originally, we were looking at the end of the season, but that's been brought forward and we have been having negotiations for some time. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon, we are ahead of things.

"I don't know if it's true Madrid want him. It could be, but I am not worried about that. I think we will be okay. I don't have any worries about him going."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

Man Utd Ready To Axe Tevez

Manchester United are ready to axe Argentine starlet Carlos Tevez in favour of a striker that can score at least 20 goals a season.

Argentina international Tevez is currently on a two-year-long loan at Old Trafford, and Sir Alex Ferguson has the option of buying him at the end of that loan, next summer.

The only problem is that Tevez will cost Man Utd around £34m, and it has been reported that Ferguson is not willing to meet that price tag set by the player's owner Kia Joorabchian.

This could mean that Ferguson is ready to axe Tevez and find himself a striker that can score 20 plus goals a season. The rumoured, big-name candidates are David Villa, Karim Benzema and Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

David Villa has just signed a new contract at Valencia and is unlikely to move anytime soon, but Ferguson is reportedly keen on the 26-year-old Spanish star. The player claimed during the summer that he was a big fan of Arsenal and said he would be happy to play with them, and Liverpool apparently made an approach towards him in the summer, but Valencia repelled them and Villa decided to extend his stay at the Mestalla.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar is reportedly in negotiations to sign a new deal with his current club Ajax, and looks unlikely to leave, and Karim Benzema of Lyon has spoken of his desire to stay at Lyon and win a European title with the French champions.

This means that Man United's search for an out and out striker continues and Tevez could well be the one to suffer if they do find their man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

pakrooney wrote:
Man Utd Ready To Axe Tevez

Manchester United are ready to axe Argentine starlet Carlos Tevez

interesting that considering the quote from above by SAF :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next